PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Virtual online draft. What could go wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raduray

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Seeing as how this draft will be performed on line, I can see any number of things going awry. Let's speculate. Will the hackers prevail over Herr Goodell? And if so, how?

I'm wondering how Bill will make this work to his advantage. You know they're going to do a walk through or ten.

When Pittsburgh's phones and internet connections all go dead Tomlin coming on TV and saying everything was re-routed through Foxboro to a dead end connection will be entertaining.

giphy.gif

I don't think the people hand-wringing about hackers know too much about how computers work, or how important they already were to NFL operations.

Adds to the FUN ! 2020 is a dumpster fire ! Let the 2020 draft be the same.

It’ll be interesting how the picks make out and who will have the advantage.

I’m really curious what the rules are. They already said team personnel can’t get together at one person’s house. Do either of Bill’s sons still live with him, or can he say they’re living with him during this? Can Linda answer the phone for him and tell other GMs to please hold?

John Harbaugh is complaining (go figure) about hackers. John Harbaugh should be happy there are no OTA's, since he loses a draft pick every year for cheating during them.

John Harbaugh is complaining (go figure) about hackers. John Harbaugh should be happy there are no OTA's, since he loses a draft pick every year for cheating during them.

If his password isn't something idiotic like "ineligiblereceiver2014", his concerns are misguided. Almost every "hacking" incident we hear about in the media these days is not the result of crazy genius nerds, but someone being careless about their own cyber property. The online equivalent of leaving your car unlocked.

He's worried that people will notice he also wears khaki pajamas.

Goodell practicing making busy signal sounds for when BB calls in.

The Patriots draft room was always small in # people together in the first place so hopefully they'll have the least disruption. Some other teams are used to an entire audience (crazy) watching them and will likely experience the biggest change.

I don't think it will be all that bad. It'll just require more use of technology than the draft usually does, but in the end the selection process will be the same - call the commish and tell him the pick.

I’m really curious what the rules are. They already said team personnel can’t get together at one person’s house. Do either of Bill’s sons still live with him, or can he say they’re living with him during this? Can Linda answer the phone for him and tell other GMs to please hold?

Can they all get together at a massage parlor?

Remember a few years ago, the Vikings (or some team) let it's selection clock expire....and 1-2 other teams jumped the queue to make their picks before the Vikes did.

I could see that happening....bad connection....and the Pats selecting Tua with pick #23....and the entire league's collective heads explode....and there's an investigation....and we lose all of our picks in 2021/2022....

If his password isn't something idiotic like "ineligiblereceiver2014", his concerns are misguided. Almost every "hacking" incident we hear about in the media these days is not the result of crazy genius nerds, but someone being careless about their own cyber property. The online equivalent of leaving your car unlocked.
Yeah, the National media doesn’t get too concerned when a Police Department or a City Government gets hacked. It takes about a year for a hacked city department to recover if they decide not to pay the ransom.

I don't think it will be all that bad. It'll just require more use of technology than the draft usually does, but in the end the selection process will be the same - call the commish and tell him the pick.

Right?! How is this any different, really. Instead of sitting around a conference table in person, looking at a draft board in the room, they are sitting around a virtual conference table, all looking at the same draft board online. Instead of physically handing a piece of paper, they are texting it. What's the fuss?

Do NFL teams really need to have the rules for social distancing dictated by a NYC NFL office?
As if they will endanger themselves and their families for this? Why does the NFL admin even care?

Phones and laptops last year
Phones and laptops this year
BFD

Dear Bob,
Borrow a mega yacht from one of your Palm Beach cohorts
Park it in international waters 12 miles off shore
Hire a fleet of go-fast boats to shuttle your draft brain trust out to the yacht
Let Bill drive his cute little boat if he must
Congregate and Kick Ass in the draft
Then hoist anchor, charter a course for Tampa, and empty the vessel’s septic tank in front Jeter’s AirBnB.

Will GMs just have a virtual shopping cart to add players to?

hopefully it doesn’t freeze up in checkout

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye