PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 13 might be the biggest regular season game for the Patriots in decades

Simpelton

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Now obviously me saying this, I know that if we fail it doesn't change much, we're still big playoff contenders and could erase a manhandling by the Bills in the playoffs, but a win here could still be huge. Up to this point the games have been about fighting for the right to be considered competitors. What we're fighting for this week is the right to prove ourselves dominant. A class above the teams that laughed at us last year. A statement made here could echo throughout the league and let them know that not only are we back, we're back to stay, playing for keeps every year and every Sunday.

Not only that, but the Bills have got to show everyone what they've got. For us this is almost just another game, but for the Bills, if they lose they get demoted to fringe contenders after dominating the east all year. A huge kick in the pants for a team and fanbase that have been starved for glory for a very, very long time. It could be very damaging to morale on the shores of the St. Lawrence.

Now obviously me saying this, I know that if we fail it doesn't change much, we're still big playoff contenders and could erase a manhandling by the Bills in the playoffs, but a win here could still be huge. Up to this point the games have been about fighting for the right to be considered competitors. What we're fighting for this week is the right to prove ourselves dominant. A class above the teams that laughed at us last year. A statement made here could echo throughout the league and let them know that not only are we back, we're back to stay, playing for keeps every year and every Sunday.

Not only that, but the Bills have got to show everyone what they've got. For us this is almost just another game, but for the Bills, if they lose they get demoted to fringe contenders after dominating the east all year. A huge kick in the pants for a team and fanbase that have been starved for glory for a very, very long time. It could be very damaging to morale on the shores of the St. Lawrence.
I thought that the Titans game was a statement game.

Its the biggest regular season game in decades for buffalo, that part is for sure. After decades they finally gained control of the division last year, seemingly for the foreseeable future. But that all may be in jeopardy now and they sure as heck do not want to lose control already. For us, i dont think so .

as someone said earlier, the Pittsburgh and Indianapolis games of yore were massive. Indianapolis was always during November sweeps. but this is the biggest regular season game in a reply long time

Put the pipe down and step away from the key board. :)

It is enormous in this sense: if they win, they become the odds-on favorite to earn the bye.

Definitely the biggest game until two games later when they play again.
If anybody sweeps, I know teams have won both regular season games then lost the playoff game... but it gives that team a huge edge going into the playoffs.

I think the Pats are mentally tougher, as in, the Bills think they're entitled after all these years, then after 1 year of being back on top. The Pats are hungry.

How many decades are we talking about?

:cool:

Plenty over bigger games over the last 20 years, but this is the biggest one we had any right to hope for during the offseason. Let's go!

2017 and 2018 steelers both felt massive. 2018 bills week 16th was massive too. and sadly, some of the week 17 games where we could've secured a bye or the 1 seed, like 2015 and 2019 dolphins.
for the most part, we were superbowl favorites or serious contenders in those years. so i tend to think those years had bigger games. not that we CAN'T win this year, but it's different.

Uh....what?

....yeah no, its not. Its a big game for both teams as its a division game, nothing more. Its not just another game for the pats either, because the pats even though they won a few games in a row are still not one of those every year contenders yet like they used to be. So big normal division game that could go a long way to deciding the division, not the biggest game in a decade or even close.

It is enormous in this sense: if they win, they become the odds-on favorite to earn the bye.

Ok, but you know....we have like played superbowls and playoff games in the last decade. lol those are kinda bigger than this.

I understand completely, don't want to leave the old eye clamps in to long.

"There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening."

1638437645093.png

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back