PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is funny about 28-3? Seriously, I'm asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a memory for my life. When I see the score (28-3), it makes me smile. Don't really care if others see humor in it.

It's funny to me because of their premature celebrating. And then they realised that they were about to become another statistic....

BossyCostlyHoneybee.gif

But....the Falcons owner always goes down to the field in the fourth quarter. Jerry Jones does the same thing.

I'm not condoning it but it's not something out of character for this guy.

I assume I just don't get it.

I was in Illinois after the Bears won XX. I never got "46-10" even though all knew I was a Patriots fan.

Maybe if it was a "rival" team, I'd get it. If it was the Colts, Jets, or Steelers, I'd smile.

If we were all Saint fans and replaced the Patriots with the Saints somehow, I'd smile.

Trying to pretend I care about the Falcons, huh? What am I missing?
A super bowl is bigger than a rivalry.
That said I've always thought winning deserved more celebration than pointing out the other team lost

I was in Illinois after the Bears won XX. I never got "46-10" even though all knew I was a Patriots fan.

Maybe if it was a "rival" team, I'd get it. If it was the Colts, Jets, or Steelers, I'd smile.

If we were all Saint fans and replaced the Patriots with the Saints somehow, I'd smile.

Please tell us you don’t feel bad for Atlanta fans. We’re Patriots fans that really don’t care about opposing fans “feelings”.

Seriously

I haven't gotten into all the "28-3" stuff, but if I ever had a temptation to feel bad for them, all I have to do is remember how Blank opened his dumb yap during Defamegate.

Plus, the Saints, our GateBros, hate them, so I'll revel with them the same way they reveled with us when they beat Fivehead in SB44.

For me, personally though, it's more about TFB's greatness and the clutch plays made by our guys. But I'm not gonna hate on the "28-3 meme" crowd. Life's too short, and everyone hates us already, to turn on our own.

If it weren't for their owner being on the sidelines prematurely and having his SB moment ruined by the guy he criticized in deflategate, I wouldn't laugh either. It was just an outstanding effrot by us. There wasn't any Neil O'Donnell type "here's the ball, go win the game" plays, the Patriots just made amazing plays.

-Hightower strip sack
-Flowers sack to get them out of FG Range
-Brady being pinpoint accurate on his last 3 -4 drives when there was hardly any seperation and Falcons DB's actually covered pretty decently
-Edelman's catch :O how could I almost forget

Of course there was some mental breakdown involved in a bit of those but also great , clutch individual plays.

If you don't get it, then it probably can't be explained to you

Also, if the Falcons ran the ball 3 times straight for no gain after the Julio Jones catch and their kicker misses a 40+ yard field goal (hardly a gimme), the media would have crucified ATL for NOT passing in that situation.

I don't think it's funny. I think it was an amazing performance by the Pats that I am still celebrating.

Edit - and oh yeah, I wear the shirt proudly.

Last edited:
I think nationally this plays more than locally. To me that's simple. They can't celebrate the Patriots winning because they all hate them. So what's the next best thing? Schadenfreude the loser to death.

Our company does have a Denver office and they were sending victory taunt emails in the 3rd quarter. Whenever one of them talks sh!t I usually throw in a you mean like being up 28-3 and sending a ******ed email? Other than that I don't bring it up and who can blame a guy for kicking a donkey?

images.jpg

Its funny the same way 18-1 is funny to non pats fans
Go 18-1 and dominate an entire season and have one unlucky play, doesn't bother me.

We have 5 rings and counting...
Yea I'm not saying 18-1 still holds its power.. But before the last 2 titles it still hurt me to think about.. I know I'm not alone

I think it will always hurt just cause we all wanted it all... And to be the first team to go 19-0.

Never know could happen again but as long as we keep winning those rings that's all that matters

I've seen a lot of Pats fans frame it as a point of pride. But I find it to be a bit tasteless. Don't really care for it. It reminds me of the idiots with the 18-1 shirts. If that game were played a hundred more times the Giants wouldn't win once. But you want to focus on the other team instead of the unprecedented upset you pulled off? Whatever helps you sleep at night, I suppose. But we are the preeminent franchise in NFL history. As a fanbase we should be above such tactics.

For whatever reason the Jets Suck Thread is a zillion pages every season.
Yes, but that is about a division (and geographic) rival. I was referencing neutral fans who would seemingly have no rooting interest, gloating about a team that loses a championship - even though their team was eliminated weeks or months prior to that game.

I wish the meme were instead 31-0, because that's what the Patriots did, and that is damn impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes