PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker vs. Branch (My 1st thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Branch is so obviously the superior player in basically every category that I'm surprised this thread exists.

Where have you been you DB. I've been waiting for you to make an apperance and say something entertaining.

The fact that you guys can even begin to compare Branch to Welker shows how much you all love that red and blue kool-aid. Just ridiculous.

Fixit said:
So that means that Ginn is 2 1/2 times the receiver Branch is, according to your math.

I guess you forgot when you called Welker "speedy" and said he was part of a "murderer's row" on Miami's offense.

Welker was awesome before the trade, and now he sucks. I swear, it's like he dumped you and you're going around telling everyone that he has herpes so he won't end up with anyone else.

I don't know how Ginn will end up in the NFL but I do know I would defintely take him over Wes Welker. Welker is good for some 5 yard gains, pretty good hands, and he's an over achiever. But he doesn't put points on the board, he has no explosiveness and is just an average guy out there.

Deion Branch has proven he can be a game changer in the past. He was lights out in a Super Bowl game and was pretty damn good for the Pats for those years he was there.

The words Welker said after his departure tell me he's a little coward just like Nick Saban. He couldn't say what he truly felt in front of the likes of Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas. Instead, he waited till he was long gone out of town to open his little mouth. I can't wait till he comes over the middle against Taylor, Thomas, Crowder and Porter. That is, even if Brady can get a pass off. Who knows, maybe he'll surpass 100 yards this time around.

Branch is twice the receiver as Welker, no question about it.

Wes is a gamer. I'll take his receptions and return game over Branch any day. He's more valuable and versitile than Branch, with a cheaper price tag.

On a side note I'd take him over Booker, Chambers and Ginn too. Hope Samson Satele becomes a solid back-up for ya. Thanks.

Wes is a gamer. I'll take his receptions and return game over Branch any day. He's more valuable and versitile than Branch, with a cheaper price tag.

On a side note I'd take him over Booker, Chambers and Ginn too. Hope Samson Satele becomes a solid back-up for ya. Thanks.

your such a homer man. Branch over Welker anyday

what versatility? that he can return as well? so can Deion..we just stopped putting him in after his rookie year..and even then his #s were better than Welkers

heres another stat: Deion 2 fumbles in 5 years
Welker..12 in 3 years

cheaper price tag. yes. better? no

your such a homer man. Branch over Welker anyday

what versatility? that he can return as well? so can Deion..we just stopped putting him in after his rookie year..and even then his #s were better than Welkers

heres another stat: Deion 2 fumbles in 5 years
Welker..12 in 3 years

cheaper price tag. yes. better? no

And who's more brittle? Better talent vs. better production is an easy case to make. Hassellbeck is an injury risk also.

What will Branch's #'s look like with Seneca Wallace under center? Probably won't matter 'cause Branch will get hurt at some point.

Welker has him by a mile on toughness.

Well then I would say that's the reason you aren't an executive for an NFL franchise. Welker over Chambers and Booker? Let me just laugh at that for a minute.......okay, you're not smart.

Nice jab at Satele there. Another piece of proof you don't know what you're talking about. All I've herd from him is that he is going to be the anchor on our line for a long time. Good ridance, moron.

Well then I would say that's the reason you aren't an executive for an NFL franchise. Welker over Chambers and Booker? Let me just laugh at that for a minute.......okay, you're not smart.

Nice jab at Satele there. Another piece of proof you don't know what you're talking about. All I've herd from him is that he is going to be the anchor on our line for a long time. Good ridance, moron.

God, I love pissing Dolphin fans off. Have fun watching Green get murdered behind a line "anchored" by Satele.

Then we get to watch Lemon and/or Beck crash and burn on their way to a stellar 3-13 season. Don't worry, though. You guys get Oak, Hou and Clev in consecutive weeks. You can count on 1 maybe 2 wins in that stretch.

Do you know why you're not a football exec? It's because you're sitting in front of you're computer debating someone that's obviously trying to antagonize you.

Exactly how many decisions have you made regarding Dolphin personel? I guess it doesn't matter because you couldn't be any dumber than anyone in Miami's FO.

Letting Welker go was yet another in along line of bad moves by Dolphins management. Are you one of the ******s running this team? You talk like you are.

Last edited:
And who's more brittle? Better talent vs. better production is an easy case to make. Hassellbeck is an injury risk also.

What will Branch's #'s look like with Seneca Wallace under center? Probably won't matter 'cause Branch will get hurt at some point.

Welker has him by a mile on toughness.

getting hurt has nothing to do with toughness

its not like they are getting a little bruise and they cry about it

torn ACL..broken leg. that requires toughness? what are u gonna do. i guess Rodney aint tough. cant battle injuries hmm

production? Branch has accomplished much more than Welker. Coming into a new offense right before season..he gets more yards/more TDs and more big plays. less catches but a much better YPC avg.

also he played 4 games without Matt..and he still got just as much yards as Caldwell and more than Welker

injuries are bad luck. Deion has played more snaps than Welker..so his chances of getting hurt were higher
80 games in NFL. 67 hes played in.

Last edited:
getting hurt has nothing to do with toughness

its not like they are getting a little bruise and they cry about it

torn ACL..broken leg. that requires toughness? what are u gonna do. i guess Rodney aint tough. cant battle injuries hmm

production? Branch has accomplished much more than Welker. Coming into a new offense right before season..he gets more yards/more TDs and more big plays. less catches but a much better YPC avg.

also he played 4 games without Matt..and he still got just as much yards as Caldwell and more than Welker

injuries are bad luck. Deion has played more snaps than Welker..so his chances of getting hurt were higher
80 games in NFL. 67 hes played in.

Welker gained 2129 yards last year (687 Rec, 1064 KR, 378 PR) in 16 games.

Branch gained 755 yards (725 Rec, 30 Rush) in 14 games.

Who was more valuable?

Well at the moment I would take welker, I would rather have the cap for other signings to make the team better as a whole, no need to overpay someone.

For the same price I would take branch over welker though.

Well at the moment I would take welker, I would rather have the cap for other signings to make the team better as a whole, no need to overpay someone.

For the same price I would take branch over welker though.

6-7 years ago I said the same things about Terry Glenn and Troy Brown.

God, I love pissing Dolphin fans off. Have fun watching Green get murdered behind a line "anchored" by Satele.

Then we get to watch Lemon and/or Beck crash and burn on their way to a stellar 3-13 season. Don't worry, though. You guys get Oak, Hou and Clev in consecutive weeks. You can count on 1 maybe 2 wins in that stretch.

Do you know why you're not a football exec? It's because you're sitting in front of you're computer debating someone that's obviously trying to antagonize you.

Exactly how many decisions have you made regarding Dolphin personel? I guess it doesn't matter because you couldn't be any dumber than anyone in Miami's FO.

Letting Welker go was yet another in along line of bad moves by Dolphins management. Are you one of the ******s running this team? You talk like you are.

Good point, no need to talk football with someone who has no clue about the subject.

Welker gained 2129 yards last year (687 Rec, 1064 KR, 378 PR) in 16 games.

Branch gained 755 yards (725 Rec, 30 Rush) in 14 games.

Who was more valuable?

Marvin Harrison only gained 1366 yards. 763 yards less than welker. whos better or more valuable?

stats dont mean ****. im pretty sure Deion can be a better returnman than Welker. ..but u dont put star players there when u use them heavily as it is. why doesnt LT or Terrell Owens return kicks? too good of players..too valuable to their team.

Welker hasnt even crossed 23.5 yards per return and has 2 career TDs.
..no way is he better than Deion stats or no stats

Marvin Harrison only gained 1366 yards. 763 yards less than welker. whos better or more valuable?

stats dont mean ****. im pretty sure Deion can be a better returnman than Welker. ..but u dont put star players there when u use them heavily as it is. why doesnt LT or Terrell Owens return kicks? too good of players..too valuable to their team.

Welker hasnt even crossed 23.5 yards per return and has 2 career TDs.
..no way is he better than Deion stats or no stats

I can't believe he used return yards to compare the 2. :rofl; What a moron.

You're exactly right, Deion is the far supperior player to Welker.

Re: Welker vs Branch (1st Thread)

I say Branch takes Welker in all categories except perhaps "Toughness". Branch is a proven commodity, IMHO, as a receiver and Welker is not. Even up I'd take Branch over Welker.

So Branch who entered the league the same year as Stallworth and has actually missed one more game than Stallworth (Branch has missed 13 games, while Stallworth has missed 12) was durable...

I'll take Branch when it comes to speed, and quickness (closer than you'd think), but I'll take Welker's toughness, and durability. Now here's the important question, can Welker find the holes in zone defenses like Branch?

Last edited:
Re: Welker vs Branch (1st Thread)

For me the comparison is much easier to make between Brown and Welker. Branch and Welker are far less similar.

They were used differently... Troy was playing Welker's slot spot - but they are not as dissimilar as people tend to think.

Branch lined up outside but had plenty of slants - and truly was never a deep threat. So you can't just say - well Branch lined up outside and was our #1 WR and therefore they play different positions and can't be compared.

Branch was probably better suited for Welker's role - especially if we had signed Derrick Mason as BB attempted.

I can't believe he used return yards to compare the 2. :rofl; What a moron.

You're exactly right, Deion is the far supperior player to Welker.

Yes, return yards. You have to be fast, shifty and just a little bit crazy to return kicks. Same thing with coverage guys. Talk about putting your body on the line. It's laughable how you mock ST's like it has no effect on the game.

Theres a big difference between a 1st at the 20 and a 1st at the 30-35.

I'll give you this:

Branch is the better WIDE RECEIVER.

Welker is the better FOOTBALL PLAYER.

I know which guy I'd rather have. They're the kind that help you win Superbowls. Ted Ginger we'll be an injury prone replacement for Wes and when he inevitably goes down, you'll have to use starters in his place. They'll make him a permanent WR half-way through the season to protect him. Good luck with that.

You're best comeback so far has been to call me a moron. Only a moron would discount special teams as a factor.

Yes, return yards. You have to be fast, shifty and just a little bit crazy to return kicks. Same thing with coverage guys. Talk about putting your body on the line. It's laughable how you mock ST's like it has no effect on the game.

Theres a big difference between a 1st at the 20 and a 1st at the 30-35.

I'll give you this:

Branch is the better WIDE RECEIVER.

Welker is the better FOOTBALL PLAYER.

I know which guy I'd rather have. They're the kind that help you win Superbowls. Ted Ginger we'll be an injury prone replacement for Wes and when he inevitably goes down, you'll have to use starters in his place. They'll make him a permanent WR half-way through the season to protect him. Good luck with that.

You're best comeback so far has been to call me a moron. Only a moron would discount special teams as a factor.

fast? shifty? Welker is shifty but not fast. and getting ball at the 30-35? thats only if the kicker is kicking to the 10 because welker's 22 YPR is nothing flashy. blame it on blocking but our own guys destroyed his #s (Maroney, Hobbs)

do u not remember that Deion used to return a little bit too? i guess Welker is a better football player than Anquan Boldin, TO, Steve Smtih..****. just about any pro bowler because they dont return kicks.

returning kicks can be done by many. getting 22 yards can be done by MANY. hes nothing great as a returnman and just because hes capable of being a returnman..doesnt mean hes a better football player.

your still bitter about Branch leaving and now your in denial. he was there for the SB..he was the SB MVP..hes consistently dominated playoff games. hes a huge reason we won

Last edited:
fast? shifty? Welker is shifty but not fast. and getting ball at the 30-35? thats only if the kicker is kicking to the 10 because welker's 22 YPR is nothing flashy. blame it on blocking but our own guys destroyed his #s (Maroney, Hobbs)

do u not remember that Deion used to return a little bit too? i guess Welker is a better football player than Anquan Boldin, TO, Steve Smtih..****. just about any pro bowler because they dont return kicks.

returning kicks can be done by many. getting 22 yards can be done by MANY. hes nothing great as a returnman and just because hes capable of being a returnman..doesnt mean hes a better football player.

your still bitter about Branch leaving and now your in denial. he was there for the SB..he was the SB MVP..hes consistently dominated playoff games. hes a huge reason we won

Yeah, you're right. It was all Branch, forget about Brown. Welker's a scrub just like him, right. ST's are unimportant.

Call me homer all you want.

You root for you're guy and I'll root for mine. My guy's a Troy Brown clone. You're guys a Terry Glenn clone.

You rock on with that.

My god. I wouldn't be calling him bitter. You seem much more bitter. You still can't seem to swallow the fact that Branch is gone or the fact that he isn't even a great reciever. You make him out to be a pro bowler when he isnt anywhere near that caliber of a player.

Yeah I'd take Branch over Welker if I had the choice but that doesnt mean Branch is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes