PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome Jayden Daniels! Pats next qb

Prefer Penix. Win in the pocket first, out of structure is nice but not at expense of ability to do it within the offense.

Draft Penix. Hire/empower an OC (if not the entire front office & HC). Draft OL and go to FA for WR. Let's see how it goes.

Penix is solid, but those medicals..I believe he’s had about 4 season ending injuries & he’ll be 24 when the season begins. Oft-injured skill position players are one thing, but you can’t have that at the most important position in sports. I also wonder how other teammates would acclimate to a left-handed QB. I do love the player, though.

After tyquan no more twiggy leggy jiggy players please...

Maybe if he drops to the second but otherwise no thanks. Almost half of those pocket escapes are sacks in the NFL. We need a QB for 10 years not 3. Not surprised that the same people calling for BB to be fired have questionable tastes in QBs. It's highly likely that every coveted QB in this year's draft is a bust but in the event there is one that is not my money is on Bo Nix.

Yeah but you just ignored my point. It isn’t about durability, it’s about lower body strength, where most of the throwing mechanics are generated from. Quads, hanstrings, glutes, calves. Brady clearly was very developed despite his reputation for being skinny…upper body like biceps and chest are really overrated at the position.

The traits you’re celebrating are great for the college game but these rarely translate well to the pro game.

View attachment 55712

View attachment 55713

Writing off a really talented player because you think his legs are too skinny makes absolutely no sense to me. He was the best player in college football playing in the big leagues of college football. I saw him take big hits and bounce right back up with no problem. If you don’t want him that’s fine, but it doesn’t change my view of him at all. Now, if it came out that he’s got the head of James Winston is n his shoulders you could get me to change my take very quickly, but if it turns out that he’s a leader with a great attitude and work ethic then I will want them to trade up to the #1 for him.

You guys are right, the QB room is fine. Just draft a tackle and Bailey Zappe will lead them to a bunch of Lombardi Trophies. Or maybe Trevor Simien will come free and he can come in and light it up.

If you don't fix the Offensive Line I don't care who you put at QB, they are not going to succeed. This is not going to be a popular take, but draft Joe Alt and have him as the cornerstone of your line for 10 years or more. Take the best available QB with the 2nd pick (that may be JJ McCarthy) and WR or FS with 3rd. The risk of taking a QB high and have then turn into a bust is too high. Take the safe pick and then forget about the backside of the QB for 10 years. I would sign a veteran QB to play for two years until that rookie is ready.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back