PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker signs with Denver Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Schefter: Welker to Broncos

2 years for $12 million?? *sigh* Pats should have matched it.. Very stupid not to have.

I guess he either was pissed or we just f'ed up because $6M a year for 2 seasons isn't even close to outrageous for his production.

Schefter: Wes Welker to Broncos

I like welker in all but he chokes kinda. His chance to win a SB came on his shoulders in 11, this past year on the 1 st or second drive he can catch a pass for a big gain. Drops the pass. Welker is a regular season dude for us not a playmaker playoff guy. Fix our D and Brady can help keep the O #1.

only $6M per year. Insane to not match or top that.

The problem with lowballing a player is that, every so often, they decide not to give you the opportunity to match. Pats treated Welker like crap last season, even after he signed the franchise tender to spur negotiations. Why should he give them a chance to match rather than the FU this contract is?

Wes Welker

just making another wes welker thread since everybody else is.:D

I am giving the mods the okay to move this thread if they want since if if I didn't they would be forced to keep it open.

That's fine. I actually don't mind... or at least I won't, until I see how things shake out.

I can't even begin to fathom the level of homerism it must require to have your take on this.

Re: $6 million a year for two years!

As a guy who didn't want welker for more than 7 million. This is a colossal failure by BB baring him having Cruz or Fitzgerald done already.

Don't hold your breath.

I'm annoyed they didn't match since this was good value, but I'll hold off on getting extremely pissed until we see how they plan on using the cap room they have.

Re: Welker to Denver

why do people make threads when there is already 5. Look before you make.

So now BB what's next?!

12m for 2 years, cant believe that surely Welker would test market more if thats the case

Re: Schefter: Wes Welker deal to Broncos nearly done

What the hell are you talking about? Of course he's worth that. He's worth more than Harvin and Wallace, so he's worth that money and then some.

The ridiculous of this board never ceases to amaze me.

I just read he got 2 years 12 million.

Welker to Denver

Wes Welker lands a two-year, $12 million deal from the Broncos. Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Wes Welker. Have fun, Peyton.

MOD please delete or merge..

2/12.

someone is ****ing joking right.

2/12.

NO way. NO ****ING WAY

The only thing to do is to sign Pollard now!

WTF!? If this is for real then I really am speechless. The Pats FO doesn't believe that Welker was worth at least this for only 2 years. I'm still having a hard time believing right now. If true....epic fail on Kraft and BB. If I were Brady I would be down-right p!$$ed off.

Because Miami's Wes was on the Pats Wes's level. System WR who couldnt make the big catch GOOD RIDDANCE:singing:

Why is it impossible Welker didn't break out til he got here? He wasn't even that bad in Miami he was on terrible teams. System player is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Welker will be a pro bowler in Denver easily.

You have got to be kidding me *facepalm*

Re: Per Schefter: Welker to Broncos

maybe they did.....maybe welker just took his marbles and left

You make no sense. You don't get an offer from one team, go back to your original team and see if they'll match and when they say they will match it go "Oh well, too bad, I'm signing with the new team".

Clearly no clue how business is done.

I don't think there's any way the Patriots didn't top that.

Wes stuck it to the Pats plain and simple. Ray Allen II.

Good luck Wes, I hope you'll need it. Since I root strictly for the uniform (aside from TB12) I hope this marks a long, steep decline in his play.

Screams of Welker being Petty, can pretty much guarantee more than 1 team will have offered him more but the Broncos offer him the best chance to "stick it" to the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back