PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker hired by Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patriots South 1.1 continues to incubate (I think the Falcons would be 1.0 maybe?).

Yep, good for Wes. I hated his guts with that hit on Talib, but I'm over it now...probably because I regard Talib as a schmuck now.

Patriots South 1.1 continues to incubate (I think the Falcons would be 1.0 maybe?).

Yep, good for Wes. I hated his guts with that hit on Talib, but I'm over it now...probably because I regard Talib as a schmuck now.

Kinda weird how Talib was kind of fragile in NE and then goes to Denver and he turns into a tough, durable player.

When I saw the headline I thought he was being brought in as a player, one concussion from...
Glad to see him on the sideline, I'm sure he'll be great & NE South.
Somehow I'm surprised Vrabel isn't coaching here.

didnt he went to TT(tx tech)? so hes coming home
He did go to Texas tech but Lubbock is on the other side of the state from Houston, a good 500+ miles away And he grew up in oklahoma

Kinda weird how Talib was kind of fragile in NE and then goes to Denver and he turns into a tough, durable player.

I think something was up with our team's conditioning program back then. Lot of injuries 2010-2013.

So now he's officially retired as a player. How long before he is added to the Pats HOF?

Hope this works out well for Wes, glad e is officially retired and not at risk for further concussions.

Hope that a job like this indicates no signs of early CTE problems. Best wishes to Wes!

Nice that he got a gig back in the league. I hope he enjoys it and sticks with it. Glad he gave up on playing too. Houston should be a strong contender in the AFCS for a lot of years. I eagerly await Mike Vrabel's arrival as DC when Patricia gets his HCing job in a few years.

Nice that he got a gig back in the league. I hope he enjoys it and sticks with it. Glad he gave up on playing too. Houston should be a strong contender in the AFCS for a lot of years. I eagerly await Mike Vrabel's arrival as DC when Patricia gets his HCing job in a few years.

Vrabel's name has already been making the rounds as a head coaching candidate and he just got promoted to DC for Houston so the chances of him coming to NE as a DC seems pretty slim. Unless he gets fired. :)

I think something was up with our team's conditioning program back then. Lot of injuries 2010-2013.
its probably why Moses Cabrera is the Strength and Conditioning coach now and not Harold Nash.

So now he's officially retired as a player. How long before he is added to the Pats HOF?
never if you ask some fans but I'd say within the next five years easily

Vrabel's name has already been making the rounds as a head coaching candidate and he just got promoted to DC for Houston so the chances of him coming to NE as a DC seems pretty slim. Unless he gets fired. :)
Romeo is still the DC of the Texans.

Not really. He was playing for a contract. He could have very easily come back into that game but didn't want to risk big money on his next deal by getting legitimately injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News