PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Well we found out who the better team is in the east...

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The Bulls...C's could have used this one. They are so dam inconsistent..no way this type of play is going to cut it...they won't make it past Miami if they play like they have been..

I'm underwhelmed with this team. The killer instinct just doesn't look like it's there. Rondo is careless with the ball and seems to be playing Street Ball, Big Baby takes to many stupid shots, there's no consistent presence in the paint to pick up offensive rebounds, the defensive performance against good teams is topsy turvy and above all Doc sticks with Rondo even when he's playing crap and West is firing from the bench.

I'd really like to believe the Celtics can make a charmed run this playoff season but I'm not holding my breath.

Rondo wasn't the problem, Pierce and Allen disappeared, Pierce is a horrendous passer and nobody could hit shots. Big baby is playing out of position -- it has to affect him; players generally need to know their roles.

I think they're tired -- thus the poor shooting late in games.

If they can get everybody back and healthy and knock out their first opponent quick to get some rest, they should be OK. If they're not healthy they don't have a chance, and if they get extended early their chances are going to decrease significantly imo.

Rondo needs to be more aggressive. This halfcourt offense is so bad right now it makes me want to jump off a bridge. What happened to his penetration? Doc was telling him to be aggressive per the telecast, but it's not registering.

There are only two players on this team who can consistently and reliably create offense - Pierce and Rondo. KG is on the fringe of being a post-up option, but does most of his damage off of jumpers set up by those two to create him space.

When Rondo isn't creating, that leaves Pierce. That's too much a burden on the Captain.

It was interesting to hear Scal on 98.5 yesterday. He said that the Perkins trade changed the atmosphere in the Bulls locker room and led to their hot streak. When the trade went down, Rose and others realized they could beat the Celtics, and have their way in the lane. Scal said players on other teams have expressed the same thing.

That's great, Danny - you made a trade that let everyone else in the league believe we were much more beatable, and destroyed the chemistry of our team. Good work.

Last edited:
Rondo needs to be more aggressive. This halfcourt offense is so bad right now it makes me want to jump off a bridge. What happened to his penetration? Doc was telling him to be aggressive per the telecast, but it's not registering.

There are only two players on this team who can consistently and reliably create offense - Pierce and Rondo. KG is on the fringe of being a post-up option, but does most of his damage off of jumpers set up by those two to create him space.

When Rondo isn't creating, that leaves Pierce. That's too much a burden on the Captain.

It was interesting to hear Scal on 98.5 yesterday. He said that the Perkins trade changed the atmosphere in the Bulls locker room and led to their hot streak. When the trade went down, Rose and others realized they could beat the Celtics, and have their way in the lane. Scal said players on other teams have expressed the same thing.

That's great, Danny - you made a trade that let everyone else in the league believe we were much more beatable, and destroyed the chemistry of our team. Good work.

Didn't those teams realize that when we were without Perkins the first half of the year?

That Perkins deal is going to haunt them. They could be in their last run for a ring for a long time and you trade Perkins away....:bricks:

1 game a way last year from another ring....but with no Perkins they just couldn't do it

Last edited:
The Perkins trade was probably one of the worst trades in the last ten years in the NBA. Shaq's hurt and Jermaine O'Neal is as soft as cake and pretty much sucks all the way around... and with that in mind, you trade away your best and youngest center and leave the team having to rely on Big Baby in the paint? I saw the Bulls crashing the boards last night, giving the Celtics no chance whatsoever for second chance points. On the other end of the floor, the Bulls were having their way in the paint with the C's. Rose was penetrating your defense more easily than a black man penetrates Ava Devine. What the Celtics need is a Shaq who is healthy and is in basketball shape. Unfortunately, he's almost never healthy and is dragging 400 pounds up and down the court.

Just how far the Celtics have fallen since the trade will be decided on Sunday. If they can still beat the Heat, I think that they can make a surprise playoff run. If the Heat come in there and b!tchslap the Celltics while dominating the paint, the Celtics playoff run will be very short lived.

Just how far the Celtics have fallen since the trade will be decided on Sunday. If they can still beat the Heat, I think that they can make a surprise playoff run. If the Heat come in there and b!tchslap the Celltics while dominating the paint, the Celtics playoff run will be very short lived.

I am not worried about the Heat. C's have their number. Heat have no real big men. Bulls on the other hand have Noah and Boozer with is a matchup nightmare. I am not worried about the Heat matchup at all.

Didn't those teams realize that when we were without Perkins the first half of the year?

Obviously they realized Perk was coming back in time for the stretch run and the playoffs. Not to mention we had Shaq playing well and healthy back then. Which, it seems, will not be the case again.

Ainge traded a young starting caliber C - which is one of the biggest commodities in the league. In return, he got a backup wing player, which has one of the biggest surpluses of any position in the league.

Rondo wasn't the problem, Pierce and Allen disappeared, Pierce is a horrendous passer and nobody could hit shots. Big baby is playing out of position -- it has to affect him; players generally need to know their roles.

I think they're tired -- thus the poor shooting late in games.

If they can get everybody back and healthy and knock out their first opponent quick to get some rest, they should be OK. If they're not healthy they don't have a chance, and if they get extended early their chances are going to decrease significantly imo.
Rondo isn't the problem? Are you being facetious or have you not watched the Celtics games of late? He's been a massive problem with his ball distribution and he's been careless with the ball trying a whole host of ridiculous plays. Pierce has basically carried the team this past week or so.

They're old, they're tired and they're not playing championship calibre basketball at the moment. It doesn't augur well for the playoffs but after last season, who knows with the Celtics.

Last edited:
Look what happened last year..limped into playoffs not doing well and bam..finals...maybe it will happen again..who knows

I am not worried about the Heat. C's have their number. Heat have no real big men. Bulls on the other hand have Noah and Boozer with is a matchup nightmare. I am not worried about the Heat matchup at all.

The Heat have two seven footers and are one of the better teams in the league when it comes to getting rebounds as a team. The C's, as of right now, have no real big man. If it's Big Baby or Jermaine O'Neal vs. Ilgauskas or Dampier, I'd take what the Heat have every time, and twice on Sundays.

Obviously they realized Perk was coming back in time for the stretch run and the playoffs. Not to mention we had Shaq playing well and healthy back then. Which, it seems, will not be the case again.

Ainge traded a young starting caliber C - which is one of the biggest commodities in the league. In return, he got a backup wing player, which has one of the biggest surpluses of any position in the league.

And if Shaq does come back the Celts could be fine again. Perkins was no sure thing coming back from his knee injury, either, and clearly Ainge was betting on the healthy return of 1 if not both O'Neals.

and btw he didn't just get Green in return -- he got Green and Krstic

Rondo isn't the problem? Are you being facetious or have you not watched the Celtics games of late? He's been a massive problem with his ball distribution and he's been careless with the ball trying a whole host of ridiculous plays. Pierce has basically carried the team this past week or so....

I was referring to the 1 game. But it's ridiculous to lay all the team's problems at rondo's feet. The Bulls loss was cemented when Pierce made 2 consecutive passes by Pierce that were stolen -- he was horrible against the Bulls.

"Massive problem with his ball distribution" What does that even mean?

Carelessness and ridiculous plays? Like it or not, flashy plays are part of Rondo's game. But he's averaged 3.5 TOs this year, and 3 last year. Over the past 10 games that avg has been 2.8

Rondo had a bad stretch about a month ago. But trying to blame 1 player for the team's recent woes is absurd.

If it's Big Baby or Jermaine O'Neal vs. Ilgauskas or Dampier, I'd take what the Heat have every time, and twice on Sundays.

Dampier: 2.5 PPG 3.5 RPG 0.9 BLK PG
Ilgauskas: 4.9 PPG 4.0RPG 0.8 BLK PG

vs

Big Baby: 11.6 PPG 5.4 RPG 0.4 BLK PG
Jermain: 5.2PPG 3.4 RPG 1.1BLK PG

Dampier sucks BTW

So those 2 from Miami average 8 PPG with 8 RPG..Those two from Boston have 17 PPG and 8 RPG...Ill take 17 PPG all day

Last edited:
I was referring to the 1 game. But it's ridiculous to lay all the team's problems at rondo's feet. The Bulls loss was cemented when Pierce made 2 consecutive passes by Pierce that were stolen -- he was horrible against the Bulls.

"Massive problem with his ball distribution" What does that even mean?

Carelessness and ridiculous plays? Like it or not, flashy plays are part of Rondo's game. But he's averaged 3.5 TOs this year, and 3 last year. Over the past 10 games that avg has been 2.8

Rondo had a bad stretch about a month ago. But trying to blame 1 player for the team's recent woes is absurd.
You clearly can't be bothered reading posts and will be treated accordingly moving forward in this thread.

You clearly can't be bothered reading posts and will be treated accordingly moving forward in this thread.

Right... I responded to several points within your post, but don't let facts get in your way. :rolleyes:

Right... I responded to several points within your post, but don't let facts get in your way. :rolleyes:
If you'd bother to read the post then you would have seen it was a comment about the Celtics themselves where you decided to misrepresent a point of view and single in on Rajon Rondo's declining level of play even though other areas have been commented on.

Don't blame me for your inability to understand simple concepts.

If you'd bother to read the post then you would have seen it was a comment about the Celtics themselves where you decided to misrepresent a point of view and single in on Rajon Rondo's declining level of play even though other areas have been commented on.

Don't blame me for your inability to understand simple concepts.

Too funny, you're trying to get on the high horse when you clearly need to read what you wrote.

You addressed both. Here's a hint to that effect: "Rondo isn't the problem? Are you being facetious or have you not watched the Celtics games of late?..."

If you weren't blaming Rondo, maybe you shouldn't have described him as "the problem."

Regarding what you said about the team, I had already said the same thing, so why would I comment on it?

Too funny, you're trying to get on the high horse when you clearly need to read what you wrote.

You addressed both. Here's a hint to that effect: "Rondo isn't the problem? Are you being facetious or have you not watched the Celtics games of late?..."

If you weren't blaming Rondo, maybe you shouldn't have described him as "the problem."

Regarding what you said about the team, I had already said the same thing, so why would I comment on it?
I'd like you to supply the comment where I specifically said Rondo is the problem. Here's a hint, I didn't. His sporadic play has matched that of the Celtics and his ball distribution (which is the primary role of the PG, you know passing and putting players in positions to score) and running of the offense has been problematic along with other issues were raised.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back