PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We are On To Atlanta....

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB will have an answer for the Falcons. If we can put up 35+ on the steelers then we can do that to the Falcons. Atlanta isn't dropping 44 on the pats like they did the packers
Nobody said they are. What is your game plan, though? Two man under? Cover-3 and hope the zone is up to the task of Julio? Give me specifics. You've been disagreeing all night. Now tell me why you disagree and show me your game plan.

What's the bigger threat, the pass catching RBs out of the back field in Freeman/Coleman or Julio?

Sanu, Gabriel, their TEs are no slouches either, but me thinks this is a game where getting pressure on Matt Ryan will be absolutely critical and that we may have to go away from our regular contain defense.

CSN postgame telling us Pats can't stop Atlanta....SUCK IT FELGER! SUCK IT ALBERT!

Nobody said they are. What is your game plan, though? Two man under? Cover-3 and hope the zone is up to the task of Julio? Give me specifics. You've been disagreeing all night. Now tell me why you disagree and show me your game plan.

I disagree because you are the most negative poster on here. We just won the AFCCG. Try and enjoy it before you post all doom and gloom

Nice to see Gronk there. He deserved to be out there.

No clue how the Pats will contain them. Go man to man and their RB's will torch our LB's. Go zone to stop that and Jones and Sanu will have field days. Going to have to be a shoot out and the defense is going to have to put Ryan on his ass. This one is going to be very tough, though. It's a bad match-up for the Pats defense.
I agree, as I expected this will be our toughest game of the year, by far. The coaches are now challenged to come up with a sound plan-including potential adjustments depending on how things go-and this will be a business trip. Pats need reps and focus in these practices coming up. Don't know yet if roof will be closed or open. Even if game is kept close and low-scoring, Falcons can break out at any time. Offense and ST must do their jobs and protect the ball. See you in Houston!:)

I disagree because you are the most negative poster on here. We just won the AFCCG. Try and enjoy it before you post all doom and gloom

Aaaaaaand clearly you haven't read my posts on this forum the entire season. I've been the exact opposite of that to the point where I've been accused of being a homer.

But since you want to make it personal? Blow me.

It's over Mike. Shanahan will defeat BB, they can't be stopped Mike.

Did you see Julio with 180 toda , Mike?

-interjection: Hey Mazz, Hogan had 18...

Shut up, they can't stop Jones, Mike.

Rinse reapeat. It's a disgrace.

Pats played well this game but left points on the board. Mitchell screwed up 2 3rd downs. Makes me worried. Maybe the moment is too big for him? I hope not we will need him or someone besides Hogan/Edelman to step up as a WR.

They could have gotten 40. I think we will be able to score on Atlanta and need to.

The truth is our D has no answer for their offense. We don't have a guy who can go 1 on 1 with Jones. Need to double him. But they have good options besides Jones and a good run game. Very underrated.

This defense is going to look bad in 2 weeks. Count on that. However they don't need to stop Atlanta. Just slow them down. Make them take 3s instead of 7 a few times. Hold on to turnovers when we get the chance. Get a few 3 and outs and make them pay for penalties.

Their offense can be slowed down by good disciplined defense but not stopped. We just don't have the stars on D needed to do that.

That being said Ryan (ours) is red hot. He needs to keep that up. Butler and him will pose a big challenge for Atlanta. They won't let Jones go off. He won't take a 10 yard catch 70 for a TD. We will limit their run game. Our run D did bad early but soon figured it out. And not just cause Bell went out. They are good.

If we hold them under 30 I think we win. I think we can. If we let them get into the 30s it can be sketchy.

Their D isn't good but it is not trash ala Packers. They have a good pass rusher and can get some pressure up the middle. Their CBs are okay but safeties are questionable. They do ball hawk well. What they did against GB can't be overlooked. Yes GB shot themselves in the foot but that D was in position to let it happen.

This will be tough. However Tom is nearly Godly in Domes. This team will be healthy. The main worry i have is they have come out of bye weeks sluggish this year. We can not get into a game of catch up vs Atlanta.

Last edited:
I was hoping that if we won tonight we'd be facing the Packers.

I don't think people realise just how tough this match up is for any team.

Pats have two weeks to figure out how to at least put a lid on that offense, because boy is it good.

Pats played well this game but left points on the board. Mitchell screwed up 2 3rd downs.

They could have gotten 40. I think we will be able to score on Atlanta and need to.

The truth is our D has no answer for their offense. We don't have a guy who can go 1 on 1 with Jones. Need to double him. But they have good options besides Jones and a good run game. Very underrated.

This defense is going to look bad in 2 weeks. Count on that. However they don't need to stop Atlanta. Just slow them down. Make them take 3s instead of 7. Hold on to turnovers when we get the chance. Get a few 3 and outs and make them pay for penalties.

Their offense can be slowed down by good disciplined defense but not stopped. We just don't have the stars on D needed to do that.

That being said Ryan is red hot. He needs to keep that up. Butler and him will pose a big challenge for Atlanta. They won't let Jones go off. He won't take a 10 yard catch 70 for a TD. We will limit their run game. Our run D did bad early but soon figured it out. And not just cause Bell went out. They are good.

If we hold them under 30 I think we win. I think we can. If we let them get into the 30s it can be sketchy.

Their D isn't good but it is not trash ala Packers. They have a good pass rusher and can get some pressure up the middle. Their CBs are okay but safeties are questionable. They do ball hawk well. What they did against GB can't be overlooked. Yes GB shot themselves in the foot but that D was in position to let it happen.

This will be tough. However Tom is nearly Godly in Domes. This team will be healthy. The main worry i have is they have come out of bye weeks sluggish this year. We can not get into a game of catch up vs Atlanta.

You are missing the SB thing. Carolina looked unbeatable and crumbled when the lights went on the brightest. You sound like the local media.

Edit: TB is 4-0 against ATL. Also, Ryan is a statue in the pocket for the most part. Pats thrive against those.

Using Rowe to body Jones at the LOS will be key with safety help over the top. Thats my guess anyways which is next to worthless.

The brain trust will come up with something, that's what matters.

The Atlanta offense is going to be the biggest challenge the Patriots defense has faced this season by a large margin. That being said, I do trust the coaches to come up with a game-plan that slows down their offense enough to allow Brady and company to go to work. This is a team on a mission.

Where does Atlantas D rate compared to the Texans and Steelers

You are missing the SB thing. Carolina looked unbeatable and crumbled when the lights went on the brightest. You sound like the local media.

Edit: TB is 4-0 against ATL. Also, Ryan is a statue in the pocket for the most part. Pats thrive against those.

I picked the Pats to win in a higher scoring game. My prediction.. Pats 38 Atlanta 30.

Will be a last possession game. Don't compare me to the local media. Everything i said was fair. Yes Atlanta has not been in the super bowl but that doesn't matter a ton. Most teams have a lot of guys who haven't been in the big game.

Last edited:

It's hopeless Viper. As you can see by some of the posts we are going to get crushed by the Falcons

A 7TH SB trip in the TB/BB Era. Before moving onto the dirty birds, congrats to the team. There are teams ( Browns, Bills, Titans) who would die just to get a playoff berth.

Strengths/weaknesses vs Atlanta? They will be the most explosive offense since we played the Rams.
We will take away Julio jones - and see how they adjust

It's hopeless Viper. As you can see by some of the posts we are going to get crushed by the Falcons

Sure seems it. My bet? They make ATL look like chumps. Ryan threw 3 should be picks today and they fumbled twice against a horrible Packers D.

We've seen this story before. Cries of despair when in reality, the Pats are quite capable of doing their business and winning say, 34-21.

Media won't tellyou that though. And that's what most listen to.

No clue how the Pats will contain them. Go man to man and their RB's will torch our LB's. Go zone to stop that and Jones and Sanu will have field days. Going to have to be a shoot out and the defense is going to have to put Ryan on his ass. This one is going to be very tough, though. It's a bad match-up for the Pats defense.
Who would the good match up be? The Falcons are looking at the Pats and saying how they will be facing an actual NFL secondary this time and somebody will have to get open other than Julio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents