PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Warwick Dunn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOWAKJOE

On the Roster
Reaction score
• Seahawks team president Tim Ruskell told PFW at the Super Bowl that he always will have an interest in players he grew to know well in the past at stops with the Falcons and Buccaneers (ex-Bucs Joe Jurevicius and Chuck Darby are two notable examples). With that in mind, don't be surprised if Ruskell shows a big interest in Bucs LB Derrick Brooks and Falcons RB Warrick Dunn -- both of whom might possibly become available on the open market due to inflated cap figures -- the latter as a stopgap if RB Shaun Alexander bolts.

BB speaks very highly of Dunn. Don't be surprized to see them make a move for him if he comes avaliable, since who knows what will happen with CD next year. Those nagging injuries and all. And even though WD is 31 he still is a productive RB, and has good hands.

Love Warwick Dunn but he's kinda small isn't he?

Hoodie said:

Oh, I know. It's horrible. We're doomed. Small players, even if they have been proven in the NFL, should never be trusted as they'll NEVER suceed.

Never!

Last edited:
He is small but he plays bigger. However I don't think that he can be the go to back.

I am totally convinced that Corey will be back with a vengence next year. It won't hurt to draft a RB on day one if the right guy is around.

Hoodie said:

He is 5'9 180 here is the scouting report on him.......
Runs with great balance, uses stiff arms to protect legs, can bounce off arm tackles and flashes the ability to pick up yards after contact. Accelerates well and has the explosiveness to consistently turn the corner. Shows a second gear in the open field, has the elusiveness to make multiple defenders miss and is a threat to go the distance whenever gets a seam. Is smooth getting in and out of cuts and is a crisp short-to-intermediate route-runner. Reads defenses well and does a nice job of locating soft spots in zone coverage. Lines up in the slot in certain situations, is capable of creating separation working against most Nickel backs and has good versatility. Shows good focus while the ball is in the air, has the athletic ability to adjust to passes thrown outside frame and rarely drops passes that should catch. Doesn't have great size and isn't big enough to wear defenders down over the course of a game. Overall, Dunn isn't a powerful runner capable of consistently picking up the tough yards after contact but he has few other weaknesses.

Warrick Dunn?

I would love to see him in a Pat uniform. Class through and through and a helluva RB.

drew4008 said:
I would love to see him in a Pat uniform. Class through and through and a helluva RB.

Amen indeed.

See....there's this guy named Dillon. Hurt all year, couldn't cut or accellerate. Everyone got down on the guy. He's mighty PI$$ED OFF right now and is gonna bring the wrath of god this year. Look for a project draft pick on day 2 for future insurance.

Shouldn't we be trying to get younger so we don't have the same problem every year??

edzo44 said:
Shouldn't we be trying to get younger so we don't have the same problem every year??
I'd love to just stay the same age every year, never mind get younger.

NOWAKJOE said:
• Seahawks team president Tim Ruskell told PFW at the Super Bowl that he always will have an interest in players he grew to know well in the past at stops with the Falcons and Buccaneers (ex-Bucs Joe Jurevicius and Chuck Darby are two notable examples). With that in mind, don't be surprised if Ruskell shows a big interest in Bucs LB Derrick Brooks and Falcons RB Warrick Dunn -- both of whom might possibly become available on the open market due to inflated cap figures -- the latter as a stopgap if RB Shaun Alexander bolts.

BB speaks very highly of Dunn. Don't be surprized to see them make a move for him if he comes avaliable, since who knows what will happen with CD next year. Those nagging injuries and all. And even though WD is 31 he still is a productive RB, and has good hands.

With all our needs an old 3rd down back doesn't address any of them.

spacecrime said:
I'd love to just stay the same age every year, never mind get younger.

:rofl: Sign me up too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back