PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Week 12 PostGame Thread: NE Loses 10-7 to NYG

Immediate Postgame Reactions
"But is any coach ro GM wants a case study" - Haha - more hyperbole. You should ask yourself why exaggerating is part of your personality.

That wasn't hyperbole. That is a fact. If a head coach and a GM wants to see what not to do with a young QB they are trying to develop into a franchise QB, look what Belichick and the Pats did with Jones and do the exact opposite. Not a bit of exaggeration in this statement.

Jones is now a bust. The coach and gm did not do anything to build a team around him. all they're acquisitions were on defense and special teams...and hunter Henry. not good enough in 2023.
Not the first 1st round QB to be good in his rookie year and then flame out. Won’t be the last.

That wasn't hyperbole. That is a fact. If a head coach and a GM wants to see what not to do with a young QB they are trying to develop into a franchise QB, look what Belichick and the Pats did with Jones and do the exact opposite. Not a bit of exaggeration in this statement.
Idk why anyone would argue with that. When Mac was drafted, he was largely seen as the QB going into the best situation. That year he ended up looking like the star of the QB class. Then the Pats mismanaged the offense both from a coaching and talent perspective, meanwhile the other teams invested in offense. The only team that didn't really is the Jets, and they have the only QB who is looking worse than Mac

On the flip side, they also essentially took two of his top three weapons from Y1 away (benching Bourne because reasons, and making Henry useless), and, again, saddled him with likely the worst OC in at least a decade.
Bill O'Brien has coordinated a worse offense than a DC converted to an OC. Many did not think that was possible. Not a good look.

usa_today_17329902.0.jpg

Right, Brady never did that ;) Only difference is we knew Brady was probably right.

Agreed. There is a difference. Mac is blaming the reciever when he is wrong. Brady did ***** a bit, but it seemed like he has a very long fuse, and he was rarely wrong. P Manning used to ***** about his OL, I always cringed when he did that.

After I note that you are prone to exaggeration and hyperbole, you write "It was done with reckless disregard". Haha. Too funny. You can not help yourself, you have a need to greatly exaggerate.

Did you hear Ty Law's latest comments on BB on the Greg Hill show? Other than during contract negotiations, Ty said BB is "dope". BB is not intentionally ruining any player. Mac was babied in Y1, Cam was let go so that he did not unintentionally intimidate Mac, BB kept asking coaches to not scream at Mac, on and on and on. Everything was done to make Mac comfortable, and late in Y1 and in Y2, the coaching staff asked Mac to step up.

Did you see Mac complaining about Gesicki on two overthrows. What QB does that? Openly blames his recievers on national TV? No QB does that. I am not sure any team will sign Mac after the Pats let him go - Mac must have an awful reputation around the league.
QB’s are the face of a franchise. Mac is Krafts guy always has been. Bill has of course played a role in this whole debacle and it’s easy to look back at drafts and play revisionist history. Mac’s complete lack of confidence in his own abilities at this level are the root of all his problems.
He’s not good enough and he knows it.
Bills gone and that’s fine, thanks for the memories.

I don't get why people are saying Mac wanted BOB. People infer the Alabama connection, but they never were on the team together and most Patriots fans just assumed we were waiting on BOB anyways. It was a predictable Belichick getting back one of his oown guys hire.
Ok, I’ll give you that. We don’t know who Mac wanted. However, Mac did go out of his way to minimize BB achievement by calling him good defensive coach last season. He should have said what he saying know..

Again, Mac Jones can be a head case AND the Belichick and the Patriots were a textbook case of how to ruin a young QB. It doesn't have to be an either or thing. Both things can be true.

Yes theoretically possible. But in practice it rarely if ever happens. The difference between being theoretical and practical (common sense).

Agreed. There is a difference. Mac is blaming the reciever when he is wrong. Brady did ***** a bit, but it seemed like he has a very long fuse, and he was rarely wrong. P Manning used to ***** about his OL, I always cringed when he did that.
I remember people *****ing about Brady’s body language and attitude on the sideline, but it almost always because he was getting in someone’s ass for not following through. We sorely miss that.

Jones is now a bust. The coach and gm did not do anything to build a team around him. all they're acquisitions were on defense and special teams...and hunter Henry. not good enough in 2023.

Maybe. Did you see the stats for Jonnu Smith this year? The OL has been OK. Mac can not step up or scramble because of the OL? Or the receivers? Bailey seems very comfortable behind the OL. Why is Mac nervous? If Bailey didnt stare down his reciever he would be a serviceable QB. Mac? There is no way he is serviceable. Your stick that it is everyone else's fault, and not Mac's fault, is old and wrong.

Yes theoretically possible. But in practice it rarely if ever happens. The difference between being theoretical and practical (common sense).

It happened in practice here. It really is indisputable.

Again, Belichick made Mac Jones' QB coach a guy who knew less about the position than he did. The guy who was supposed to be working with him in his mechanics, reading offenses, and understanding the playbook and the game plan didn't know know more than Jones about that stuff. They had to pare down the playbook for Patricia and Jones.

I can see a meeting room meeting now:

"Coach Judge, I am having issues with a rush from my blindside. What can I do to better avoid it?"

"Let me Google it and I will get back to you."

Bill O'Brien has coordinated a worse offense than a DC converted to an OC. Many did not think that was possible. Not a good look.

usa_today_17329902.0.jpg
The only thing I will say in total fairness is that Patricia still had Meyers and Harris to work with, Mac wasn't completely broken by that point and Wynn/Cannon provided a bit more continuity on the line.

BOB came into more of a mess and some things were broken and made worse before he got the reigns handed to him.

The pats have likely secured a franchise qb prospect or the best wr prospect in a decade. williams & maye are arguably the best 1-2 at the top of the draft since luck rgiii. That’s huge
I dont want Williams. I am worried we will feel forced to take him if he's there.

I remember people *****ing about Brady’s body language and attitude on the sideline, but it almost always because he was getting in someone’s ass for not following through. We sorely miss that.

Agreed. It is only missed if the QB is patient and helpful until the breaking point. Brady was both patient and held people accountable. It is a tough balancing act.

Maybe. Did you see the stats for Jonnu Smith this year? The OL has been OK. Mac can not step up or scramble because of the OL? Or the receivers? Bailey seems very comfortable behind the OL. Why is Mac nervous? If Bailey didnt stare down his reciever he would be a serviceable QB. Mac? There is no way he is serviceable. Your stick that it is everyone else's fault, and not Mac's fault, is old and wrong.

Smith was a bad fit for this team. I don't even think you can blame it on the coaching (which would be more of the case than Mac because Hunter Henry had a good year in 2021). He is a perfect example of you cannot just acquire talent. You have to find talent to fit your scheme except if it is elite talent.

And if Mac can get his head back on straight, he can be more than serviceable. In the right system, he could be good. Now the question is whether he will ever be able to get his head back on straight or if he is broken for good.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back