PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker vs. Branch (My 1st thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can have Meion Branch and Terry Glenn.

A note to Remix and Aqua: You guys are clueless.

So that means that Ginn is 2 1/2 times the receiver Branch is, according to your math.

I guess you forgot when you called Welker "speedy" and said he was part of a "murderer's row" on Miami's offense.

Welker was awesome before the trade, and now he sucks. I swear, it's like he dumped you and you're going around telling everyone that he has herpes so he won't end up with anyone else.

Well if he does, he got them from Michael Vick.:eek:

But back on to Welker topic, From what I have seen of Welker, change of direction easily goes to him. He zigs and zags through the field like a water-bug. Much better than Branch.

Erdoboy

My god. I wouldn't be calling him bitter. You seem much more bitter. You still can't seem to swallow the fact that Branch is gone or the fact that he isn't even a great reciever. You make him out to be a pro bowler when he isnt anywhere near that caliber of a player.

Yeah I'd take Branch over Welker if I had the choice but that doesnt mean Branch is amazing.

im not bitter. yeah i loved Deion like many USED TO but i accept that he left and im still ticked off at him that he forced us into that situation. hes not a GREAT WR. Hes a very good one. Hes a borderline pro bowler but all that aside, he was what we needed. him and Brady had been great together. we didnt need Branch to get 1000 yards. He played big in big games..he did very good in regular season.

im not defending Branch or bashing Welker. Reality..Branch was just better overall player than Welker. Welker is a slot. Deion played outside. i dont see how Welker is better by any means. Yes it ended in a bad way for fans, organization and Deion is probably still pissed/saddened that he had to leave but what he did for us.

if u had to choose 1 player. No Contracts. You would take Welker? Both are good players but what Brady-Branch had was special and i dont even think Randy Moss can come in and build what Brady-Branch had through the SBs. Yes he will put up big stats but game is more than that.

again..i already accepted that Deion is back. If u asked me would u want Moss or Branch..i would probably go with Moss if he can stay straight with his attitude and be the player he was. Talent is 1 thing. If u asked me if i would rather have Javon Walker or Branch..i would go with Walker. ..again..Talent. If you ask me who i would want between Welker and Branch..i would say Branch. More talent and noway to really argue when we've seen the communication and "knowing each other" between Brady and Branch.

you saw preseason 1. Welker did not get deep enough on 1 play. Could be miscommunication or Welker just ran the route a little short. It takes years to build what Brady-Branch had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back