PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Were the Pats one draft slot away from picking Justin Jefferson?

Sounds like they were about to do that then lost him to Minny so traded down. I don’t remember seeing this video before…

Thanks for posting this, as heart wrenching as it is to watch.

Yes there were. As it’s a yearly thing, Jefferson was mocked to the Pats. Patrick Queen and Kenneth Murray were also mocked to the Pats.

Oh yeah…and look who was taken one pick before Jefferson. Jalen Reagor.

Last edited:
Could have taken Aiyuk or Higgins instead of trading out of the first round. Could have anticipated the Bills would trade out and traded up. It’s all conjecture at this point.

Nobody ever said they were going to pick Jefferson. At least not in this video

It doesn't say ANYTHING about them picking Jefferson. It SAYS Vikings took Jefferson and they were all in on the good ole' Trade Back.

I doubt wed have been smart enough to take jefferson. If they took a wr there it probably wouldve been lynn bowden jr

It sure seems that way. Those damn greedy Vikings look to have the best out of the 1st rounders this past year too with Addison.

I mean this was obvious. The Pats let a WR run happen in front of them and traded down as soon as Jefferson was traded. It was dumb that they didn't just make a move up

Sounds like they were about to do that then lost him to Minny so traded down. I don’t remember seeing this video before…

No

yep. if JJ was available we would have been like wow JJ is available, we should def take a WR. lets take Joe Reed bc he was roommates with a lacrosse player his freshman year and the UVA lacrosse program is pretty good

I mean this was obvious. The Pats let a WR run happen in front of them and traded down as soon as Jefferson was traded. It was dumb that they didn't just make a move up
sure, it is really easy to move up and trade for a WR when most of teams you would trade with wanted WR's. NOT

Nobody ever said they were going to pick Jefferson. At least not in this video
I mean it's possible that we had a deal with a team that wanted Jefferson and instead went with the Chargers who wanted Murray but other than something like that the video certainly seems like we didn't get what we wanted so we traded.

I suspect that posters would have wanted the highest WR on the board if we traded up, probably Reagor. And then, we would have blamed Belichick. We did very well with the trade down.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back