PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wanna buy your favorite Patriot Rookie’s Jersey ? Ummm, you might wanna wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott99

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Apparently, the rookies will still be wearing their 50-60’s numbers from the OTAs in training camp, as per Mike Reiss

Honestly, I think this will be outlawed soon as well (remember the OTAs without numbers a few years back ?). This is obviously going to hurt jersey sales, people like to buy jerseys of their favorite rookies. And we all know the NFL is all about the cash.

I don’t think the NFL will allow them to wear these in the exhibition games. I don’t think they allow RBs and DBs and WRs/TE’s to wear numbers in the 50’s in games.

Honestly it makes me laugh, I really don’t care, but it makes Belichick look kinda silly, like he’s taking a shot at the NFL.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
I'm not a pre-teen or a morbidly obese middle-aged dork so I don't buy jerseys anymore. If I did, I especially wouldn't buy them for this team for anyone outside of Brady.

I'm not a pre-teen or a morbidly obese middle-aged dork so I don't buy jerseys anymore. If I did, I especially wouldn't buy them for this team for anyone outside of Brady.
Well aren't you too cool for school.

I'm waiting until Nike doesn't make the shirts AND the NYFL logo is removed. It could be a while.

For me it’s Brady, Gronk and Ty Law. The rule is, if you are going to get a jersey, always buy jerseys of good players that will be life-long Patriots. Otherwise you’ll end up being a Jets fan who burns jerseys every year.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Oh, Bill.

This happened to me when I ordered my Hightower jersey. The number changed the next day. I was lucky enough to get them to change the number. This was when I found out the jerseys were made in China when the acknowledgement contained
some Chinese script.

Honestly, I think this will be outlawed soon as well (remember the OTAs without numbers a few years back ?). This is obviously going to hurt jersey sales, people like to buy jerseys of their favorite rookies. And we all know the NFL is all about the cash.

I don’t think the NFL will allow them to wear these in the exhibition games. I don’t think they allow RBs and DBs and WRs/TE’s to wear numbers in the 50’s in games.

Honestly it makes me laugh, I really don’t care, but it makes Belichick look kinda silly, like he’s taking a shot at the NFL.
That’s exactly what he’s doing. The old policy was rookies at this point wouldn’t even have numbers but now that the NFL has mandated them, Bill’s response is to give rookies numbers that just don’t correspond with position.

Last jersey I bought was Vincent Brisby in 94....:rolleyes:

I'll buy one for playoff watching parties.

This happened to me when I ordered my Hightower jersey. The number changed the next day. I was lucky enough to get them to change the number. This was when I found out the jerseys were made in China when the acknowledgement contained
some Chinese script.

Why did you think he was going to keep 45?

I'm waiting until Nike doesn't make the shirts AND the NYFL logo is removed. It could be a while.
This one looks real good
bruce-armstrong-of-the-new-england-patriots-during-a-nfl-football-picture-id84223305

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back