PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to the Billdos

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's Rob Johnson doing these days? LOL
Rob (the man whom Wade Phillips started in place of Doug Flutie) Johnson?

Bills will sell out to stop the run and make us one dimensional. They won't bite on the PA's like the Jets did and will try to force us into playing the vertical game against them. They will have someone ready to match up on White when he motions out wide. I think we'll see a continuation of the pony formation, with either or both RBs motioning out.

I expect a low scoring game. McDermott's Bills are playing an overtly simple but mistake-free defense. They almost never tip their hands- and this sometimes frustrates Brady. I expect a lot of motioning, stacking, and bunch sets to stress the Bills DB corp.

If I were BB, I would be putting Wino in spy on Allen and chase him down if he uses his feet. Their OL has been up and down, and it's very important that we make Allen think he has no time, because once he gets into that mentality, he starts making mistakes, starts taking to his feet and forcing throws.

As good as the Bills appear to be, they still make plenty of mistakes as they did with the Bengals and I think that's not going to stop and we'll capitalize on them as usual.

After a one week respite, it is sadly another week with Dan Fouts.

506 Sports - NFL Maps: Week 4, 2019

CBS Early
04-CBS-E.png

Red: New England @ Buffalo - Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts
Blue: Cleveland @ Baltimore - Greg Gumbel, Trent Green
Green: Oakland @ Indianapolis - Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon
Yellow: Tennessee @ Atlanta - Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta
Orange: LA Chargers @ Miami - Tom McCarthy, Jay Feely

CBS Late
04-CBS-L.png

Red: Minnesota @ Chicago - Jim Nantz, Tony Romo
Blue: Jacksonville @ Denver - Andrew Catalon, James Lofton

Fox Single
04-FOX.png

Early:
Red: Kansas City @ Detroit - Kevin Burkhardt, Charles Davis
Blue: Washington @ NY Giants - Thom Brennaman, Chris Spielman
Orange: Carolina @ Houston - Kenny Albert, Ronde Barber
Late:
Green: Seattle @ Arizona - **** Stockton, Mark Schlereth
Yellow: Tampa Bay @ LA Rams - Chris Myers, Daryl Johnston

Night Games
  • Thursday Night: Philadelphia @ Green Bay (FOX/NFLN)
  • Sunday Night: Dallas @ New Orleans (NBC)
  • Monday Night: Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh (ESPN)

Bills will sell out to stop the run and make us one dimensional. They won't bite on the PA's like the Jets did and will try to force us into playing the vertical game against them. They will have someone ready to match up on White when he motions out wide. I think we'll see a continuation of the pony formation, with either or both RBs motioning out.

I expect a low scoring game. McDermott's Bills are playing an overtly simple but mistake-free defense. They almost never tip their hands- and this sometimes frustrates Brady. I expect a lot of motioning, stacking, and bunch sets to stress the Bills DB corp.

If I were BB, I would be putting Wino in spy on Allen and chase him down if he uses his feet. Their OL has been up and down, and it's very important that we make Allen think he has no time, because once he gets into that mentality, he starts making mistakes, starts taking to his feet and forcing throws.

As good as the Bills appear to be, they still make plenty of mistakes as they did with the Bengals and I think that's not going to stop and we'll capitalize on them as usual.
I agree with the post, but shouldn't the first sentence read: Bills will sell out to stop the Pass...? Because as the second sentence reads, they won't bite on play-action, nor should they. I would sell out not to stop the run, but to stop the pass, because our running game simply isn't worthy of Barfalo's - or anybody's - respect right now.

Watching Bills/Bengals last night. Bengals had some success running counter. I could see Rex getting some touches early on bc he has that quick, nifty lil jump cut that really complements the play.

Bills ran a ton nub sets. Ran a lot through & featured him last game. Definitely expect more of that.

Johnson & Milano (loved him coming out) are probably two most important defenders imo. Johnson is a very underrated CB that can hang w 11 if he plays & Milano is a dog. Such a pleasure to watch. Great story big fan. Dude is the epitome of a professional. Such a hard worker. So disciplined irl & in football. One of the good guys w amazing instincts. Makes all the difference in the world when hes in there.

Beasley was a huge get for Buffalo. Allen absolutely needs a safety blanket where he can look to quick on hot reads or just get the ball out quicker as opposed to chucking it a mile. 24 will most likely be across from Brown most of the day. I really think they try work more Beasley & Knox into this game.

Foster is really their only playmaker in terms of beating you deep. I'm sure he'll light up like a neon signs to our DBs.

Last year it was all abt manipulating the attack to confuse Allen & containing him in the pocket. At times we'd purposely over run our edge defenders only to have DBs or LBs coming in on a delayed wave. Basically the same idea in coverage. Have it look one way before switching it up.

We played almost 90% man last game compared to around 60% v Pitt & 45% NYJ. I think we see a lil more zone looks disguised as man. Idk the way our D is locked in I think Bill trust them to play man all game but w Allen's legs & the willingness to work the short/intermediate game. I'd say we go closer to 50%.

Nice work...thanks Bacon !

After a one week respite, it is sadly another week with Dan Fouts.

506 Sports - NFL Maps: Week 4, 2019

CBS Early
04-CBS-E.png

Red: New England @ Buffalo - Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts
Blue: Cleveland @ Baltimore - Greg Gumbel, Trent Green
Green: Oakland @ Indianapolis - Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon
Yellow: Tennessee @ Atlanta - Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta
Orange: LA Chargers @ Miami - Tom McCarthy, Jay Feely

CBS Late
04-CBS-L.png

Red: Minnesota @ Chicago - Jim Nantz, Tony Romo
Blue: Jacksonville @ Denver - Andrew Catalon, James Lofton

Fox Single
04-FOX.png

Early:
Red: Kansas City @ Detroit - Kevin Burkhardt, Charles Davis
Blue: Washington @ NY Giants - Thom Brennaman, Chris Spielman
Orange: Carolina @ Houston - Kenny Albert, Ronde Barber
Late:
Green: Seattle @ Arizona - **** Stockton, Mark Schlereth
Yellow: Tampa Bay @ LA Rams - Chris Myers, Daryl Johnston

Night Games
  • Thursday Night: Philadelphia @ Green Bay (FOX/NFLN)
  • Sunday Night: Dallas @ New Orleans (NBC)
  • Monday Night: Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh (ESPN)
Damn, Myrtle Beach missed Pats game by a 16th of an inch. Will be heading to Dagwoods sports bar once again.

I would sell out not to stop the run, but to stop the pass, because our running game simply isn't worthy of Barfalo's - or anybody's - respect right now.

And selling out to stop the pass is what - six or seven DBs? Or sending the house? Because either of those scenarios favor the Patriots.

If the Bills go that light they will be run on, maybe not by Sony, but even our current OL can run against a "sell out against the pass" alignment - that's where they've actually had their success on the ground so far.

If they send everyone, I'll take one on one man coverage with Gordon all day or more leaker plays like the one to Izzo last week. Against zone, Dorsett has been having a field day finding soft spots so far this season.

Buffalo has to execute their base defense well defending the run to the same effect the Jets and Steelers did, adding in rushing four and get to Brady to win. "Sell out" options significantly increase the risk of huge plays against.

Where is this guy getting his info? He's wrong about yards per drive and 3 & out Pats are #1 in both

Yeah, and they are #1 with a bullet. They are waaaaay ahead of everyone else.

I agree with the post, but shouldn't the first sentence read: Bills will sell out to stop the Pass...? Because as the second sentence reads, they won't bite on play-action, nor should they. I would sell out not to stop the run, but to stop the pass, because our running game simply isn't worthy of Barfalo's - or anybody's - respect right now.

You could argue that selling out to stop the pass (or at least gameplanning to deal with that first) is why Burkhead has been able to have success running the ball to the tune of 4.7 yards per carry. I'm guessing if they sell out to stop the pass with Michel in the game, he'll do a lot better than he has.

Ahem....

Plenty of time to recover...

Ahem....

Plenty of time to recover...

Or Korey Cunningham time who should be somewhat up to speed by now he's a Big Boy. Of-course Sony just did this.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back