PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker injured last night

moosekill

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Welker's injury wasn't obvious on the field Saturday evening, but it appears that the Denver Broncos' newest receiver suffered a sprained ankle in their game against the Seattle Seahawks.

Watched him play. Looked in top form and in sync with Peyton. Hope for a quick recovery.

Mods please block this thread from viewing by Ivan.

He'll still start week one. The Bailey injury would really be a blow to them especially if Miller's suspension is upheld. No pass rush and second string corners..........

Watched him play. Looked in top form and in sync with Peyton. Hope for a quick recovery.

Mods please block this thread from viewing by Ivan.
In all honesty, Welker didn't look like he missed a beat. Hopefully Arrington remembers a thing or two when he's covering him later in the season.

In all honesty, Welker didn't look like he missed a beat. Hopefully Arrington remembers a thing or two when he's covering him later in the season.

arrington covering welker....good god i don't want to see that :bricks:

Doesn't matter. We have Amen-effin-dola and will outscore them. :rocker:

Add DE Derek Wolfe to the Broncos injury list....his injury looks severe

Although covering Welker is a bear for any CB, Arrington is a solid nickleback. I would be more worried about him in a lot of ways if he was covering Thomas on the outside. Welker is probably his best match up although Welker can make almost any nickleback look foolish at least at times.

FWIW, Welker was spotted wearing a boot while leaving the stadium. Last time I saw a player in a boot, it was Edelman, and we all know how that one ended.

All I have to say is, thank god we're not playing the Hawks this year.

Don't have any to wear. Have a few signed ones on my walls in my Man Cave:

Brady - Silver (the home and away jerseys were going for a grand so I took the ugly color at a cheaper rate)
Bruschi - Home Blue
Gronk - Home Blue

I was considering in investing in a Chandler Jones signed one before the price skyrockets (I assume he will break out).

You must have made a wrong turn at the "jersey" thread. :rolleyes:

I think Arrington is gonna surprise most people and keep Welker relatively quiet. When I say relatively I mean probably not a 10+ rec 100+ yard game

How do you think Arrington become a solid nickelback? It was covering Welker these past 4 years.

FWIW, Welker was spotted wearing a boot while leaving the stadium. Last time I saw a player in a boot, it was Edelman, and we all know how that one ended.

I think it was Champ Bailey in the walking boot, not Welker.

I think it was Champ Bailey in the walking boot, not Welker.

Oops, you're right. I misread the piece on NFL.com

Thanks

The Pats won't try to stop Welker by telling Arrington to stop him by himself. They'll likely drop 7 or 8 into coverage, mix up who's double teamed and who's not on each play, and hope that Wilfork, Kelly, Jones, and Ninko can make Peyton uncomfortable enough on their own to keep the Broncos in the range of 20 points. They do that, and they win that game every time against that defense.

To me, the Seahawks, are the only legitimate NFC contender. All the other pre-season myopia by the "learned " analysts about the "powerful NFC" teams, is rapidly devolving into hot air.

The real powers other than the Seahawks, are in the AFC, in the Patriots, Texans, Bengals, Broncos, and maybe the retooling Ravens.

Amendola, made of glass, we should have kept the indestructible Wes Welker... Wait, what's that? Amendola is healthy and Welker is hurt?

Amendola, made of glass, we should have kept the indestructible Wes Welker... Wait, what's that? Amendola is healthy and Welker is hurt?

I get what you are saying man... but really?!

Do you even understand the delicate sporting confluences of tempting fate, superstition and making karmic statements like that one??

Football Fan Rule number 3: You don't play I-told-you-so's with injuries.

Yeah, I can't stand reading about these awful preseason injuries. I am just praying we can stay healthy the rest of the way. Preseason is like navigating a field of land mines.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back