PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 7 Maps - Nantz, Romo to call Pats-SF game

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
The Pats-SF game gets some good distribution on both coasts, while flyover states get KC at Denver. Pittsburgh at Tennessee dominates in the early time slot for CBS (and rightfully so - it probably should have been flexed to Sunday night).

CBS Late
07-CBS-L.png

Red: San Francisco at New England; Jim Nantz, Tony Romo
Blue: Kansas City at Denver; Kevin Harlan, Trent Green
Green: Jacksonville at LA Chargers; Andrew Catalon, James Lofton

NATIONAL BROADCASTS
  • Thursday Night: NY Giants @ Philadelphia (FOX/NFLN)
  • Sunday Night: Tampa Bay @ Las Vegas (NBC)
  • Monday Night: Chicago @ LA Rams (ESPN)

How dare you call me a flyover state!

I know that Romo is the current sportscaster "dahling" of many, but I find he talks too much too often.. to the point that he distracts from the actual game..

The one time I’m cool with living in CA...

Going to have to tune into XM Radio for this one. Some Zolak and Socci this Sunday.

I know that Romo is the current sportscaster "dahling" of many, but I find he talks too much too often.. to the point that he distracts from the actual game..

That may be true, and that may harm your enjoyment, but it is entertaining when he calls the play that's to come, to the exact right player, and it happens.

I tend to think the Patriots have given him the illegal secret codes to the headsets so he can listen beyond the 15 seconds.

What's up with Milwaukee? A little island of Pats fans or something? ;)

The national game of the week for CBS is the 2-3 Pats vs the 3-3 49ers not the SB defending Chiefs with Mahomes and the newly acquired Bell in a divisional game at Mile High?

I can see it now, CBS clearly gonna play up and ask if it was a bad idea for Pats to trade Garoppolo after every completion by Garoppolo and every incompletion by Newton. Ignoring the fact that Pats went to the SB twice and won 1 after trading him and that literally a week ago there was legitimate talks of him being benched for Mullens.

They are flexing Seahawks-Cards to SNF, so that means they are moving the Oakland-TB to another day, probably due to Raiders Covid situation...

Edit: Raiders-Bucs at Sunday 4:05 for now (guessing it's moved to another day)

Last edited:
They are flexing Seahawks-Cards to SNF, so that means they are moving the Oakland-TB to another day, probably due to Raiders Covid situation...
From what I heard they want to have a safety valve in case the game needs to be postponed. Otherwise there could be no SNF game if they have to postpone.

From what I heard they want to have a safety valve in case the game needs to be postponed. Otherwise there could be no SNF game if they have to postpone.

Ah, so it's a money thing...who would have thought?

Bucs-Raiders is on Fox, and CBS has the double header this weekend.
In other words it will not change who receives either the Steelers-Titans or the Pats-Niners.

The only effect will most likely be Florida, Nevada, northern California and Utah changing to the Bucs-Raiders game on Fox.
Distribution of the Pats game will not change.

Bucs-Raiders is on Fox, and CBS has the double header this weekend.
In other words it will not change who receives either the Steelers-Titans or the Pats-Niners.

The only effect will most likely be Florida, Nevada, northern California and Utah changing to the Bucs-Raiders game on Fox.
Distribution of the Pats game will not change.
I can't remember ever seeing a 1:00 game get such widespread coverage. It is the vast majority of the nation getting that one game. Usually you only see that at 4:00.

I can't remember ever seeing a 1:00 game get such widespread coverage. It is the vast majority of the nation getting that one game. Usually you only see that at 4:00.
Yeah, I agree. Normally that type of game would be at least moved to the late time slot, if not to Sunday night.

I'm not sure why that didn't happen - maybe because it had already been moved once, and so many games are already being moved around.

Going to have to tune into XM Radio for this one. Some Zolak and Socci this Sunday.

I prefer the radio broadcast to the TV broadcast, but there is a delay. Wish I could mute the TV and listen to the Zolak and Socci play by play, but there is a delay... that doesn't work.

Looks like it's streams or Sunday Ticket if you want to see Brady this week.

Screenshot_20201023-174548_Chrome.jpg

Maybe if Romo was paired with someone more interested in football than Nantz. Dude calls football games like golf tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes