PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Von Miller Fined for Late Hit on the GOAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's his basis for appealing?

1) It wasn't late? It clearly was

2) It wasn't deliberate? It clearly was

That should be the quickest appeal ever

The NFL might give him Kraft's million dollars.

hell the NFL might give him a raise for trying to end the GOAT's career.

give him a TV slot on ESPN, tour him around like he is a hero.

What makes me sick is the fact that they only fined him half of the normal fee. For those of you that don't know, Von miller is the highest penalized LB in the league since 2011 (the year he entered) and also the player with the most personal fouls to games played ratio. He also leads the league this season with 6 personal fouls (might be more, stats might be a week old).

So this leads me to ask, why in the F'in world was he only charged half of the normal fine. Like someone mentioned above, it was clearly late, and it was clearly deliberate, and this clearly isn't his first offense. The only thing this says to the entire league is, "if you hit Brady, you will only receive a small portion of the Fine, so pleaseeeeeeee go ahead and target him, and I Goodell will do everything in my power to let you get away with it"

Its ****ing BS and it couldn't be more obvious. Something truly needs to be done here. I hope Goodell get's in a horrible car crash, but doesn't die.

23472053825_5564c4819e_o.jpg

What makes me sick is the fact that they only fined him half of the normal fee. For those of you that don't know, Von miller is the highest penalized LB in the league since 2011 (the year he entered) and also the player with the most personal fouls to games played ratio. He also leads the league this season with 6 personal fouls (might be more, stats might be a week old).

So this leads me to ask, why in the F'in world was he only charged half of the normal fine. Like someone mentioned above, it was clearly late, and it was clearly deliberate, and this clearly isn't his first offense. The only thing this says to the entire league is, "if you hit Brady, you will only receive a small portion of the Fine, so pleaseeeeeeee go ahead and target him, and I Goodell will do everything in my power to let you get away with it"

Its ****ing BS and it couldn't be more obvious. Something truly needs to be done here. I hope Goodell get's in a horrible car crash, but doesn't die.

That's a great point. Also, he was kneeling on an offensive player's neck a couple of weeks ago (on the same play where Talib poked a guy in the eye) and received no punishment for it. Miller's a dirty player, but the league seems to cut him some breaks.

What makes me sick is the fact that they only fined him half of the normal fee.
This for a guy with a career long history of flouting player safety rules as evidenced by his racking up repeated personal foul penalties at league-leading rates.

Innn teg ri teee!!!

Is this the very same Von Miller who got a slap on the wrist from Mr. Protect the Shield for falsifying his drug test in a blantant attempt to circumvent the rules?

Yes but as I stated in another thread, because there wasn't a conspiracy to implement a scheme which compromised the integrity of the game Goody was lenient.

:rolleyes:

Oh God, forgive for what I was thinking...:oops:

:)

Miller is mistaken. The league is paying out their bounty not fining him. It doesn't affect the integrity of the game when the strike is coming from the Furher.

And wasn't it the NFL that used spygate as a reason for the hefty fine and penalties against the Pats for framegate. That they had a history of this behavior. Funny how this is always used against the Pats, but when other teams/players do it, nevermind.

Didn't read the article, but one of the headlines on this site said it was $6,881.

What an oddly specific number. How do they come up with these things? Seems equally as arbitrary as a 4 game suspension for playing in cold weather.

It's kind of odd seeing a player get fined for something that didn't draw a penalty during the game. I wonder if anyone keeps track of how often that happens in the NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes