PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wait. How did this get us to 17 games?

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Have we always sat on our butts an extra week the week before the regular season??? This feels new. Also, are there kickoffs this season or do 2 guys have to run real fast at a row of tires with footballs in them and wing them at each other to decide who has possession, dodgeball style? If there are still kickoffs, what yard line are they from? Can you score a safety by kicking off through the uprights on the kickoff? @Actual Pats Fan help me out on this, has this been messed up since they made the flying wedge illegal? I now declare a new lowest point in the season/preseason, this pro bowl week before opening day. Unless it's always been there and I just need more Prevagen. Shut up Florida Man.

Have we always sat on our butts an extra week the week before the regular season??? This feels new. Also, are there kickoffs this season or do 2 guys have to run real fast at a row of tires with footballs in them and wing them at each other to decide who has possession, dodgeball style? If there are still kickoffs, what yard line are they from? Can you score a safety by kicking off through the uprights on the kickoff? @Actual Pats Fan help me out on this, has this been messed up since they made the flying wedge illegal? I now declare a new lowest point in the season/preseason, this pro bowl week before opening day. Unless it's always been there and I just need more Prevagen. Shut up Florida Man.
I was in Biloxi right around the time Orthwein was destroying our logo and uniforms (it's okay I know you're happy with it) and I was able to catch up with Merle Hapes a year or so before he passed away. Merle was banned from the NFL in '46 for allegedly taking bribes before the championship game, so he couldn't stay with the Giants and finished the rest of his career in Canada. Later he worked in the Civil Service and for the DOD. He shared some of his insight into the game, and he didn't like the direction the league was headed. "It's too money driven; they just use the players now like cattle. It's easier to make a living at it today, as long as you're playing, but the owners still have all the control. They're headed for sh*t, if you ask me." I think he foreshadowed what would happen 14 years later, when Clown Nose was voted new commissioner.

Last edited:
I saw Pat McInally send a kickoff through the uprights at Harvard Stadium one game. I think most of us felt we deserved points for it. But, you know, Harvard, we're entitled.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back