PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 17 49ers Pick update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Week 17 49's Pick update

The Ravens and 49ers are the only 5-11 teams. The 49ers lost to the Ravens head to head but I dont even know if that is factored in. Regardless, the stregnth of schedule is as follows:
Ravens SOS is .516%
Niners SOS is .465%

Niners have a weaker strength of schedule making it official that the Patriots have the #7 pick overall

That looks right. I think the Pats will pick 6th, 7th, or 8th, depending out the three 5-11 teams line up in the draft.

It's the #7.

alrit, sweet deal guys, we got number 7....who was chosen 7th last yr? Adrian Peterson? who knows wut kind of contract the guy signed?

alrit, sweet deal guys, we got number 7....who was chosen 7th last yr? Adrian Peterson? who knows wut kind of contract the guy signed?

7 Minnesota Adrian Peterson RB 6 $40.50 $6.75

The Pats officially have the #7 overall pick now.
And the Jets by winning today dropped themselves from the #3 overall pick to the #6 overall pick, having the toughest SOS of the 4-12 teams.
Quite a bit of that in part to having the 16-0 Pats on their schedule, LOL.

The Jets pick just went from 3 to 6.

Bye Bye McFadden. The Jets can't even get a break in the offseason either!

Isn't it great? Even when they win, they LOSE! :bricks:

I still can't help thinking that, had only two results changed, we would be holding the #2 overall pick.

1) SF loses just one of the following games: vs. ARI (20-17), at STL (17-16), at ARI (37-31 in OT), vs. CIN (20-13), vs. TAM (21-19).

2) STL beats Seattle, at home, when they have 1st/goal at Seattle's 4 with 1:03 left in the game. Instead, they lose 19-24. I watched the end of that game on TV, thus explaining my vivid memory of it. Frerotte throws a ball at Isaac Bruce's feet, just 6 yards from each other. Pathetic.

Heck, had STL just defeated SF at home, in another winnable game (16-17), all those other results are rendered moot. Oh well; I still hope that we trade down and select a LB and DB of the future.

I still can't help thinking that, had only two results changed, we would be holding the #2 overall pick.
Instead, just think about trading #28 last year for #7 this year + Randy Moss :D

Instead, just think about trading #28 last year for #7 this year + Randy Moss :D

You're right, and I know that I'll really feel good about #7 on Draft Day. The NEP haven't picked this high since Seymour in 2001.

7 Baltimore 5 11 0 .312 .518
8 New England (from 49ers) 5 11 0 .312 .465

Should be us.

so it is official we have the n.8 ?

McFadden may drop. Look how far Steven Jackson dropped a few years back. RBs drop on draft day. Steven jackson was a better prospect than McFadden is.

McFadden may drop. Look how far Steven Jackson dropped a few years back. RBs drop on draft day. Steven jackson was a better prospect than McFadden is.

I don't think anyone had SJax as the best prospect available on the board, as many draft experts do, and he was viewed as a mid 1st rounder by everyone-- not a Top 5 pick like D-Mac. He doesn't have the injury concerns that Peterson had last year, who would have gone higher than 7 except for that. LT went #5, and that was before people fully realized a RB could play the way LT has played. SJax wasn't a better prospect than D-Mac. Jackson couldn't block like D-Mac can and he isn't the athlete that D-Mac is. Jackson never threw a TD in college, either.

7 Baltimore 5 11 0 .312 .518
8 New England (from 49ers) 5 11 0 .312 .465

Should be us.

Shouldn't that give us the 7th pick, not the 8th??? Since the 49ers have an easier strength of schedule.

we have the 7th pick ppl...its official....from nfl.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore