PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Welcome Kevin Harris - RB - #183

We took Harris because the punter Araiza went at #180 and we had no idea where to go next. *half joking*
But in round 6 does it even matter at this point? We're starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel now.

Trading this pick for a future 5th might have been better value than taking a player here TBH.

They lost Bolden. So, maybe one of the RBs is on special teams. Also, JJ Taylor and Devine Ozigbo are probably not going to make the team

Gut reaction from a few clips....Unimpressed. I'm guessing cut and will have to make the practice squad.

Why he's going to stick:
#1 Ball Security
#2 North/South Hammer - valuable in cold weather/RedZone.
#3 Harris is FA next year.
#3a - Harris put the ball on the ground at critical junctures last year. We fans forgave him and forgot ..I'm guessing some at 1 Patriot Place haven't forgotten.

Why he's going to stick:
#1 Ball Security
#3a - Harris put the ball on the ground at critical junctures last year. We fans forgave him and forgot ..I'm guessing some at 1 Patriot Place haven't forgotten.
#1 is the key to me. I can't stand fumbles.

Why he's going to stick:
#1 Ball Security
Why he's going to stick:
#1 Ball Security
Well they should pull the stick out of their ass and move on. He’s carried 343 times and fumbled 3 times only losing 2. Not the end of the world. I’ll take 4.8 ypc and his 15 tds over BenJarvis Green any day. Must suck sometimes being a rb in todays league and being devalued so much.

Slow rb. Would rather have a NT

I'm not worried about Damien yet. He's not going anywhere this year. Also, he's the closest friend of Mac on the team, and he's an excellent leader, Patriot, and locker room presence. I hope he stays for a 2nd contract. There's no reason to expect anything out of New Harris yet, but we'll see what happens with Rham this year - if he takes the lead role, and Strong comes on strong, then you never know.

Well they should pull the stick out of their ass and move on. He’s carried 343 times and fumbled 3 times only losing 2. Not the end of the world. I’ll take 4.8 ypc and his 15 tds over BenJarvis Green any day. Must suck sometimes being a rb in todays league and being devalued so much.
I don't disagree with you but it's clear as day how they handle fumbles.

We took Harris because the punter Araiza went at #180 and we had no idea where to go next. *half joking*
But in round 6 does it even matter at this point? We're starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel now.

Trading this pick for a future 5th might have been better value than taking a player here TBH.
Need to have someone willing to do that.. Pats already looking at having 10 picks next year without any more trades.

It is mentioned further up in the thread that Kevin Harris had back surgery. I read yesterday that this surgery was for a cyst removal. I am no medical professional but I would GUESS that this would not be as serious compared to muscle or bone damage.

Seems like an upside pick (as many of these picks seemed to be). He was hurt in 2021, so he struggled. If he is healthy, likely could have gone higher. Maybe he should have stuck in school for another year.

I disliked this pick at first, but after watching more of him, I see what they saw. He's physical, he can catch, and he's not going to give up the ball. Not great top end speed, but he gets there in a hurry and doesn't waste movement. Decisive, solid vision, nose for end zone. Good Bolden replacement at minimum. Could replace the other Harris if we don't extend him. I understand the appeal.

I am not a big fan, would rather get a NT, buy we will see

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back