PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, ok ,so that was just a fun line to say.......but I must say that four games in this is certainly concerning.

Being 2-2 is not the ultimate concerning part, it's that the defense looks awful and had us so close to 1-3. With three of our first four at home this was supposed to be the easiest part of our schedule. The fact that we've lost two at home and were so close to losing all three is so crazy.

Fortunately the AFC East is bad enough where we still shouldn't have to sweat the division, but I'm in absolute shock at how difficult it has become for the Pats to win.

End rant

Ok, ok ,so that was just a fun line to say.......but I must say that four games in this is certainly concerning.

Being 2-2 is not the ultimate concerning part, it's that the defense looks awful and had us so close to 1-3. With three of our first four at home this was supposed to be the easiest part of our schedule. The fact that we've lost two at home and were so close to losing all three is so crazy.

Fortunately the AFC East is bad enough where we still shouldn't have to sweat the division, but I'm in absolute shock at how difficult it has become for the Pats to win.

End rant
What I find worrisome is that these struggles were evident in the preseason. I think they have good personnel, they are just trying hard to understand how all the pieces fit together. Same thing on the offensive side of the ball. I guess the best way to put it is, they don't have any real rythum, both sides. They will find their identity, but it is going to take a little while. They are going to have to grind a bit more than we are used to. But, it will be fun to watch as they get better, because they will.

What I find worrisome is that these struggles were evident in the preseason. I think they have good personnel, they are just trying hard to understand how all the pieces fit together. Same thing on the offensive side of the ball. I guess the best way to put it is, they don't have any real rythum, both sides. They will find their identity, but it is going to take a little while. They are going to have to grind a bit more than we are used to. But, it will be fun to watch as they get better, because they will.
The championship patriot teams went through adversity.
Struggling early in the season and underperforming is adversity and gives the team something to fight.

End rant
The AFC is holding their own. Those games may be close.

Many division games over the years have been close. The difference between winning and losing in the NFL is not that great. Our defense right now is significantly worse and that brings more games into being potential losses. Without Brady right now, we likely are not a .500 team if that.

I don't think people realize that with the exception of a couple of teams, every team in the nfl is pretty much on par with the others. There is a circle of life type thing happening where Team 1 beats team 2, and then team 2 beats team 3, and the team 3 beats team 1.

This is going to be a HARD year for a lot of fan bases.

I don't think people realize that with the exception of a couple of teams, every team in the nfl is pretty much on par with the others. There is a circle of life type thing happening where Team 1 beats team 2, and then team 2 beats team 3, and the team 3 beats team 1.

There are not many Bama-Vandy games in the NFL.

I know.....my brother and I were just realizing this as well.

After all, the Seahawks are 1-2 going into tonight, the Raiders are 2-2, the Cowboys 2-2.......it's just a weird year. I'm getting destroyed in my pick 'em league, and there's no spread.

I guess this "rhythm" issue is something none of us saw coming, but probably should have. The Patriots were so trade heavy this off-season and everyone was celebrating their status as the most talented team in the league (or roughly equivalent talent-wise to the Falcons).

What none of this analysis takes into account is that they lost a lot of role players who gave the Patriots that scrappy demeanor. Now, we've got guys who don't gel yet.

I'm seeing a 4-4 start and 9-7/10-6 finish with how we're going. And that may be enough to get it done in the division.

The championship patriot teams went through adversity.
Struggling early in the season and underperforming is adversity and gives the team something to fight.
Yeah, that's the ticket.

That was Then; This is Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case