PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome to The Patriots Newton!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm here for the blowhards who said this would never happen.

Well, the money was right after all. This was the condition I would have been okay with him signing under, so I'm okay with it.

Might hurt our draft position, but I'm okay with the season being slightly more fun to watch.

He could also very well just not win the job.

I think a factor in the team's interest in him has to be his success against us. He might not have shined brightest in the biggest games, but he sure made our defense look silly in the regular season twice.

Can you imagine what Josh is thinking right now? The play designs? It is like Christmas and Thanksgiving everyday for him now during this pandemic.

Does this man know football or does this man know football? Rodney Harrison.

Agree entirely with Rodney.

I think Cam can be a great backup and possibly win a ring if Stidham is a stud and the defense is similar to 2019. Cam has played the system, he could play tomorrow.

Good news: We are getting a QB with a chip on his shoulder. If Cam is our starter, maybe Bill doesn't think Stid is ready?
IMO it’s not in Bill’s nature to hand the starting gig over to a second year QB who has never done anything in the league yet. Only makes sense to me that he would want to create a real, serious competition. In the same vein he is not going to hand the job over to Cam either. Both guys (and uh, I guess Hoyer) will fight for the job.

Agree entirely with Rodney.

I think Cam can be a great backup and possibly win a ring if Stidham is a stud and the defense is similar to 2019. Cam has played the system, he could play tomorrow.

Haha Cam is not going to be a backup lol. He's gonna get cut/asked for his release if he doesn't win the starting job

Refer to 0:27 & 1:23 for a glimpse of a potential playbook with Mcdaniels & Newton (I forget if we’re allowed to post youtube links).

Hide the women and children. Pats-Bucs Super Bowl is coming. Prepare yourselves.

Mike Lombardi has consistently said that this should not be ruled out on his podcast over the past six weeks or so and that he could play for Bill. It is clear where that was coming from now.

I’ve always been a fan of Cam so I’m in the minority on this one. When he was healthy, his ability to run as a qb made him elite.

I expected the pats to run the ball a lot more this year with Stidham under center. If Cam is under center the threat of him running will really help the rbs. I’m excited to see the creative ways McDaniels can utilize a mobile qb.

Hard to understand why all the negativity here.
He will likely have to win the job fair and square in training camp...and if he beats out Stidham and Hoyer, what is the problem with giving him a shot on a 1 year deal. They were not going to win the Super Bowl this year.

If Stidham can not beat out Cam, he either is probably not that good or could use another year learning.

Also come on, he agreed to come for the veteran minimum for 1 year, its no risk with all upside.

I do assume Hoyer is pissed as hell though
I understand your « nothing to lose » / no risk take. I just don’t think Cam has anything to offer. Unless you include drama & selfishness.

I’ll root for his success, while expecting failure.

Funny that Stidham and Newton are both former Auburn starting QBs. Newton more prolific there of course.

Given how he's hurt every couple of plays it seems these days..Stidham will be starting more games than Newton this year

But for 1.4 base. Will light a fire under Stidham in TC and help him in the long run so win win

Well Newton does play well against the Pats. I always thought Newton needed better coaching - may be late in his career now. He did mesh well with McCaffrey in the passing game, so that will help in NE. Never had great receivers in Carolina, but likes using the TE. For the money - why not?

I'm here for the blowhards who said this would never happen.

Well I'm definitely one of the blowhards. But now that he's a part of the team ....... Lets Goooooooo. haha

Given how he's hurt every couple of plays it seems these days..Stidham will be starting more games than Newton this year

But for 1.4 base. Will light a fire under Stidham in TC and help him in the long run so win win
Cam will have a fire lit under him too. He has something to prove as a former MVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down