PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WBZ-TV4 Signal Problems: No Game Over The Air Or Satellite?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What service do you use to watch the game?

• Over The Air

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Cable

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • Satellite

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Internet Stream

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Directv and don't get the HD channels (?????) but have an antenna hookup in my garage. There isn't a WBZ signal out there as well. I also tried WPRI Channel 12 from Prov. Got a religious program. Might have to drink beer in the garage today I guess.

Ugh. I don't have cable because Patriots games are pretty much the only tv I watch. And I'm not crazy about the experience of being a solo woman at a sports bar, which tends to involve friendly patrons' non-stop attempts to explain how football works.
Perhaps I could accompany you, and help ward them off?:rolleyes:

I hope this thing gets orted out for you guys. You're all welcome to my crappy condo in plymouth....but you have to help me defend the clicker from my 3 yr and 20 mnth old. Theyre cool with football for about 15 minutes before the war starts.

Transmission Issue Causes Outage For Some WBZ-TV Viewers has some info in the COMMENTS section that are pretty discouraging:
BOSTON —Due to a failure in the main antenna system Saturday at about 4:30 p.m., WCVB currently is operating on reduced power from its auxiliary antenna.

This will continue at least until late Sunday afternoon and could further extend if significant damage. Crews are assessing the antenna.

We will update this information as developments occur.

If you would like to view our newscast, you can always view them on our website, or on the WCVB mobile app.
And:
From NECRAT Facebook Post:

Breaking news tonight: Getting word tonight from a couple of engineers, and my friend Jeff, that the upper master antenna on the “WBZ Tower”, the American Tower on Cedar St in Needham, MA is out again. Affected are WBZ-TV, WSBK-TV, and WGBX, which are all currently off the air. WCVB is running on their aux, and WGBH-TV is on the lower master.If you recall this is the same antenna that burned out back in 2012, and required the antenna to be removed from the 1300 foot tower, and shipped to Maine for a rebuild. The antenna was down for several months, with those affected stations running on auxes.

Time Warner gets their feed from Comcast, who gets a direct feed from WBZ.
So it might be that Time Warner and Comcast are OK but everyone else is **** out of luck?

The comments section has a few less than nice comments already, I can only imagine what they will say once this news is broadly understood.

I hope this thing gets orted out for you guys. You're all welcome to my crappy condo in plymouth....but you have to help me defend the clicker from my 3 yr and 20 mnth old. Theyre cool with football for about 15 minutes before the war starts.

images

You could have a lot of fun with that though. Start out asking some of-the-wall questions, eventually leading up to a clear, difficult question that they can't answer. :)

That kind of sounds like the experience of the Bengals' defense last week.

I don't have it either, I have charter.

OK that's it. I'm getting my antennae repair kit out of the garage and putting an end to this crap.

upload_2016-10-23_11-52-18.jpeg
upload_2016-10-23_11-52-49.jpeg
upload_2016-10-23_11-53-18.jpeg
upload_2016-10-23_11-53-39.jpeg

Why the hell would an antenna affect charter? Wtf

How do the cable networks get their feed from the source? Do they pick up the on-air broadcast feed? Microwave? Dedicated cable? Internet?

I have direcTV and there is still nothing on CBS. My friends say that CBS is coming through on an affiliate via Comcast so I'm heading for their place.

OK that's it. I'm getting my antennae repair kit out of the garage and putting an end to this crap.
I hope you don't mind working 1300 feet off the ground on a day with 40 mile per hour winds! :eek:
How do the cable networks get their feed from the source? Do they pick up the on-air broadcast feed? Microwave? Dedicated cable? Internet?
I'm no expert but given the over the air signal is gone and Comcast/TWC/FIOS still have signal while Dish/DirectTV and some cable providers do not, I'm going to presume that yes, the ones without signal get their signal over the air so they are SOL just like us regular over-the-air antenna users. I'll also presume that Comcast/TWC/FIOS must be paying some sort of fee for the direct feed, and guess the others aren't willing to pay that fee.

Last edited:
How do they not have a plan b in place. Its a god damn joke.

It is back on the air whew I would have been some pissed if I could not get the Pats

It is back on the air whew I would have been some pissed if I could not get the Pats

What provider? Still down for charter.

I have Comcast Xfinity cable and looks ok from here in Carver......

This could get expensive for WBZ and CBS as I expect advertisers will claw back their ad payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back