PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WHAT HAPPENED TO PATRIOT FAN

Lets Go Reaction GIF

Join dates are not necessarily accurate.
I actually joined either 2003 or 2004, after getting bored with the old espn patriots board. Had different handle then and Ive gone years at a time w/o posting as my former career kept me crazy busy. But I always came here now and then to read posts etc.
But I think Tony was referring to chronolgical age. Hes also been a Patriots fan many years longer than you

I didn't know this site existed until I joined. I've Loved it ever sense. Deus was the first poster to reply to me if I recall correctly.

I sat on my girlfriend's couch rooting for Grogan to bring back the Pats against the Bears after halftime. I chose watching getting slaughtered over getting laid. Haha.

I was and am still delusional. Although that delusion led to a rerality most of the time.

Says I joined in 2009...probably accurate but I was on webcrossing NFL AFC East prior to joining Ian's site here ....I didn't know about this site until Joker mentioned it as he was a regular over there following the Red Sox......Think my avatar was Angelfire back then. Have been a Patriot fan since their inception when I was a young pup in my late teens.....don't post much but enjoy the commentary here......

I didn't know this site existed until I joined. I've Loved it ever sense. Deus was the first poster to reply to me if I recall correctly.

I sat on my girlfriend's couch rooting for Grogan to bring back the Pats against the Bears after halftime. I chose watching getting slaughtered over getting laid. Haha.

I was and am still delusional. Although that delusion led to a rerality most of the time.
My experience was similar only Deus was the first one to call me a moron.

Where has he been anyway? Miss reading that guy's posts.

I think he initially questioned whether I was a troll or not. Haha. But over the years I now understand why.

He's somewhat cantankerous but is one of my favorite Patsfan posters.

He's back now after taking a brief hiatus. Glad for that.

Says I joined in 2009...probably accurate but I was on webcrossing NFL AFC East prior to joining Ian's site here ....I didn't know about this site until Joker mentioned it as he was a regular over there following the Red Sox......Think my avatar was Angelfire back then. Have been a Patriot fan since their inception when I was a young pup in my late teens.....don't post much but enjoy the commentary here......
we were posting at CNNSI way back when, remember? Sysop Judy ring a bell? She'd ban me and I'd come back with an underscore? She'd ban that one and I'd double underscore...on and on it went....me and Tuco had more aliases than Jesse James and the Youngers....so one day, instead of Joe Kerr or Joe Carr, I logged in as Joseph Automobile and played like I was a Packer fan....she didn't catch on until Bikeman pulled my covers on the tennis thread with that psycho Anita and Mountain Chick. Those were the days my friend...the hilarity never stopped. The best was our buddy Ray Ray going beserk every single day about Vinny Testaverde being way better than Drew Bledsoe and then exploding on anybody who disagreed....THIS is where the RayRay19 he uses today comes from...started out plain RayRay then RayRay1 and 2 and 3.....LMAO that Judy sure thought she owned the internet...it was such a wacky time.

Thinking about this has brought back some memories. My father was from Tilton NH. It's one of my favorite places on earth. It was my original hometown although I never really lived there except for a few years. My father was in the Air force. I was born in Tennessee when he was in Vietnam. Smirnoff AFB. My first memory of the Pats was while we were stationed in Templehoff Germany. I think it was 1972 or 73. Back then the Air force would play prerecorded games on Sunday. One day I heard my dad say, " Oh Shyt. The Patriots are on". It was vs the Redskins. I don't remember who won or lost but I do remember watching the game with my dad.

I know sports are just sports but they have had an awesome communication thing in my family. The day before my wonderful Grandmother died she told me that she thought that Roger Clemens was definitely a wife beater. Hahaha. He was a traitor. For some reason he was on her TV while my brother and I were visiting. I'm so glad she got to see them win the world series. Ironically she was born in 1918. Haha.

We are basically a blue collar family. We believe in blue collar principals. My brother and I both have "white collar" jobs but we're still blue collar guys. Integrity and honor mean something to us. When Brady refused to throw the Ball boys under the bus for Fraudell's deal, he won our hearts. I will always be a Brady fan and I will always root for the Patriots.

I actually joined either 2003 or 2004, after getting bored with the old espn patriots board. Had different handle then and Ive gone years at a time w/o posting as my former career kept me crazy busy. But I always came here now and then to read posts etc.
But I think Tony was referring to chronolgical age. Hes also been a Patriots fan many years longer than you
If you remember Jim Whalen's team MVP/All-Pro season it's a dead giveaway.

My first memory of the Pats was while we were stationed in Templehoff Germany. I think it was 1972 or 73. Back then the Air force would play prerecorded games on Sunday. One day I heard my dad say, " Oh Shyt. The Patriots are on". It was vs the Redskins. I don't remember who won or lost but I do remember watching the game with my dad.
Similar for me but we were right here at home. Game was at Schaefer, 'Skins were headed for the Super Bowl. They kicked a field goal but there was a penalty on the Pats and they committed the cardinal sin - "Never Take Points Off The Board" - they took the first down, failed to score and Pats won their second one point game in a row to actually go 2-1. They won one more game that year. Chuck Fairbanks was hired from Oklahoma in January and the Patriots' six year run of irrelevance was over, forever. Six years sounds so small compared to other teams' runs of futility. 1990-92 was only three years and only stunk because Flutie was setting unbreakable records in Canada instead of here.

Yeah, I actually have an older registration date than most posters here, but I have only been active here for 2-3 seasons now. Been discussing the Pats online for a long time....I go way back to The Sporting News message boards....when @patfanken was a spring chicken!

I think Deus has called at least 50% of the board a moron at some time or other.

we were posting at CNNSI way back when, remember? Sysop Judy ring a bell? She'd ban me and I'd come back with an underscore? She'd ban that one and I'd double underscore...on and on it went....me and Tuco had more aliases than Jesse James and the Youngers....so one day, instead of Joe Kerr or Joe Carr, I logged in as Joseph Automobile and played like I was a Packer fan....she didn't catch on until Bikeman pulled my covers on the tennis thread with that psycho Anita and Mountain Chick. Those were the days my friend...the hilarity never stopped. The best was our buddy Ray Ray going beserk every single day about Vinny Testaverde being way better than Drew Bledsoe and then exploding on anybody who disagreed....THIS is where the RayRay19 he uses today comes from...started out plain RayRay then RayRay1 and 2 and 3.....LMAO that Judy sure thought she owned the internet...it was such a wacky time.
RayRay19 wouldn't be RLKG would he?

I think Deus has called at least 50% of the board a moron at some time or other.

I suspect that estimate might be a touch on the low side

Simple truths of life:

1. Most people are idiots.
  2. Even the smartest and wisest of people are idiots (morons) sometimes.

He's still coming to grips with the fact Andrew Luck is out of the league, if I had to take a guess.

ESPN boards around 03-04 were my starting point too...

To put this in the proper perspective time wise...when Ian launched this site the main Patriots fan board was named "The Unofficial Patriots.com" board. THIS was the board that most Patriot fans on the web used instead of the ridiculous official Kraft supported Patriots.com board. THAT board was absolutely the WORST fan unfriendly site ever constructed and was run by a software company from India. They knew absolutely ZERO about the NFL or the Patriots. Unofficial Pats.com eventually got sued out of existence by Kraft if I'm remembering correctly.This was in the late 90's. When that happened a whole bunch of posters from that board and the KFFL board and the Rivals board began migrating to Ian's Patsfans and the rest, as you can well see, is sports message board history.:excited::):thumbsup:

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
Back