PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker injured last night

If there's any team that knows the blueprint for stopping Welker it's the Patriots, since we've seem the Giants put it to work expertly at the most inopportune time.

Never like to wish an injury on anyone, but what's bad for the Broncos is good for us.

If there's any team that knows the blueprint for stopping Welker it's the Patriots, since we've seem the Giants put it to work expertly at the most inopportune time.

Welker was great in SB 42 and I didn't realize the Giants caused him to drop the game winning pass in SB 46.

Hope he isn't out too long.

Thee Broncos defense is going to struggle which is why I don't get the preseason hype. Miller out for four games, no Dumerville, no Williams, champ isn't getting any younger (hope he is good to go. I hate seeing any player get hurt especially an all time great.) There defense needs a lot of help and Manning's arm strength does not appear to be back to pre injury levels as many in the media have claimed.

They were smacked around last night and the most glaring observation other than TO's was there ST's it killed them against the Ravens in the playoffs and it doesn't appear to be any better this year.

Honestly I'm not worried about covering welker. We just have to jam him hard at the line. More worried about Thomas. But if Manning's arm isn't strong enough. Then I won't worry about Thomas too.

Thee Broncos defense is going to struggle which is why I don't get the preseason hype. Miller out for four games, no Dumerville, no Williams, champ isn't getting any younger (hope he is good to go. I hate seeing any player get hurt especially an all time great.) There defense needs a lot of help and Manning's arm strength does not appear to be back to pre injury levels as many in the media have claimed.

They were smacked around last night and the most glaring observation other than TO's was there ST's it killed them against the Ravens in the playoffs and it doesn't appear to be any better this year.

Same reason the Colts had all the hype every season.

Good point.

Derek Wolfe is out, champ bailey is on crutches......

The other thing is that all this talk about Thomas, Welker, and Decker on the field at the same time may not happen that often. They started the game last night in a three wide set and Manning got creamed. They had to switch to a two TE set to leave an extra blocker or two to protect Manning.

One thing they have going for them is they still get away with the most blatant holding penalties I have ever seen. One of the Seahawks defenders had a clear shot at Manning and the Broncos' offensive lineman literally road his back the whole way in front of the ref with no call.

... No pass rush and second string corners..........

….and the 2011 Patriots still made the super bowl. Sorry…I had to go there.

….and the 2011 Patriots still made the super bowl. Sorry…I had to go there.

In a weak AFC, it could happen. I don't know if there is truly a great team in the AFC. But there are differences.

The Pats also had Brady and Welker in their primes (Welker is now 33 and Manning is 37), an elite TE in Gronk who broke records, and a stud #2 TE in Hernandez. I don't know if the Broncos' offense is as good as the Pats' 2012 offense.

Also, the Pats got lucky who they faced in 2011. They faced a horrible Broncos team and barely beat the Ravens. And you can argue that they should have lost that game.

I think the Broncos will win a weak AFC West. Once you are in the dance, anything can happen. I just don't buy that they are the odds on favorite in the AFC. I didn't think they were nearly as good as people made them out to be last year and just had a cupcake schedule.

I know that reaction to injuries on opposing teams is a delicate subject. The sportsman in most people usually results in posts which sort of go this way: I'm sorry anytime I see a player go down with an injury, even on a rival team.". Not me. I don't wish injury on anyone, but if it happens and isn't life-threatening, I'm not upset. In fact, I'm happy. If that injury makes a legitimate rival weaker, I'm pleased. No one who roots for any of our rivals ever has felt badly about Brady, Gronk, Welker or anyone else going down. Screw them.

RE: All of the injuries the Broncos suffered last night.

The Seahawks clearly came to play a very tough in-your-face brand of football while the Broncos looked like they were merely in evaluation mode. Seattle was energetic and physical while the atmosphere was loud and regular season like. That certainly had to factor into it.

I get what you are saying man... but really?!

Do you even understand the delicate sporting confluences of tempting fate, superstition and making karmic statements like that one??

Football Fan Rule number 3: You don't play I-told-you-so's with injuries.

Fortunately for us, there is no evidence of the manifestation of supernatural casuality in the physical world. Further, your argument is self-destructive in that it prevents us from updating our beliefs based on new evidence. There is reason to believe that neglecting persistent afflictions, injuries are largely probabilistic in nature. The corresponding expectation is that some "injury-prone" players will "surprisingly" remain healthy while some players believed to be non-injury-prone will "surpisingly" be injured. If we cannot self update based on new evidence ("don't play I-told-you-so"), then we cannot form an accurate belief on the subject of injuries in sports.

Fortunately for us, there is no evidence of the manifestation of supernatural casuality in the physical world. Further, your argument is self-destructive in that it prevents us from updating our beliefs based on new evidence. There is reason to believe that neglecting persistent afflictions, injuries are largely probabilistic in nature. The corresponding expectation is that some "injury-prone" players will "surprisingly" remain healthy while some players believed to be non-injury-prone will "surpisingly" be injured. If we cannot self update based on new evidence ("don't play I-told-you-so"), then we cannot form an accurate belief on the subject of injuries in sports.

not_sure_if_serious.jpg

One thing they have going for them is they still get away with the most blatant holding penalties I have ever seen. One of the Seahawks defenders had a clear shot at Manning and the Broncos' offensive lineman literally road his back the whole way in front of the ref with no call.

Did you expect anything less from a Manning-QB'ed team?

RE: All of the injuries the Broncos suffered last night.

The Seahawks clearly came to play a very tough in-your-face brand of football while the Broncos looked like they were merely in evaluation mode. Seattle was energetic and physical while the atmosphere was loud and regular season like. That certainly had to factor into it.

This is why I fear for Brady & Amendola at Detroit.

So let me get this straight....Kyle Arrington is going to cover Welker one on one and make him a non factor...or relatively "quiet"...is that what you are saying here? If so, your alarm clock must not have gone off yet and you're DREAMING!!!! :))

QUOTE=JMC00;3519721]I think Arrington is gonna surprise most people and keep Welker relatively quiet. When I say relatively I mean probably not a 10+ rec 100+ yard game

How do you think Arrington become a solid nickelback? It was covering Welker these past 4 years.[/QUOTE]

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back