PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OT out of Michigan.

Dan Brugler had this to say:

6'6 - 325 lbs - 34 1/8" arms - 10 " hands - 79 7/8" wing

Bench - 18
Shuttle: 4.9
3 Cone: 7.94

"STRENGTHS: Large, barrel-chested blocker and checks boxes for length and hand size ... physical hands to snatch and dictate the action with his grip strength ... his
punch is stiff and direct ... adequate body control in pass protection to stay square and work himself into position ... good head on his shoulders and rarely fooled by
stunts/twists ... understands angles in the run game ... drives with his legs to create a surge and get defenders moving ... his coaches call him “one of the smartest
football guys” in the program ... grew into a leadership role and filled whatever role the coaches asked of him ... played both tackle and guard in college and also took
snaps at center during Senior Bowl practices.
WEAKNESSES: Below average agility and his range can be exposed vs. edge speed or quick-twitch penetrators ... will try to get a head start and mistime the snap (four false start penalties in 2021) ... lacks the fluidity to easily recover when his feet are late matching his upper body ... inconsistent at the second level ... bad habit of
allowing his hands to get wide, leaving him hugging and falling off blocks ... inconsistent pad level in the run game, negating his ability to leverage and sustain the
point of attack ... suffered a torn ACL during preseason practices (August 2019) and missed the 2019 season.
SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Michigan, Stueber played primarily at right tackle in former offensive coordinator Josh Gattis’ power-spread scheme. After sitting
out the 2019 season with an ACL tear, he broke into the starting lineup and started all 20 games for the Wolverines the last two seasons, playing his best football as a
senior. Stueber is assignment sound in pass protection with the hands and response time to combat what rushers throw at him. He is a functional run blocker and
creates movement on down blocks, but he has some stiffness in his lower body and must improve his pad level to create movement.

Overall, Stueber has NFL size, length and smarts, but he doesn’t have the athleticism to hold up at tackle and needs to improve his balance and sustain skills to earn a living at guard. He has the potential to be a dependable backup who can step in and hold his own if asked to pinch-hit as a starting guard. "

With this selection , I think Michigan tied or overtook BC as the school from which the Pats have drafted most.

With this selection , I think Michigan tied or overtook BC as the school from which the Pats have drafted most.
And we took an offensive guy which worked in our favor whereas taking a Michigan defender hasn’t. (Unless we’re going back to Ty Law)

Now hear me out...Here is how our oline should look:

LT: Brown
LG: Strange
C: Andrews
RG: Onwenu
RT: Stueber

Trade Wynn, save 10 mil in cap to sign our draft picks!

Might be that line w Wynn at LT. Brown had a hard time getting on the field for a while and I suspect that is worth watching.

Darien Football is a killer high school program.

Over the course of 14 games, Stueber played 927 snaps, and graded out exceptionally well as a pass-blocker. In 405 pass-blocking snaps, Stueber surrendered one sack (against Georgia) and just 11 overall quarterback pressures. He was also seen as a leader and top run-blocker on the offensive line that won the Joe Moore Award for the nation's best offensive line.

Bring back Dante and the OL will be the Iron Curtain!

I wouldn't rule it out completely, but this implies we'd be shipping Wynn out prior to camp. It's a real gamble assuming that Brown stays healthy all year and Stueber is plug and play at RT on day 1.

I wouldn't rule it out completely, but this implies we'd be shipping Wynn out prior to camp. It's a real gamble assuming that Brown stays healthy all year and Stueber is plug and play at RT on day 1.

Not too sure about that statement. Remember in early 2021 season, the OL line was getting decimated with injuries. Better to keep a few OL folks around. Have to keep MacJ safe.

18 on the BP?! Get his ass in the weight room, now!
I agree.

Michigan State’s AJ Arcuri, a 6’7” LT with even slightly longer arms, 34 1/4” vs. Steuber’s 34 1/8”, did 27 bench presses at the MSU pro day.

Arcuri also had an impressive vertical. Steuber’s is pathetic. Maybe even worse than his sheete can 3 cone time of 7.94.

Steuber’s paltry vertical: 25.50”
Arcuri’s impressive vertical: 33.50”

Would the Patriots scouting dept do more due diligence?

Arcuri who was drafted by the Rams in the seventh round looks to have more upside than Steuber whose athletic limitations are just too overwhelming.

My enthusiasm for Steuber is now tempered by the realization of his poor explosiveness.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back