WEEK 10 Rooting Interests

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
1PM
KC @ CAR: KC winning increases the chances that Donks are at best a WC team & no game in Denver. However KC is half decent and also a current threat for seed dominance at only 2 losses. CAR it is.

HOU @ JAX: Gotta root for the cursed Colts to lose the division & miss playoffs. Houston seems like an easy W in January if we face them.

DEN @ NO: Easy decision. Like Brees & Saints and any Donk loss is good for our seed outlook.

LA @ NYJ: Hate LA HC but can't root for Jets to worsen draft position. They'll blow any top draft pick anyways.

ATL @ PHI: Want Matty Ice taken down a peg. Don't want Jints to win their division. A twofer.

CHI @ TB: Bucs are my winter team when I'm south of Tamper in the wintah.

GB @ TEN: Saint Aaron in decline is such a great story. :p

MIN @ WAS: Again Giants division hopes must be crushed. Like WAS QB; hate Eli.

4PM
MIA @ SD: Go Chaagiz! Like Rivers. Bolts have has massive injuries. :(

SF @ ARI: Irrelevant except Cards could knock Seahags out of playoffs. OK with me.

DAL @ PIT: Well, SOMEONE has to win the AFC North division. Want DAL's record worse than ours.

8:30PM
SEA @ NE: Can't decide :p

Monday 8:30
CIN @ NYG: Jints Delenda Est! Don't care about CIN standing or W/L record.

"Gotta root for the cursed Colts to lose the division & miss playoffs."

Don't hate me, but I kinda want the Colts to make the playoffs. They are so terrible that we could smoke 'em 50-0, and then by rule they could draft no higher than 21st.

Does this make me a bad person?

As long as the Pats win this one. IMO will be tough.

I also reserve the right to mock the Colts when they hang another banner for winning the AFC South.

This week I am definitely rooting for Carolina, New Orleans, and San Diego.

I can't ever root for PIT, plus they are scary if healthy. Gotta go with Dallas.

Agreed. As much as I loathe the Ravens, I consider Pittsburgh the only AFC competitor with an elite quarterback. That makes them dangerous.

Agreed. As much as I loathe the Ravens, I consider Pittsburgh the only AFC competitor with an elite quarterback. That makes them dangerous.

I see your point and agree that Ben is the better QB and the Steelers have a good team but which team's D and which QB from that division has caused us the most problems?
Were it not for TFB's GOAT comeback from 2 TDs down in January 2015, we'd all have serious Ravenphobia.

1PM
KC @ CAR: KC winning increases the chances that Donks are at best a WC team & no game in Denver. However KC is half decent and also a current threat for seed dominance at only 2 losses. CAR it is.

HOU @ JAX: Gotta root for the cursed Colts to lose the division & miss playoffs. Houston seems like an easy W in January if we face them.

DEN @ NO: Easy decision. Like Brees & Saints and any Donk loss is good for our seed outlook.

LA @ NYJ: Hate LA HC but can't root for Jets to worsen draft position. They'll blow any top draft pick anyways.

ATL @ PHI: Want Matty Ice taken down a peg. Don't want Jints to win their division. A twofer.

CHI @ TB: Bucs are my winter team when I'm south of Tamper in the wintah.

GB @ TEN: Saint Aaron in decline is such a great story. :p

MIN @ WAS: Again Giants division hopes must be crushed. Like WAS QB; hate Eli.

4PM
MIA @ SD: Go Chaagiz! Like Rivers. Bolts have has massive injuries. :(

SF @ ARI: Irrelevant except Cards could knock Seahags out of playoffs. OK with me.

DAL @ PIT: Well, SOMEONE has to win the AFC North division. Want DAL's record worse than ours.

8:30PM
SEA @ NE: Can't decide :p

Monday 8:30
CIN @ NYG: Jints Delenda Est! Don't care about CIN standing or W/L record.

Until a given AFC team is mathematically eliminated from catching us, I fail to understand the logic of our having a rooting interest for that team against either an NFC team or an AFC team with a worse record. It makes zero sense. Especially in a contact sport where injuries inevitably happen and can derail even the best of teams.

Pretty much agree with every pick you made with the one exception of Dall vs Pitt....Going to be rooting for Dallas, would much rather see Balt or Cincy win the division.

Can't root for Squeelers and the rapist, go Boys go!

I can't ever root for PIT, plus they are scary if healthy. Gotta go with Dallas.

Well the Pats are going to play SOMEBODY in the playoffs, everyone can't lose.

As long as the Pats don't have to play at Denver, with their unfair home field advantage, I'm really not worried about anyone.

I'd like to see Dallas brought back to earth a bit. Seeing a celebrating Jerry Jones makes me nauseous.

No man was ever more in dire need of an atomic wedgie than Jerruh.

Screw Dallas and their Tom Brady Release 2.0 version with Dax.
Don't want anyone to have the same excellent record as the Pats.

Until a given AFC team is mathematically eliminated from catching us, I fail to understand the logic of our having a rooting interest for that team against either an NFC team or an AFC team with a worse record. It makes zero sense. Especially in a contact sport where injuries inevitably happen and can derail even the best of teams.

Because I am not a scared rabbit Patriots fan.

Screw Dallas and their Tom Brady Release 2.0 version with Dax.
Don't want anyone to have the same excellent record as the Pats.
Thanks a bit of emotional reasoning for an engineer.

I'm a fan. Logic need not be the determining factor, Mr Spock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes