PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 17: NFL Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the game is suspended I wonder how it effects sundays game.

There's a lot of young kids on these teams, on both sides. There's no way they've been through something like this. Now maybe, if news comes back that Hamlin has been stabilized and doing OK they could continue, but playing w/o knowing, no f*cking way.

A lot of sudden deaths happening frequently in younger people these days especially athletes….google it. I think these pro athletes get scanned/evaluated pretty throughly…..congenital heart problems generally come up in testing and assessment
There were definitely a handful of cardiovascular related health issues and/or deaths prior to "2020", although it does seem like there's been even more lately. There won't be any objective findings on the matter though.

I am guessing the inference is they weren't rushing to the hospital so he is already gone.

I don't think that can be used to assume that. The ambulance is not going to gun it going off the field regardless.

If someone you have on ignore starts a thread then yes you won't even see the thread

I've mentioned that problem to Ian in the past, but he's got a lot on his plate when it comes to this place. I know that it can be dealt with by other systems (vBulletin has the thread show up with the Original post just being blank, for example), but I don't know about Xenforo.

An AED wouldn’t be used if he had a pulse, if I remember right the AED will only shock with no pulse. hopefully the got him back and he just needs O2….

That is what I saw too. Possible aortic rupture?
Scary. Look at the Mo Lewis hit. Drew had internal bleeding, collapsed lung (later on), yet still was on his feet.

I've seen guys faint during a long formation in the heat - they tend to collapse at the knees first like an accordion. This guy jumped up, froze, and it looked like someone flipped a switch.

I'll just hold on to the fact that the medical skills available are incredible, and the NFL has access to the best. That and the prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST