PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Way OT: Dave Meggett jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the game on Sunday I saw a guy wearing an old, well worn Dave maggot jersey.

Other than an Aaron Hernandez jersey, I cannot think of a jersey I would be less inclined to wear.

If this thread gets moved or deleted I will understand.
Fify

At the game on Sunday I saw a guy wearing an old, well worn Dave Meggett jersey.

Other than an Aaron Hernandez jersey, I cannot think of a jersey I would be less inclined to wear.

That's his brother Joe. Very tight family... JK:p

… Seriously tho, My wife wears her "Maroney" Jersey now and again.
I told her, back when she requested it, are you sure?

I kid her it would be a good outfit for when we go out dancing. … Which never happens:confused:

No, I think that's cool. And Ted Johnson is OK too, IMO @Tunescribe

Meggett was a serial sexual abuser and is in jail now for decades. :eek: That's what is weird to me about it.
I vaguely remember that, but seriously forgot about it until now. I definitely would've burned that thing.

I saw a fan wearing an old Jack Tatum shirt at the game last week and...wait...I apologize. I'm lying....I'm just an old bitter fool that still carries a suitcase full of hate for that scumbag.

With this comment never understood the lack of reverence for Darryl Stingley.. he should have gotten a free pass to the Pats HOF...

Tatum with all of cheap hits was a true bottom feeder, a little lower than whale crap..

That's his brother Joe. Very tight family... JK:p

… Seriously tho, My wife wears her "Maroney" Jersey now and again.
I told her, back when she requested it, are you sure?

I kid her it would be a good outfit for when we go out dancing. … Which never happens:confused:

There are some great running backs who could dance, but LoMo’s trademark move was going down easy.

I was just at Natick Mall myself this weekend. Flutie Pass!

While I have not been on the same court as him, I have it on good authority Doug is a spectacular basketball player.

I played league hoops against him once, many years ago in Framingham. The ****er had reflexes that were just superhuman and he was just so fast. He had something like 20 steals in that game and of course it was an absolute beatdown because he had a couple ex-Celtics on his team- I stopped looking at the scoreboard just after halftime.

At the game on Sunday I saw a guy wearing an old, well worn Dave Meggett jersey.

I have an autographed football which Meggett signed....I won it in a raffle many years ago. I had it displayed in my office but when he got arrested for all that stuff I put it away. I still have it, though. Anyone reading this post is free to make me an offer.

I played league hoops against him once, many years ago in Framingham. The ****er had reflexes that were just superhuman and he was just so fast. He had something like 20 steals in that game and of course it was an absolute beatdown because he had a couple ex-Celtics on his team- I stopped looking at the scoreboard just after halftime.

Yep. Thats consistent with what my buddy said when he played vs him in a pick up game in Natick. Flutie was about 32 at the time. Said he was like John Stockton.

Yep. Thats consistent with what my buddy said when he played vs him in a pick up game in Natick. Flutie was about 32 at the time. Said he was like John Stockton.

I was surprised that he really stacked the decks by the kind of players he had on his team to make the competition pretty much obsolete. I thought it was poor sportsmanship.

You'd think he would crave good competition.

I was surprised that he really stacked the decks by the kind of players he had on his team to make the competition pretty much obsolete. I thought it was poor sportsmanship.

Yeah. I've never heard a bad word said about Doug but I can envision him being one of those people who MUST win and throw fits like a 5 year old would when they don't.

I'd swat the **** out of that little guy and run around like I was @dikembe.

Maybe there were other stacked teams in the league as well?

At a Club Med in the 80s my wife and I met a bunch of firefighters from Natick who played hoops with Flutie. They said he was amazing; stuffing the ball at 5' 9 1/2". I organized a hoops team with them there and we spent the whole week kicking New York ass. My peeps helped us win the Club Med Rock n' Roll dance contest. I knew the audience really wanted someone who would make an utter fool of themselves, so I did my Chuck Berry dance moves.

At a Club Med in the 80s my wife and I met a bunch of firefighters from Natick who played hoops with Flutie. They said he was amazing; stuffing the ball at 5' 9 1/2". I organized a hoops team with them there and we spent the whole week kicking New York ass. My peeps helped us win the Club Med Rock n' Roll dance contest. I knew the audience really wanted someone who would make an utter fool of themselves, so I did my Chuck Berry dance moves.
Which Club Med? I’ve been to several in Asia and the DR and the one in Florida with the kids.

Club Med Guadaloupe. Not a kids place.
Had a great time. We arrived and there was a rain shower so they organized trivia at the bar. Unlike today, I was a trivia maven (folks called me Siskel) and somehow the firefighters started hanging around with us. Nice guys. Good looking hunks, so my wife enjoyed their company. It got to the point later in the week that a bunch of single women pulled my wife aside and gave her **** because the fire crew was hanging with us 24/7 and not chasing the babes. Too funny.
Mostly we did Sandals and later on Swept Away. Last Carib years were at Cane Garden Bay, Tortola. In high tech I'd get only 1 week a year off and head to the islands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back