PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome To The Pats N'Keal Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you need to do is pay James White to say how awesome you are and you will attain Mt Rushmore status on Patsfans

:p
But my friend

I already am now.

Dont @ me

Very exciting pick; size, speed, hands, physicality... should be fun. Welcome to New England N'Keal

harry.0.gif

BrownPortlyHornbill-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Love the potential.

Big, physical, catches the ball in traffic, competitive.

Kinda reminds me of Anquan Boldin who was crazy competitive.

Harry looks like he's faster and has better vertical than Boldin . But the physical and compete level is similar.

Anquan was a 3rd down converter machine.

Looking forward to him getting chemistry with Brady.

EDIT: looking at some of his highlights, he's got a bit of Gronk in him after the catch!

So basically we have a big body with speed who can make contested catches.

I don't want to immediately hang Gronk on this kid, but we just lost our primary receiver who posed this kind of threat, so it's nice to see this skillset make it back into the roster. Takes some pressure off the TE position.

Everybody who said "I don't want another Chad Jackson" just got your wish. They drafted the guy most likely to get on the same page as Tom Brady.

As ALWAYS, when then Patriots go into a draft with a gaping hole in their lineup, they move aggressively to fill it. Having failed to pick up a major veteran WR, they needed a guy who they could count on early, a bust-proof contributor. That means grasping the offense, fast. We've seen guys like Jackson fail with all the athletic talent in the world. We've seen veterans who were stars elsewhere bust here. It's all about learning to be where Tom wants you to be.

In the lead-up to the draft, story after story raved about Harry's work ethic, competitiveness, and above all football smarts. Tons of reports of how he was blowing teams away in interviews and whiteboard sessions, dissecting plays and situations far better than any other receiver. Remember how Belichick always called Randy Moss the smartest receiver he ever coached? There are no guarantees, but this pick sure makes sense to me.

Oh, and everybody who said "Why can't they draft receivers the way the Steelers do" just got their wish too. College production FTW.

One of the best parts of the draft is seeing this. How can you not be happy for the player, family, friends and then his mom. This is so much more meaningful than the Roger hug.

Everybody who said "I don't want another Chad Jackson" just got your wish. They drafted the guy most likely to get on the same page as Tom Brady.

As ALWAYS, when then Patriots go into a draft with a gaping hole in their lineup, they move aggressively to fill it. Having failed to pick up a major veteran WR, they needed a guy who they could count on early, a bust-proof contributor. That means grasping the offense, fast. We've seen guys like Jackson fail with all the athletic talent in the world. We've seen veterans who were stars elsewhere bust here. It's all about learning to be where Tom wants you to be.

In the lead-up to the draft, story after story raved about Harry's work ethic, competitiveness, and above all football smarts. Tons of reports of how he was blowing teams away in interviews and whiteboard sessions, dissecting plays and situations far better than any other receiver. Remember how Belichick always called Randy Moss the smartest receiver he ever coached? There are no guarantees, but this pick sure makes sense to me.

Oh, and everybody who said "Why can't they draft receivers the way the Steelers do" just got their wish too. College production FTW.
Still burns me up that CJ busted... every once in a while he'll pop into my head and I'll just shake it thinking what could have been.. ugh

One of the best parts of the draft is seeing this. How can you not be happy for the player, family, friends and then his mom. This is so much more meaningful than the Roger hug.

First thing he does after he gets off the phone is share an emotional hug with his mom. Liking what I'm seeing from this young man a lot.

This guys a monster. He reminds me of a Beckham like receiver. He’s bigger than Beckham though and seems to be able to get very contested catches. Weather that translates to nfl play? Couldn’t say but I hope so. Gordon on one side, this guy on the other with Edelman in the slot would be a nightmare. Sony Michel in the back field.

Does anyone know why when you try to post gifs, it's hit or miss? Whenever I try, some gifs will work fine in the edit box, but you hit save and then they stop working? Always wondered that

Still burns me up that CJ busted... every once in a while he'll pop into my head and I'll just shake it thinking what could have been.. ugh
Get rid of Wayne and put Orr up there and it would be accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes