PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Welcome Kevin Harris - RB - #183

Need to have someone willing to do that.. Pats already looking at having 10 picks next year without any more trades.

I think this is the point that a lot of people overlook when they discuss trades. If next year's pick has more value to the Patriots than this year's pick, you have to figure there's a good chance other teams feel the same way. By the time you get to the 6th round, how many teams have guys still on their board that they feel they HAVE to get, and thus would give us extra assets to acquire?

If D. Harris is going to be traded, it'll be after camp has run a bit, they get comfortable with the new Harris as an NFL player, and some team loses their #1 RB to an injury, creating a sense of urgency that leads to D. Harris being more valuable.

I disliked this pick at first, but after watching more of him, I see what they saw. He's physical, he can catch, and he's not going to give up the ball. Not great top end speed, but he gets there in a hurry and doesn't waste movement. Decisive, solid vision, nose for end zone. Good Bolden replacement at minimum. Could replace the other Harris if we don't extend him. I understand the appeal.
Bingo. This move is tied to D.Harris for sure. If D.Harris prices himself out of New England's plans, we have (in theory) a plug and play, physical rb2 (playing behind Stevenson at that point). He might not be as good as D.Harris but if he can essentially be a 2023 Green-Ellis in the committee, it keeps the train on it's tracks.

If D.Harris signs an extension and commits to more years in New England..you can stash K.Harris or cut him..wouldn't be a major impact on the final roster.

This is ofcourse assuming he buys into the program and shows up/shows out at camp/pre season. It's not out of the question that he shows up and is cut.

D. Harris NFL.com profile

K. Harris NFL.com profile

I am no professional, and have never claimed to be, but these two profiles look similar to me. K. Harris with some slightly better testing numbers. I'm willing to bet the D. Harris and R. Stevenson carry the load this year while K. Harris "Pulls" a hamstring during camp. Next year, Stevenson steps up into the lead role and K. Harris/P. Strong are the relief. Just my opinion.

D. Harris NFL.com profile

K. Harris NFL.com profile

I am no professional, and have never claimed to be, but these two profiles look similar to me. K. Harris with some slightly better testing numbers. I'm willing to bet the D. Harris and R. Stevenson carry the load this year while K. Harris "Pulls" a hamstring during camp. Next year, Stevenson steps up into the lead role and K. Harris/P. Strong are the relief. Just my opinion.
You're right. Very similar. D.Harris was projected to 2-3 round, and we got him in the lower 3rd, his comp was Cedric Benson. K.Harris projected to 4-5 round, we got him in the 6th, his comp was Carlos Hyde! We'll see who wins. Still, I'd love to see Damien stick and get a 2nd contract. Sadly, I could see Rham becoming a bigger "star" and get priced out of NE, even though I think he has more straight talent than both Harris's.

I disliked this pick at first, but after watching more of him, I see what they saw. He's physical, he can catch, and he's not going to give up the ball. Not great top end speed, but he gets there in a hurry and doesn't waste movement. Decisive, solid vision, nose for end zone. Good Bolden replacement at minimum. Could replace the other Harris if we don't extend him. I understand the appeal.
Before saying he's a "Bolden replacement" does he play special teams? Bolden did and that was an overlooked part of his game.

Before saying he's a "Bolden replacement" does he play special teams? Bolden did and that was an overlooked part of his game.

Fair. I think that's probably more Montgomery's role. I meant as someone who can fill in as that 3rd RB with both rushing and pass-catching ability. Harris runs a nice angle route. He can handle screens. I didn't see much of him blocking, but with his size and tenacity, I imagine he could do a solid job there. While picking up Strong gives us someone with breakaway speed as a change of pace, Harris is more interchangeable -- he trades explosive play for jack of a all trades dependability.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back