PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is Padding? All about the secret of the Belichick Patriots

Hm. I made the thread title longer. Could a mod update to have more description? Thanks.

Interesting tidbit….
Or, say, the pads showed a clear pattern for an offense near the goal line. That offense was, say, the Seahawks, and they tended to, perhaps, attempt a particular slant route when within five yards of the end zone. Sound familiar? It should, because in Super Bowl XLIX, the clues from the pads led to extra reps for New England defensive backs in that very situation against that very route. And when only two yards separated the actual Seahawks from imminent victory, cornerback Malcolm Butler knew exactly where to be and precisely what to do, setting up his triumph-sealing interception.

I wonder if BB has anyone padding the Patriots games? It seems the tendencies in offensive play calls that we all see would just jump out at them.

Good article, but padding is only as good as the "padder" who draws it up and the coordinator who uses it, if not done correctly then it might work against you..

I firmly believe that BB has stored up schemes for all 3 phases of the game that he saves for "break glass in emergency" moments. Because once you use a certain formation, play, tactic, etc , its on film for eternity. That bell has been rung.

Im confident that BB has a few tricks for the Bills that he didnt roll out last Bills vs NE game.

Football equivalent to Penthouse Forum back in the day

Keen insights into the foundations of the dynasty.

Take away was Pepper was slow on the uptake.

Thanks for sharing.
That was very interesting. Thanks from here also @holyredeemer .

It seems that Bill learned padding from Tuna, who probably learned it from Ray Perkins. It was Belichick who perfected it though.

And since Brady was moving players around with TB and Ferentz saw that as a product of padding under Bill, then we can also say that Brady learned from it.

Hopefully, Mac will pick it up asap.

That was very interesting. Thanks from here also @holyredeemer .

It seems that Bill learned padding from Tuna, who probably learned it from Ray Perkins. It was Belichick who perfected it though.

And since Brady was moving players around with TB and Ferentz saw that as a product of padding under Bill, then we can also say that Brady learned from it.

Hopefully, Mac will pick it up asap.
It didn't really say but my hunch is he learned it from his father.

I firmly believe that BB has stored up schemes for all 3 phases of the game that he saves for "break glass in emergency" moments. Because once you use a certain formation, play, tactic, etc , its on film for eternity. That bell has been rung.

Im confident that BB has a few tricks for the Bills that he didnt roll out last Bills vs NE game.
You think Bill didn't think that the last Bills game was important? Poppycock! I think Bill would prefer that it doesn't take tricks to beat the Bills. He probably wants the players to be more physical than tricky.

It didn't really say but my hunch is he learned it from his father.
Bill is wise enough to learn from anyone, but his father was his #1 influence. Steve did a pretty good job.

I was also struck by Ozzie Newsome's success. Too bad Bill couldn't have brought him here.

You think Bill didn't think that the last Bills game was important? Poppycock! I think Bill would prefer that it doesn't take tricks to beat the Bills. He probably wants the players to be more physical than tricky.
That is not my point.

That game was out of reach. No reason to tip your hand vs a team with high odds youll face in the playoffs.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back