PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are on to Kansas City...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to say it but the ravens look like the most balanced team, atleast in this conference. And they have good coaching.

After last year, I will never say never, but this team has lost too many good players, especially on offense. Several teams have caught up to them, or passed them. I don't see them going far in the post season with no effective FB or TE.

Some breathing room next week. A very winnable game against a very bad team and a good opportunity to get back into the win column after this loss.

The amount of people getting tossed out of the GDT was head spinning tonight. Really don’t understand it personally, that was a pretty difficult game to watch.

I think now would be a good time not to root for the Bills next week. Division first, have to get there to have a shot. You never know, the offense could some how get it together down the stretch.
Ashley was Gronk and we were all Sergio Browns tonight

Hate to say it, but KC is gonna kill us. If the Texans destroyed us (let’s face it, 2 late TDS in the 4th made it close), KC may put up 50+ on us. Just not our year, the odd year curse strikes again. Just don’t have the horses to compete this year.

In a game the Pats desperately needed, they played their worst. This team feasted on **** teams. Got destroyed by physical teams who play the RPO, something this defense can NEVER beat. KC plays a similar RPO type style. I’d be EXTREMELY shocked if the Pats beat KC next week. There’s just no way in hell its gonna happen.

Still will wind up with a respectful 12-4 record most likely (I don’t see them beating the Bills, who are playing GREAT football and who play similar to the Ravens & Texans). Maybe 2nd seed, but this is a team set up to be 1 and done.

I know people will bring up 11-5 last year, but that team was under performing in the regular season. This team is who they are, good at beating **** teams, can’t beat teams that are physical and have mobile QBs. Defense is overrated.

Texans have DEN, TB, and TEN x2 left to play. Only chance they lose is against TEN.

The playoff picture is a bit sketchy at the moment. We need 13-3 to secure a first round bye. If KC, HOU, or BUF drop 1-2 more, we can get away with 12-4.

I’m assuming the #1 seed belongs to BAL but that’s still up for grabs, technically.

Need to beat KC next week and get some breathing room between us and BUF. At that point, settle in and finish strong for a first round bye.

A good showing next week will wash this sh*tty taste out.

Last edited:
HOU could lose twice to TEN.

Texans have DEN, TB, and TEN x2 left to play. Only chance they lose is against TEN.

The playoff picture is a bit sketchy at the moment. We need 13-3 to secure a first round bye. If KC, HOU, or BUF drop 1-2 more, we can get away with 12-4.

I’m assuming the #1 seed belongs to BAL but that’s still up for grabs, technically.

Need to beat KC next week and get some breathing room between us and BUF. At that point, settle in and finish strong for a first round bye.

A good showing next week will was this sh*tty taste out.

Some breathing room next week. A very winnable game against a very bad team and a good opportunity to get back into the win column after this loss.

yeah wasn’t this the same narrative for the Texans. KC is better then the Texans

Can’t believe I’m nervous about KCs defense good grief.

I think it's fair to say the home winning streak ends next week.

This team needs to find their identity. Last year it was Michel and the running game, 2014 it was Brady silencing all the doubters. 2016 it was Brady getting revenge for deflategate. What is it going to be this year? I think the most likely answer is knowing that the offense just isnt very good and we will have to lean on the defense to give this offense short fields. It means not getting owned by Lamar Jackson or Watson.

A few thoughts just to vent. Okay, more than a few, but whatever.

1. Team has a ton of injuries & the flu bug floating around. Aside from being down to our 3rd center, not too many guys looked banged up tonight. Here’s to a great recovery by Karras and three cheers for Chung making it all the way through.

2. Quite a few of those deep balls Brady threw could’ve been big plays had he put a bit more air under the ball. Those receivers beat those guys deep a few times though, and that’s encouraging.

3. Our Defense got exposed again by a team that has the speed to spread us out. Our LB’s are just too damn slow to match up with TE’s & RB’s. The positive side is that they were able to string together more drives that ended in punts. Hopefully it’s a sign of things to come.

4. I honestly have no ****ing idea what holding is in this league anymore. I watched 3 different games today and on countless plays you’d see an OL with his arm completely around the upper chest/neck area of a defender trying to pursue and it never got called. Every damn play! Who does it benefit the most? The teams that have mobile QB’s. The league needs to make that **** a point of emphasis this offseason and give the Defense a damn chance.

5. I’ll never count these guys out, but it doesn’t mean I can’t be realistic either. We lose to KC next wk, and win the next 3. From there, anyone’s got a shot. Hopefully our D can fix some of the issues, and our offense can develop some sort of identity or rhythm by then. It’s troublesome when Edelman is getting double/triple teamed and yet NO ONE else manages to get open. Or, maybe they were and Brady was missing them. IDK, that’ll be one for the all-22 group analyze.

Hope ya’ll have a great night with family and friends.

Also, a lot of blame has to go Belichick’s way. Leaving this team short handed by trading away Thomas, and cutting Gordon and Brown. Also never attempting to draft a decent TE by basically ignoring that position the last 2 years (2 GREAT TE drafts), as well as single dipping at WR

Hate to say it, but KC is gonna kill us. If the Texans destroyed us (let’s face it, 2 late TDS in the 4th made it close), KC may put up 50+ on us. Just not our year, the odd year curse strikes again. Just don’t have the horses to compete this year.

In a game the Pats desperately needed, they played their worst. This team feasted on **** teams. Got destroyed by physical teams who play the RPO, something this defense can NEVER beat. KC plays a similar RPO type style. I’d be EXTREMELY shocked if the Pats beat KC next week. There’s just no way in hell its gonna happen.

Still will wind up with a respectful 12-4 record most likely (I don’t see them beating the Bills, who are playing GREAT football and who play similar to the Ravens & Texans). Maybe 2nd seed, but this is a team set up to be 1 and done.

I know people will bring up 11-5 last year, but that team was under performing in the regular season. This team is who they are, good at beating **** teams, can’t beat teams that are physical and have mobile QBs. Defense is overrated.
Wanna bet you said they would be one and don’t last year?

I think it's fair to say the home winning streak ends next week.
They should probably forfeit.
They should be so embarrassed being 10-2 they should probably just cancel the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft