PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 1 Other Games Thread

I was watching one of the preseason games a while back and I remember seeing some kicker named Vedvik, or something close to that. I remember thinking that there's no way an NYFL team picks him up. Then the Jete traded for him and I realized that I was correct.

Let me see if I have this right. The Jete traded away most of the top picks of their draft for the next couple of years to move up a few spots in order to take Sam Darnold. He's not worth it. Not even close.

Is there any QB more over-rated than Cam Newton? I don't think so. He's also not very likable. After one of his players ran it in for a TD Cam decided that was the time for him to hand a ball to one of the kids in the stands for the photo op. He was the one who claimed that he wanted to be an icon? He should have chosen to be a QB instead.

Speaking of the Panthers, didn't they used to have a good defense?

Baker Mayfield certainly talks a much better game than he plays. Maybe a good sized piece of humble pie is what he needs. He got it today.

I can't believe that Brian Flores would coach a team that tanks a season. I believe it now.

Sing along everybody.
Start spreading the news.
I'm leaving today.
I won't be a part of it.
New Jersey, New Jersey.

Anyone else see the horrible playcalling by Bevell there for the Lions?

He may still be. Can’t make too many judgments by Week 1. But he needs to realize that his athleticism alone is not going to get him by in the NFL.

I'm in a pay fantasy league, I got drunk and overslept my draft...Yahoo only picked one QB for me in a league that can start two and it was Murray...****ing fireball!

Bad news Lions up to no good. :D

I don’t know who Tyler Murray is but *Kyler* Murray just led a heckuva drive. I gotta eat crow!

Don't call it a comeback we been there for years. :D

AZ making a comeback

AZ making a comeback
Lions are snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Two ridiculous timeouts called by their coaching stuff.

"longer than he was supposed to" is a good thing for an official to say

Fat Patricia about to lose back to back openers to rookie quarterbacks.

Fitzgerald with an absolutely gorgeous catch! First ballot!

Fat Matt's team is barfing all over it's shoes

How does a troll like Chris Simms end up on “Football night in America”? Very odd.

Something tells me that Matt Patricia is not long for the HCing world.... :(

Matt will be DC here in a year. :D

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes