PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Veteran QB for next season (Flacco?)

I think you would be hard pressed to get a starter to sign for $10 million regardless of terms.

I'd expect whatever vet they bring in, if the intention is them starting, the minimum dollar value is going to be in the 15-20 million range

not a lot of guys are going to take the baker mayfield prove it deals.
I think Jimmy is at that level now. Needs to prove it. Not because of his skill so much, but because of health. Jimmy is already being paid $20M by Vegas and they're desperate to dump him. So I don't think his next suitor will be paying him the same rate. I could be wrong though.

I think you would be hard pressed to get a starter to sign for $10 million regardless of terms.

I'd expect whatever vet they bring in, if the intention is them starting, the minimum dollar value is going to be in the 15-20 million range

not a lot of guys are going to take the baker mayfield prove it deals.
$15M to $20M AAV is fine with me. This player would start until our first round QB is ready (and after a year is fine). A shot in the dark late rounder would be fine to compete with Zappe for the #3 spot and for the #2 spot in the future.

I would expect this QB to get a 3 year contract, with 2 years guaranteed.

EXAMPLE
salaries $5M, $15M, $20M
bonus: $15M
year 1 cap $10M

Jimmy is the guy if they go that route. Still young ish and experienced in the system. He won't be expensive at this point due to the injury history and he only looked OK this year. But due to that injury history, the rookie will need to be ready to be called upon. Probably worth hanging onto Zappe also. At that point, maybe just start Zappe.

It’s hard to say that Garrapolo knows the system when we don’t know what the system will be, but he would be one of my top choices. I wouldn’t bring Flacco in.

$15M to $20M AAV is fine with me. This player would start until our first round QB is ready (and after a year is fine). A shot in the dark late rounder would be fine to compete with Zappe for the #3 spot and for the #2 spot in the future.

I would expect this QB to get a 3 year contract, with 2 years guaranteed.

EXAMPLE
salaries $5M, $15M, $20M
bonus: $15M
year 1 cap $10M

When you can get similar production from brissett at 8 million why pay Jimmy 20 million. Hard pass..

Minshew could also be available for 10 million I guess.

When you can get similar production from brissett at 8 million why pay Jimmy 20 million. Hard pass..

Minshew could also be available for 10 million I guess.
Brissett is also an underrated choice.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back