PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We Aren't Who You Thought We Were

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catch more from Chico on the BSMW Board - it’s hilarious

(An educated guess/hat tip)

So happy to be able to root for this team.

(Original post edited).

Catch more from Chico on the BSMW Board - it’s hilarious

(An educated guess/hat tip)
Is that old user @chico*** (forget the whole name)?

"An entire sporting world cried “uncle” at once." This is a great quote and so true.

You don't hear people calling the team "cheaters" nearly as much any more. You don't hear people trying to call Brady a system QB any more. At least I haven't heard much of it. It's like all the other fan bases and haters in the media just gave up and accepted the Patriots' greatness. They don't want to talk about it either. There seems to be very little chatter about the greatest dynasty or all time QB despite how relevant these subjects are after this past SB. Everyone outside of the NE fanbase did in fact seem to call Uncle.

"An entire sporting world cried “uncle” at once." This is a great quote and so true.

You don't hear people calling the team "cheaters" nearly as much any more. You don't hear people trying to call Brady a system QB any more. At least I haven't heard much of it. It's like all the other fan bases and haters in the media just gave up and accepted the Patriots' greatness. They don't want to talk about it either. There seems to be very little chatter about the greatest dynasty or all time QB despite how relevant these subjects are after this past SB. Everyone outside of the NE fanbase did in fact seem to call Uncle.
No, you don't.

2014 was so important in squelching that BS. They are still out there but shut up a lot of the uneducated and blind haters.

No, you don't.

2014 was so important in squelching that BS. They are still out there but shut up a lot of the uneducated and blind haters.
I live in NJ and 2014 didn't really do the job around here...last year is what changed everything. The office has been a much more pleasant environment!

The current success is something only true fans can appreciate. The people already planning their exit strategy (i.e. the "As soon as Brady and Belichick retire, I'm done" crowd) will never understand.

There were lots of good teams before Brady. I understand that the kids (fans and media) don't think so.

The first 40 years had good teams, amid the many bad ones.

The current success is something only true fans can appreciate. The people already planning their exit strategy (i.e. the "As soon as Brady and Belichick retire, I'm done" crowd) will never understand.
I think many of those people are just so frustrated with the state of the NFL and not necessarily of the "fair weathered fan" type.

I think many of those people are just so frustrated with the state of the NFL and not necessarily of the "fair weathered fan" type.
But if that were the case, they would leave today. Instead you have a small group of people publicly announcing their intention to ride out the good times and then jump ship when the Patriots return to being mere mortals. If that ain't a fair weather fan, I don't know what is.

But if that were the case, they would leave today. Instead you have a small group of people publicly announcing their intention to ride out the good times and then jump ship when the Patriots return to being mere mortals. If that ain't a fair weather fan, I don't know what is.

Who cares? Ultimately we are talking about entertainment. There is more to life than this crap.

There were lots of good teams before Brady. I understand that the kids (fans and media) don't think so.
All they have to do is just continue ignoring reality - and joining the rest of the country in denigrating all the great players in Patriots' history in the 20th century.

I think fair weather fans would lose interest if the TB team started losing. But watching one of the greatest athletes of all time (that could be mentioned with Jordan, Russell, Ruth, Ali, Gretzky, etc) finish his career I dont think is a fair weather fan if said fan went back to being a more casual Pats fan after.

It’s been a long road towards greatness. I’ve been a fan for 42 years now, I’m 55, was brainwashed to be a Jet’s fan early in life (born and raised in Queens NY) by my old man. Started liking the Pats because of Mack Herron in 73 or 74 I think, then became a full time fan.

I’ll tell you what true fandom is. During the 1-15 and 2-14, I was thrilled to watch a Pat’s game in NYC twice a year. I was thrilled, because getting to see the Pats during the awful/mediocre times was such a treat for a Pat’s starved fan.

It’s amazing that for the first 26 years of my fandom, we were basically the Detroit Lions (though they’ve never gotten to the SB). We were an irrelevant team. A few good teams, a few great teams (1976 & 1985), but basically irrelevant. Amazing thing these last 16 years have been, mind boggling and unthinkable back prior to 2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back