PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread Week 12 PostGame Thread: NE Loses 10-7 to NYG

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Are both Mac & Zappe incapable of throwing to their right, or is Bo'B incapable of calling for any pass to the right (except a screen)?

People questioned when Belichick took Chad Ryland in the fourth round because it was really high to take a kicker. But it is extremely high to take a kicker who cannot kick field goals.

I have not played one in over a decade, is Madden still worth it?

Depends on which Madden you play. I still think Madden 25 and Madden 12 are the best, but at least you yourself have the power to win. I still get to pretend we're a successful franchise in the 2020s and reach AFC championships. EMPOWERING ESCAPISM

people in here think losing games and getting a rookie QB for next season is some recipe to get back in the playoffs next season or at least be respectable. The ******* coach has formed a team with NO top end talent on either side of the ball. does Caleb Williams or Drake Maye turn this into a 10 win team throwing to JuJu Sanu, Davante Parker, Douglas, aand Thornton?
And know what, if this dip **** coach is still here, I say there's no guarantee he starts a rookie QB.
This is about setting the team up for the era. There's no quick fix. But getting some high draft picks with potential is a good start.

100% they do. Fields hasn’t been much better than Mac.

Problem…this team isn’t a QB away.

I’d trade down if you can get a haul and fortify the line.
We need top talent. This isn’t a one draft rebuild. Get Maye, Williams, or Harrison and build around them. Offence again at the top of round 2, either oline or WR.

i hated the pick... @ibwt group do you still defend it?

there is absolutely 0 need for special team picks if the roster lacks talent everywhere
A day 3 pick on a kicker who makes it to a second contract is worth it. A day 3 pick on a kicker who doesn't is a wasted pick.

People questioned when Belichick took Chad Ryland in the fourth round because it was really high to take a kicker. But it is extremely high to take a kicker who cannot kick field goals.
Well that's because Bill is just smarter than everyone else

I think that's the pitch you need to make to them - hey if you swap with us you'll still get to take Marvin Harrison Jr. You already have a QB1.

Edit: Oops NM. Someone just mentioned the Carolina pick belongs to the Bears, so that's the team we'd have to sweet talk!
Personal bias: my preference right now is Maye > MHJ > Williams. If they get a top 3 pick, they take the highest one available.

Time for a nap
Toking Mash Up GIF

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe