PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wells Report on Dolphins locker room: Incognito, others in 'pattern of harrassment'

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT: Ted Wells report.. Not just Incognito who was bullying

Turns out that Mike Pouncey and John Jerry were also a part of it. Also turns out that the Phins O-line Coach KNEW about it and even participated on one occasion. Also turns out that it wasn't limited to just Martin, but another O-lineman AND an asst. trainer.

Dolphins are seriously screwed. Should be heavy fines/suspensions plus mandatory counseling.

Part of me says that the O-line coach should be fired immediately (if he hasn't been already). Part of me was going to say that he should be given a second chance, but certainly not after he approached Martin and tried to get him to speak on Incognito's behalf for leniency..

Welcome to being in a locker room 101. I played football in HS and in College and sexually explicit remarks about mothers and sisters is common place. Now we never got racial, I think that's a bit to far, but most of this stuff is status quo for any locker room in most sports.

I mean this line:

"unwelcome contact; jokes, comments and antics; generalizations and put-downs."

that is all pretty normal (well it was in the early 90s when I played) you just have to make sure you can give as good as you get. busting balls and ripping on each other was the norm mainly amongst the various groups at least it was for us as Running Backs.

Now did these guy know Martin had some mental issue or not? Im sure if you poll NFL players nobody would be shocked by any of this.

Now did these guy know Martin had some mental issue or not? Im sure if you poll NFL players nobody would be shocked by any of this.

I heard that they tried to get some info from Martins Gynecologist but there was the whole patient/doctor confidentiality.

Welcome to being in a locker room 101. I played football in HS and in College and sexually explicit remarks about mothers and sisters is common place. Now we never got racial, I think that's a bit to far, but most of this stuff is status quo for any locker room in most sports.

I mean this line:

"unwelcome contact; jokes, comments and antics; generalizations and put-downs."

that is all pretty normal (well it was in the early 90s when I played) you just have to make sure you can give as good as you get. busting balls and ripping on each other was the norm mainly amongst the various groups at least it was for us as Running Backs.

Welcome to Obama's America!

Well, his football career is probably over if he can't handle jokes, comments, generalizations, antics, and unwelcome contact.

85b.gif

I know, stuff like this used to be totally cool until we elected a black president.

Page 31
Specifically, on December 13, 2012, Incognito and a former Dolphins offensive lineman, who is white, communicated about purchasing guns, apparently for recreational purposes. (We identify this former Dolphin as Player B.) The discussion veered into jokes about shooting black people:

Player B: Especially if u plan living in Arizona in the future, that’s exactly what you want

Incognito: Yea. For picking off zombies

Player B: Lol isn’t that why we own any weapons!?

Incognito: That and black people

Player B: Mmm def all black ppl

Four days later, Incognito and Player B discussed rifle scopes in text messages.

Player B: Yes. That’s a solid optic made specifically for a .308 battle rifle

Incognito: Perfect for shooting black people

Player B: Lol exactly

Player B: Or Jeff Ireland

:confused:

Hardcore political correctness and the wussification of America were already well underway before Obama got elected into office.

As for Martin, he sounds very, very soft and should not be in a locker room. That was ball busting, plain and simple. If he hasn't began looking at other career options, he should start right about now.

I guess we should expect players to never mature beyond a high school level.

I know, stuff like this used to be totally cool until we elected a black president.

You are aware that basically every single black player in that locker room took Incognito's side over Martin, yes? He has a twisted sense of humor that's commonplace for a football locker room. So where the normal population's feminine sensibilities might be hurt over something like that, his teammates, sans Martin, seemed to take his sense of humor in stride.

:confused:

Hardcore political correctness and the wussification of America were already well underway before Obama got elected into office.

As for Martin, he sounds very, very soft and should not be in a locker room. That was ball busting, plain and simple. If he hasn't began looking at other career options, he should start right about now.

Is it wussification of America to consider making immature jokes about ones mother, family, or shooting black people out of bounds behavior?

I mean seriously? How old are these people?

Maybe if Miami players treated each other with respect, they would win more than 8 games and not fade at the end of the season.

Embarrasing to see the victim blaming goin on in this thread.

You are aware that basically every single black player in that locker room took Incognito's side over Martin, yes? He has a twisted sense of humor that's commonplace for a football locker room. So where the normal population's feminine sensibilities might be hurt over something like that, his teammates, sans Martin, seemed to take his sense of humor in stride.

Yeah man, it's totally cool to joke about shooting black people and *****ing Martin's sister. Pretty much all you said is that it's cool to have a toxic locker room. Leadership is about picking up your teammates rather than dividing the locker room and playing alpha-male to cover up your own insecurity.

People's defense of incognito is like a litmus test for terrible people.

Good locker rooms start with good room mates

delontemediaday.jpg

Yeah man, it's totally cool to joke about shooting black people and *****ing Martin's sister. Pretty much all you said is that it's cool to have a toxic locker room. Leadership is about picking up your teammates rather than dividing the locker room and playing alpha-male to cover up your own insecurity.

People's defense of incognito is like a litmus test for terrible people.

The fact that everyone was cool with Incognito's behavior means that the locker room wasn't toxic. It's actually a sign of closeness and trust when you can joke with people about what would normally be considered inappropriate, this is why guys refer to one another in derogatory terms when they're friends.

As far as dividing the locker room goes, the other players didn't have a problem with Martin, they treated him like they treated everyone else, he had the problem with them.

The fact that everyone was cool with Incognito's behavior means that the locker room wasn't toxic. It's actually a sign of closeness and trust when you can joke with people about what would normally be considered inappropriate, this is why guys refer to one another in derogatory terms when they're friends.

As far as dividing the locker room goes, the other players didn't have a problem with Martin, they treated him like they treated everyone else, he had the problem with them.

Exactly, ostracizing a teammate is totally cool.

The fact that everyone was cool with Incognito's behavior means that the locker room wasn't toxic.

Player C: You good bro?
Martin: Yeah bro. Thanks
Player C: **** those guys tho, you can kick it with the dline lol
Player C: Ritchie just suffers from lol **** syndrome so he tries to bring
people down
Martin: Lol preciate it
Martin: There’s more to it but thanks man sorry to worry all you guys
Player C: Fa sho but just prepare for hell
Martin: Yeah I know lol

Seems like D-Line knew about Richie's lol-d1ck syndrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back