PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 4 NFL Games

Saints will win guaranteed.

It’s definitely Gilmore. The defense (including Collins) are able to get so many sacks/INTs because having Gilmore is almost like having 12 players on the field. Collins has had some nice plays and been in the right place for some picks, but Gilmore is the real absolute stud on the team. It’s funny people saying he had a “bad game” when he’s covering #1 receivers with no help and still limiting them. Van Noy has also been an absolute beast.
Telling (and exciting) that you were able to - rightly - praise three Patriots and haven’t even gotten to DMac. This D is on fire.

Telling (and exciting) that you were able to - rightly - praise three Patriots and haven’t even gotten to DMac. This D is on fire.

I did just create a thread about DMac :)

Thank you sir

I don’t want Ramsey gone. Flacco abused his backup today and we dang near lost because of it. He is a game changer. I know he says the fences aren’t mendable, but the FO needs to put their foot down and not let him dictate this

as far as Minshew...I am becoming a believer
Put a max extension in front of him and you'll see how fixable that fence is.

It’s definitely Gilmore. The defense (including Collins) are able to get so many sacks/INTs because having Gilmore is almost like having 12 players on the field. Collins has had some nice plays and been in the right place for some picks, but Gilmore is the real absolute stud on the team. It’s funny people saying he had a “bad game” when he’s covering #1 receivers with no help and still limiting them. Van Noy has also been an absolute beast.
You know how it works though, it’s always the guy with the stats that wins it.

I agree with your premise; however, these awards usually (almost always) go to the players with the statistics to back their case. Gilmore’s the best CB in football, but will he have the tangible stats? Collins is likely (mere projection) to have something like 80-100 tackles, 5+INTs, 5+ sacks, Pass deflections, FFs etc....Gilmore would have something like 30-40 tackles, 4-5INTs, 20 PDs. Also, Barrett (TB) already has 9 sacks. These numbers stand out. You be the judge..

Why can the Bears wear those throwback helmets, but the Pats can't?

Regards,
Chris
Nobody has an actual answer to this. All I hear is it’s a “safety issue” but can’t explain why.

Brees on the sideline rubbing his thumb seems a little scripted.

Found this on the cowboys forum

Attachments

• 2BEB95E0-7E4B-4C85-AE64-7217E7704506.png
    2BEB95E0-7E4B-4C85-AE64-7217E7704506.png
    830.3 KB · Views: 11
Why can the Bears wear those throwback helmets, but the Pats can't?

Regards,
Chris

Bears helmets were their regular helmets just with a different decal. For Pats to do a throwback they'd have to go with white helmets all year and change the Flying Elvis to Pat Patriot for the throwback game(s) or they'd have to use the silver helmets and put the Pat Patriot decal on for the game, which then they really wouldn't be throwbacks and the throwback uniforms would like bad with the silver helmet

I see they’re not calling holding tonight

Ezekiel Elliot is only as good as his offensive line

So instead of throwing the ball away, TB turned around and took a sack. I bet Drew is chomping at the bit on the sidelines.

Nobody has an actual answer to this. All I hear is it’s a “safety issue” but can’t explain why.

You can only use one helmet all year which is an NFL effort to ensure proper fitting of the helmets

The Bears just put new stickers on their normal dark blue helmet

For the Pats to use their red throwbacks, they need a white helmet which would violate the “one helmet per year” rule

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back