PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vrabel fired in TN!

Can't we just give Vrabel a low salary for year 1 while the Titans pay him
and we pay Belichick?
I would think so

Amazing how many on here want Bill fired, yet want another guy who is trending in the same direction.
Hiring Vrabel before settling the GM situation too seems like forced marriage potential and Vrabel has already had 2 power struggles with GMs in Tennessee.

You're in danger of trending to a coach with too much power from day 1.

Once in a while, I get amazingly shocked by the racist **** I read on here.
Good, I'll take that as a compliment. Truth hurts, doesn't it? You have a billion other places at your fingertips if you prefer to be fed an extremely sanitized version of reality.

What do you think of Gary Kubiak as a coach?

Cause for 6 years he went 53-43 with Matt Schaub as his QB and 90% of people here would say he stinks.
He was a decent coach. I just think Vrabel is a leader of men who maximized the talent he had; without a good quarterback. Tannehill is average & Malik Willis sucks. His teams always play tough & physical. Also, I feel like being in NE would augment everything (coaching, familiarity, leadership, ownership etc..). Just get him a QB & some weapons & I think he’ll be fine. I know the defense will thrive. Also, he’s played and succeeded at the highest level, so the players can relate and respect his insight/wisdom. Played multiple positions to boot!…I don’t want BB to go, but if he does; I like Vrabel with a competent OC. If Pioli or another competent GM (SF 49ers..) come with him, we’d be clicking on all cylinders.

Last edited:
Truth hurts, doesn't it? You have a billion other places at your fingertips if you prefer to be fed an extremely sanitized version of reality.
I give you credit for not making excuses and just ok being a racist. Better than those that try to pretend otherwise.

I give you credit for not making excuses and just ok being a racist. Better than those that try to pretend otherwise.
This buffoon sincerely thanks you for protecting his precious feelings on the internet:
licensed-image

He was a decent coach. I just Vrabel is a leader of men who maximized the talent he had; without a good quarterback. Tannehill is average & Malik Willis sucks. His teams always play tough & physical. Also, I feel like being in NE would augment everything (coaching, familiarity, leadership, ownership etc..). Just get him a QB & some weapons & I think he’ll be fine. I don’t want BB to go, but if he does; I like Vrabel with a competent OC. If Pioli or another competent GM come with him, we’d be clicking on all cylinders.
I like Vrabel it's everything else that concerns me, who's the GM so we don't end up with Vrabel being Bill 2.0 with too much power

Who's the OC and what offense are we running are we still running the outdated overly complex one with BOB/McDaniels that only works with Brady and has failed in about 6/7 different places and young WRs can't seem to grasp or are we going to hire Arthur Smith or someone else from outside and run a more modern QB/WR friendly offense.

Harbaugh is my top choice. I don't know who else is in the mix. If it's not Harbaugh then it would be a HC and GM (2 people)
He definitely has the winning pedigree at both levels but he is also a bit of an odd duck who seems to rub people the wrong way within his own organization sooner or later. Never been a fan of his from a personality standpoint and, much more importantly, not sure he is a good personality match with the Krafts but he is a talented coach.

He also likely wants final say in player personnel, decisions and I’m not sure that is a good situation in the modern NFL, no matter who the coach is. Having said that, Vrabel may want the same control, given what he went through in Tennessee.

He definitely has the winning pedigree at both levels but he is also a bit of an odd duck who seems to rub people the wrong way within his own organization sooner or later. Never been a fan of his from a personality standpoint and, much more importantly, not sure he is a good personality match with the Krafts but he is a talented coach.

He also likely wants final say in player personnel, decisions and I’m not sure that is a good situation in the modern NFL, no matter who the coach is. Having said that, Vrabel may want the same control, given what he went through in Tennessee.
No question Harbaugh is a bit of a weirdo....but the cat wins where he goes.

I struggle w/ Vrabes. I don't see him as a org builder like Harbaugh. Def a smart guy and players play hard for him.

The Patriots could do a lot worse than Vrabel if they move on from Belichick. His teams play hard despite being plagued by mediocre at best qb play for most of his tenure in Tennessee. If the Pats go away from Belichick I want them to try and switch to an offense like McVay or Shanahan run.

Hiring Vrabel before settling the GM situation too seems like forced marriage potential and Vrabel has already had 2 power struggles with GMs in Tennessee.

You're in danger of trending to a coach with too much power from day 1.
SF is the only place I can think of right where that is working. Shanahan hired Lynch.

Maybe Buffalo as McDermott brought on Beane.

Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
Back