PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is more difficult? Undefeated in the NBA Playoffs or undefeated NFL season?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Is it more difficult:

• To go undefeated in an NFL season?

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • To go undefeated in the NBA Playoffs?

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll find out next year when James opts out and joins the Warriors.

NBA is a dead joke.

I think it's pretty close with both of them being equally difficult.

We can all agree going undefeated in the NFL is close to impossible.

The challenge for the NBA team is to go 16-0 versus ALL playoff teams with at a minimum 8 being on the road.

In my lifetime I've seen some pretty dominant teams (83 Sixers, 86 Celts, 87 Lakers, 90s Bulls teams, 2000s Lakers and Spurs teams and this GS team) and none of them have swept the playoffs.

Both are, obviously, incredibly hard.

We've seen an NFL team go undefeated. We've never seen an NBA team march through the playoffs undefeated.

Ergo, going through the NBA playoffs undefeated must be harder.

The OP should have included a selection that says

"No one cares"

But superman would have kicked Spider-Man's arse

NBA Playoffs.
16 games against, supposedly, the best competition still standing...eight of them away. So demanding that it's never been done.

I think a complete undefeated NFL season, regular and playoffs, is more difficult because you have to win 16 plus three or four playoff games, with all the crazy bounces and calls and just plain luck that can drive the outcome of an NFL Game...as we know all too well.

I think going 19-0 is considerably harder. The NBA playoffs this year were a joke, Golden State was so far ahead of everyone else it was just silly. The NBA with its huge salary increase over night led to this. Every NBA team had money to burn even the really good teams. It created an unfair advantage sort of and now we have an all time great NBA super team. For how long, I have no clue.

You can't lump Golden State in that category, though. Durant was signed, sure. But the vast majority of that core team was built through the draft.

Primetime, those were some great posts. I clicked the winner icon, but they were over the top good. Had to say something. Your first post in this thread was brilliant.

Thanks man.

You can't lump Golden State in that category, though. Durant was signed, sure. But the vast majority of that core team was built through the draft.

I am not sure what you mean, yes Golden State was a great team.. and then they got to sign a top 1-2 player in the league because of a massive salary cap increase over night.

Golden State was already championship caliber and now they are almost unbeatable. Basically every NBA team got what like an extra 60 mil to spend?

If Durant went to the Celtics or to Toronto the NBA could have 4 teams all competing for championships.. now the NBA has 1 team and its really not even close.

Under normal circumstances I would say both situations are almost impossible but with the NBA TV money that came in, it created a massive imbalance.

Golden State should have gone 16-0 it took an incredible game by Kyrie and Lebron to score 83 points in the 1st half of game 4 to win 1 game.

I am not sure what you mean, yes Golden State was a great team.. and then they got to sign a top 1-2 player in the league because of a massive salary cap increase over night.

Golden State was already championship caliber and now they are almost unbeatable. Basically every NBA team got what like an extra 60 mil to spend?

If Durant went to the Celtics or to Toronto the NBA could have 4 teams all competing for championships.. now the NBA has 1 team and its really not even close.

Under normal circumstances I would say both situations are almost impossible but with the NBA TV money that came in, it created a massive imbalance.

Golden State should have gone 16-0 it took an incredible game by Kyrie and Lebron to score 83 points in the 1st half of game 4 to win 1 game.

My point was that Golden State was already a championship squad before Durant came and they were built through the draft. I don't necessarily think you can lump them in. They didn't bring in Curry, Durant, Thompson, and Green by way of FA due to the increase. They only brought in Durant. The other pieces of the core were already there.

My point was that Golden State was already a championship squad before Durant came and they were built through the draft. I don't necessarily think you can lump them in. They didn't bring in Curry, Durant, Thompson, and Green by way of FA due to the increase. They only brought in Durant. The other pieces of the core were already there.

True Golden State did build through the draft and hit on alot of players. There is no way they would have been able to add the best player or 2nd best player in the league though. Don't salary caps usually rise over time a 7 % increase per year or something.. but this situation gave all NBA teams a massive % increase over night.

So if you were a free agent in the year that all this money became available you could basically pick any team in the league to go to. Why not go to Golden State, a team that won 73 games last season and was a hair away from repeating for NBA championship.

My point is that all that money coming in at once basically ruined the league.
I am not sure what the cap implications going forward for Golden State, I doubt they can keep the top 4 players they have, but if they do they will be almost unbeatable for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News