PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 5 NFL games discussion

The offense averaged 355 yard a game last year, this year they are averaging 396 yards per game

We are averaging less points per game so far this year. Last year 25.5. This year 24.2. We aren't producing anymore points. Which is all that matters really.

I still want to see TB with their full arsenal of weapons. Godwin has been injured since the start of the season. He’s a major element to that offense, which will cause a trickle down effect on the rest of the WR corp.
they maybe great athletes and playmakers but they need to perform in crunch time like brady usually does unlike today. That is what remains to be see if the bucs have any, like and edelman or just fair weather players other than gronk.

Ehhhh. No it hasn't. It looks different and more stylish but not better when you look at the numbers.
When you look at the numbers, you’ll see that the Patriots averaged 20.33 points per game during the final 8 regular season games and 1 playoff game last year; that doesn’t factor in non-offense points, it’s just total points scored. If you look at weeks 1-3 this year (The games with the starting QB), the offense alone has averaged 24.33 points per game.

I can say this...Bowels runs a pretty good zone d scheme but his calls in crunch time where a FG wins it ...those D calls are questionable to say the least

they maybe great athletes and playmakers but they need to perform in crunch time like brady usually does unlike today. That is what remains to be see if the bucs have any, like and edelman or just fair weather players other than gronk.
Yeah, they all need to be on the field together first. That was my point..

I'm watching Jackie Slater on my local post game broadcast in LA and he trashes Tampa T's on their technique on certain passing situations. Their O-line sucks and I don't see anything impressive of Whiffs....I mean Wirfs.

OT: Is it true Brady used to make Pats rookies wash his Gulfstream jet while he sat in his Rolls sipping TB12 electrolyte infused concussion water and reading Cosmo?

Really unfair to be harsh on Brady tonight other than that last play. Was without a few top weapons. On the road, and the Bears have a top 5 defensive unit in the league.

Offense did fine all things considered but made wayyy too many mental errors. Should’ve won this one.
From my vantage point, it just seemed really odd — overall I thought Brady had a good game and looked sharp, but performed his worst at the end (not knowing the down, the last 2 passes were poor decisions, the prior one to Evans was either a bad throw or a bad route). It’s the opposite of what I’m used to, when Brady would have a meh game and then turn it on in the end. He certainly played well enough to win overall, but Arians lack of discipline is killing that team, and that was even before all those injuries.

From my vantage point, it just seemed really odd — overall I thought Brady had a good game and looked sharp, but performed his worst at the end (not knowing the down, the last 2 passes were poor decisions, the prior one to Evans was either a bad throw or a bad route). It’s the opposite of what I’m used to, when Brady would have a meh game and then turn it on in the end. He certainly played well enough to win overall, but Arians lack of discipline is killing that team, and that was even before all those injuries.
Arians never takes resposibility for any of the indiscipline. its always some player or the refs or anyone.

It’s still early for them.

Something to note: if the playoffs end up being in a bubble, does seeding really matter if you’re not the 1 seed? At that point, just get in and you’ll be at a neutral site.

Bucs just need to get it together a bit come late in the season, clean up the sloppy mental errors, and then let the talent take over.

When you look at the numbers, you’ll see that the Patriots averaged 20.33 points per game during the final 8 regular season games and 1 playoff game last year; that doesn’t factor in non-offense points, it’s just total points scored. If you look at weeks 1-3 this year (The games with the starting QB), the offense alone has averaged 24.33 points per game.

Well you can't really completely eliminate half the games played lol. They all count. If you pick and choose which games to count then yeah you can make up whatever average you want.

Well you can't really completely eliminate half the games played lol. They all count. If you pick and choose which games to count then yeah you can make up whatever average you want.
By picking and choosing do you mean the halfway point? Are you telling me that you seriously expected the Pats to score 26 against the Titans because that was their average over the year? That’s what we’re talking about — the offense has improved from the garbage we saw in the 2nd half of the year. Obviously we don’t know if it’ll keep up, but I’m happy we’ve improved instead of stagnated.

I'm watching Jackie Slater on my local post game broadcast in LA and he trashes Tampa T's on their technique on certain passing situations. Their O-line sucks and I don't see anything impressive of Whiffs....I mean Wirfs.
Wirfs is a rookie and he's playing hurt...that's a depth issue that goes to Arians roster building

By picking and choosing do you mean the halfway point? Are you telling me that you seriously expected the Pats to score 26 against the Titans because that was their average over the year? That’s what we’re talking about — the offense has improved from the garbage we saw in the 2nd half of the year. Obviously we don’t know if it’ll keep up, but I’m happy we’ve improved instead of stagnated.

Wow you really took a leap there.........No. Pretty sure that's not even 1% of what I said. That isn't what I was talking about. Not even a tiny bit. If you're gonna talk about the first few games of this season why would you not compare it to the first few games of last season? Wouldn't that be a more fair comparison? We don't know how this team will finish the year so we can't compare. You're not choosing to use the whole season or the first 4 games of last season because it doesn't fit your narrative. However, last years team started out the first 4 games scoring, 33, 43, 30, and 16 lol.......But if it makes you feel better to think the offense is better this year by all means go ahead. It's just not true though. Not yet anyways.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back