PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker, Hall of Famer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shalise had an interesting tweet last night. Turns out Welker is one 10+ catch game away from tying JERRY RICE for the most in an entire NFL career at 17... And Rice had a pretty damn long career with multiple HOF QB's... Smart money would bet on Welker breaking that record sometime this season, his 6th here.

He has no chance. He doesn't have the receptions, yards, and not even close for TD's.

Did you even bother to look at the statistics? Welker is on pace to pass Michael Irvin in receptions in two months.

Last edited:
Who would be the starting slot WR on an NFL All Time 3 WR Set? Welker. Moss out left, Rice wide right, and Wes in the slot.

Last edited:
I just saw on Sunday NFL Countdown that Welker will tie Jerry Rice for most 10+ catch games in NFL history next time he reaches that total. Right now Jerry leads at 17 with Welker on his heals at 16. Thought that was a pretty cool and impressive stat.

He absolutely is on pace to make the hall of fame.

I just saw on Sunday NFL Countdown that Welker will tie Jerry Rice for most 10+ catch games in NFL history next time he reaches that total. Right now Jerry leads at 17 with Welker on his heals at 16. Thought that was a pretty cool and impressive stat.

iirc theyre tied for most 10+ catch/100+ yd receiving games. believe its 15.

Quick-hit thoughts around NFL & Pats - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Did you know, Part II: Patriots receiver Wes Welker’s 16 career games with at least 10 receptions is tied with former Colts receiver Marvin Harrison for the second most of any player in NFL history. If he hits 10 today against the Jets, he’ll tie Jerry Rice (17) for the most 10-catch games. One more Welker note – today he aims to become just the fourth player in NFL history to record three straight 10-plus catch games.

Maybe this adds some perspective . . .

Here is the difference between the Pats and Saints. The Saints would keep passing Welker just to make him get the record. The pats just wants to win.

Here is the difference between the Pats and Saints. The Saints would keep passing Welker just to make him get the record. The pats just wants to win.

That's BS. The Pats went to Moss on two consecutive plays to get him the TD record in '07 and they went to Gronk late in a game that was already decided last season to get him the NFL record for yards for a TE. I know the Pats care about winning, but let's not start throwing things like this around. If Brady has a chance to break the record that Brees just broke, I'm sure BB will allow him to go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes