PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

we get nantz and simms for sunday's game

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can deal with those 2. The fewer games with Madden the better the season will be.

I like that crew.

patsox23 said:
I like that crew.

Those guys are OK I guess, but neither are like the great Beasley Reese!!!!!!

Well I don't know who the broadcasters are, but I get to watch the Titans and Jets this week! Aren't you jealous?

Hmm, that may a be a good time for me to mow the lawn, or take a nap, or stick pencils in the ceiling tiles. Lots of better options than watching that yawn-fest.

Simms is one of the best, in my opinion. He does a good job of explaining what each team was trying to do on plays, and on more than one occasion has predicted a play right before it happened.

R_T26 said:
Very good.

Those guys are excellent!

However, I have the NFL Pass, so I get to listen to Gino and the boys for every game. I've got the Sunday ticket so I've got the game on TV. Then, I simply activate my FM Transmitter, and the computer stream goes to every radio in the house.

It's quite a set up and you're all invited over. I have a pool, so bring a suit.:)

Actually, let me know what the wife can cook for ya. After she massages my feet, I'll order her to whip something up.

I hope she doesn't read this, or I'm dead.:) Kidding of course.

Just so the announcers stick to the game.

I had to mute the sound last night when those two bozos interviewed the commissioner. It's like having your mother-in-law yammer on about retired friends back home and the colon trouble they are having while you're just trying to watch the damn game!

Talk during the timeouts, but fer cryin' out loud, the announcers shouldn't actually keep you from following the play on the field.

Last edited:
Whoop-dee-damn-doo. I don't see how this team offers anything. Simms blathers platitudes while Nantz runs for President. Most overrated team in the biz. Aikman is way better although Buck sucks. My ideal team would be Ian Eagle as play-by-play and Aikman as color. That would be a great team.

Simms is clearly a huge Brady fan, and Nantz is more benign than most.. both seem to understand BB, how the Patriots are built and how they operate..

maverick4 said:
Simms is one of the best, in my opinion. He does a good job of explaining what each team was trying to do on plays, and on more than one occasion has predicted a play right before it happened.

100% Agree. He actually makes intelligent statements rather than just stating the obvious or something just plain stupid.

Last edited:
PonyExpress said:
Whoop-dee-damn-doo. I don't see how this team offers anything. Simms blathers platitudes while Nantz runs for President. Most overrated team in the biz. Aikman is way better although Buck sucks. My ideal team would be Ian Eagle as play-by-play and Aikman as color. That would be a great team.

You lost me at Aikman. I'll take oh many many others over that idiot.

Last edited:
I love those guys. They are the best.

I think Tim Ryan's the best game analyst out there.

I like Simms too. Nice to see that the Pats still rate CBS's #1 team. That is of course, when Indy and Miami are on National TV.

I think Simms has a closet attraction to Tom Brady. Just listen to how many times Simms says his name and how excited he is every time.

Not that I mind, I prefer to listen to guys that like the players on NE, but I can see how fans of other teams can get a little tired of it.

Simms is pretty good ... he always strikes me as very prepared, at least. He never says things obviously wrong-headed about the Patriots like so many other guys. Still, though, for Simms to be among the best says something about the level of football announcing ... he rarely says anything that really makes me think. Which is too bad because I think he could. Producers drive it out of the guys, I think.

Jim Nantz drives me nuts, though; I liked the Greg Gumbel/Phil Simms team a lot more.

For some reason, I like Randy Cross. Not that he's great or anything, he's just a very pleasant presence on the broadcast. Seems like a nice guy who would be good to hang out with and watch a game (a friend who worked on that crew says that he is, btw) ...

One thing fans need to remember is that, most of the time, it is the producers that are the cause of the ridiculous banter in the booth. ESPN was especially bad with this. Every game had a few "highlite" players and the rest were of no consequence. Does anyone remember how over-the-top the accolades were for the Dallas QB (the one that backed up in NYJ land the following year) during the NE/Dallas game in 2003? You could alost hear the producers yelling into the earphones for more hyperbole.

Until they change their braodcast production, it won't matter at all who they have in the booth.

You are on the money. The problem often isn't the talent, it's overproduction. The producers feed the talent talking points and make the banter staged. If they just let the commentators loose a little, the conversations wouldn't be so excruciatingly uncomfortable. These guys are overcoached QBs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick