PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What about KB?

He doesn't have speed deceptive or otherwise but he does have the ability to get open and catch the dang ball. He's the happiest man in the league that Hopkins is a Titan.

I think that was an okay no-sign for us. Bourne, Schuster, Parker, Thornton, [your name here] and two competent tight ends. Sure injuries can screw us but injuries can always screw us. Let's see if Mac becomes pro-bowl Mac again with competent coaching and Imma say slightly less suspect line play. All that talk about Hopkins, the big news woulda been a surprise trade for a fierce and disgruntled LT.
He DOES have deceptive speed IMO, you don't think he can blow by guys but he can.. he showed this against Miami week 1 and other times during the season.. I see KB as a guy we absolutely need in this offense. So that is what I mean by deceptive speed.. DBs may not think an WR has a second gear but he can fool you. He's also great after the catch. I believe he'd be here with or without hop signing.. but to your point sure he is more happy now that it didn't happen..

I don't feel all that bad about hop not signing.. he chose titans over KC, Buffalo as well as NE.

KB is MJ's new BFF with JM gone.

BOB will give KB more snaps when last season MP and JJ had KB in the DH.

Hopefully Bill decides to let him play this year.

He DOES have deceptive speed IMO, you don't think he can blow by guys but he can.. he showed this against Miami week 1 and other times during the season.. I see KB as a guy we absolutely need in this offense. So that is what I mean by deceptive speed.. DBs may not think an WR has a second gear but he can fool you. He's also great after the catch. I believe he'd be here with or without hop signing.. but to your point sure he is more happy now that it didn't happen..

I don't feel all that bad about hop not signing.. he chose titans over KC, Buffalo as well as NE.
So you're prolly thinking of that 41 yarder where he victimized a backup CB (Needham? I remember saying yeah they needem another cornerback...) He was looking back at the ball and almost coming to a stop so that KB could LOOK fast.)

But I agree with you, just not with the word "speed." He ends up on the other side of guys somehow then he catches the ball. I'm good with KB.

He's really good, and has great chemistry with Mac so that's a plus he's the receiver I feel the best about.

So you're prolly thinking of that 41 yarder where he victimized a backup CB (Needham? I remember saying yeah they needem another cornerback...) He was looking back at the ball and almost coming to a stop so that KB could LOOK fast.)

But I agree with you, just not with the word "speed." He ends up on the other side of guys somehow then he catches the ball. I'm good with KB.

Yes that's one of the plays! another is jumping In between defenders against Cleveland in the 2022 season.. he was exceptionally good in the Bengals game!

Yeah KBs just one of those you'd love to have in your offense.

We just need to maximize the guys we have on this roster. Other than KB I'm really excited about what the TE usage could do for the offense.

Hopkins would have been a good addition to this team, but since that isn’t going to happen how they use that money can still make an impact for the next couple of years. Good players always become available in late summer, hopefully they use the $$ to bolster the Ozl.

There seemed to be a lot of “enemy of my enemy” stuff going on with Bourne last year in that his reported clashes with Patricia somehow earned him a pass from fans on other things that were in his control. It was pretty unanimous that he was having a rough training camp, but that all disappeared once we could blame Patricia instead of Bourne.

Things seem to be off to a better start this offseason, with Bourne saying he didn’t give good enough effort last season and vowing to be better. He was noticeably more muscular in open practices, which is probably good if he wants to match his impressive YAC numbers from 2021.

There seemed to be a lot of “enemy of my enemy” stuff going on with Bourne last year in that his reported clashes with Patricia somehow earned him a pass from fans on other things that were in his control. It was pretty unanimous that he was having a rough training camp, but that all disappeared once we could blame Patricia instead of Bourne.

Things seem to be off to a better start this offseason, with Bourne saying he didn’t give good enough effort last season and vowing to be better. He was noticeably more muscular in open practices, which is probably good if he wants to match his impressive YAC numbers from 2021.
I believe KB once he knew that Patricia and judge didn't know what they were talking about or trying to coach.. he spoke out and checked out mentally.

That aspect of things he could control and have done better are definitely on him. As we've seen everything else was not. It was good to see him take accountability for that and come in with a different perspective this season.

I believe he has a huge opportunity to place himself back in the starting line up in wich he played so well in 2021.

I believe KB once he knew that Patricia and judge didn't know what they were talking about or trying to coach.. he spoke out and checked out mentally.

That aspect of things he could control and have done better are definitely on him. As we've seen everything else was not. It was good to see him take accountability for that and come in with a different perspective this season.

I believe he has a huge opportunity to place himself back in the starting line up in wich he played so well in 2021.
I think the team as a whole checked out and did not step up to do their best on the things they could control. I think that’s true of Mac, Trent, pretty much all of them.

that‘s why I’m so optimistic that BOB will make a tremendous difference, and especially to KB and MJ.

I think the team as a whole checked out and did not step up to do their best on the things they could control. I think that’s true of Mac, Trent, pretty much all of them.

that‘s why I’m so optimistic that BOB will make a tremendous difference, and especially to KB and MJ.
I agree! Looking over this roster heading into camp.. I feel good about the guys we have.. I too feel that having a fiery guy like BOB.. to get on guys and hold them accountable is huge! Especially for a guy like Trent! He is the key to the O line if he comes in and even gives a 75% then we will be far better on the line.

I'm expecting them to be a much more balanced team. On defense the only question I have is can we slow top tier QBs and WRs.. having gonzo helps to answer the WR question.. however that's the only question I have of our stout defense can we slow elite offense this season!

What about him?? KB's ceiling might be a #3 but in reality he might be very good #4. Like our current Patriots WR's IF a DC doubles any of them he should be in the unemployment line.

Kb was out most explosive receiver last year. But he dared question fat Matt and Bills decision making so he got buried in the dog house

Anytime he was on the field he made a play. Which made his benching even more frustrating so they had to put him back there.

I expect a big year from him.

What about him?? KB's ceiling might be a #3 but in reality he might be very good #4. Like our current Patriots WR's IF a DC doubles any of them he should be in the unemployment line.
In this offense I see him as a 2.. or who knows he may end up being the go to guy.. I feel good about our group.. guys will all have to step up and play thier positions

Kendrick Bourne in 2021 amassed over 800 yards receiving. Was dynamic with Mac, and can line up all over the field.

He is our most dynamic WR.. deceptive speed, great hands, heck of a route runner and is clutch.

Parker gets a contract but KB doesn't.. we all know what happened last season as he was pushed down the depth chart.

My hope is that he is on this roster going forward.. with Hopkins in Tennessee it's time to look towards the guys we currently have on this roster.

Love to hear thoughts on KB. Thanks!
Bourne is an enigma to me... I believe he did not get a new deal because of last year... Leaves me wishing we had sold high after 2021...

Bourne found himself in the dog house last year... And this is what bothers me about him - he did nothing to work his way out of it... He got used more due to attrition... More guys got hurt, his reps picked up... He needed to step up and let his play scream "play me" ... But it didn't... There was hardly any effort... And when he had his chances, he effed it up more times than not...

He's said the right things this off-season... So I am going to be patient and take a wait and see... But right now I have him penciled in the 4th wr spot... If any of the rookies step up he might not be long in new england

Bourne is an enigma to me... I believe he did not get a new deal because of last year... Leaves me wishing we had sold high after 2021...

Bourne found himself in the dog house last year... And this is what bothers me about him - he did nothing to work his way out of it... He got used more due to attrition... More guys got hurt, his reps picked up... He needed to step up and let his play scream "play me" ... But it didn't... There was hardly any effort... And when he had his chances, he effed it up more times than not...

He's said the right things this off-season... So I am going to be patient and take a wait and see... But right now I have him penciled in the 4th wr spot... If any of the rookies step up he might not be long in new england
Valid points, what I look at I guess it's just IMO, the times he was called upon he's delivered. Now last off season he didn't do himself any favors by not at least trying to be a good soldier for the sake of the team.. amid the dysfunctional offense.

He seemingly has owned up to his short comings.. that takes accountability and leadership ability to do that. Me personally I don't know that he's that far down the depth chart I guess is really hinges on camp.. this will be his 3rd year in ... well technically 2nd in the patriots system. He has a great report with Mac and really that's all that matter is how is the connection between the QB and WR when on the field.

As of now until camp gets rocking and rolling and things get testy and competitive. I have juju, Bourne and Parker as the top 3 WRs with Thornton In at 4.. so I guess we'll see !

Might be that he didn't want a new deal after last year. I doubt he's going to ever want to go anywhere BB if this year shakes out the same way. It was ridiculous to see him sitting on the bench.

In this offense I see him as a 2.. or who knows he may end up being the go to guy.. I feel good about our group.. guys will all have to step up and play thier positions
You mean on the 30 to 32nd ranked Offense sure he could be a two but it wouldn't matter when we're at the bottom of the barrel. Somebody should ask BB him being a Legendary DC and HC how would he scheme against this current Patriots Offense?? I sure he would smile and probably say he wouldn't lose any sleep.

Bourne did nothing to work his way out of it?? He called the BS Offensive circus before all of us saw it and BB took the side of his dear friend Fat Matt. How dare Bourne question his under use in a struggling ******ed Offense. Right now this Offense lacks a Volume Catcher and I don't think Juju is that guy.

You mean on the 30 to 32nd ranked Offense sure he could be a two but it wouldn't matter when we're at the bottom of the barrel. Somebody should ask BB him being a Legendary DC and HC how would he scheme against this current Patriots Offense?? I sure he would smile and probably say he wouldn't lose any sleep.
You know something brother.. they can be ranked 32 out of 32.. it ultimately going to be on them how the perform. Go figure.. we won 8 games and most of the games they were in that were losses..they beat themselves.. with a functional OC they went 10-7.. were top 10 in offense and top 5 in the red zone.. with jannu Smith and alghlor on this offense.

So at this point I look at like they are what they are offensely.. it's going to be up the patriots offense to dictate to defenses what they want to do.. we didn't have a number 1 in 2021, and had excellent offensive production.
So we'll see soon!

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back