PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vegas 2019 O/U win totals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda disagree with this. They've had a toxic situation in their locker room over the last couple years but that actually seems to have sorted itself out with the malcontents having left town. The remaining team, though weaker on paper, has a much better chance of actually all pulling in the same direction this year. They still have a good enough offense to win 10+ games. Much less sanguine about their defense, especially their secondary, but unless Roethlisberger falls off a cliff they're going to be in the running for a playoff spot.
Unfortunately for them, they still have Dumbo Tomlin as head coach.

best bets are.

Bears 9.5 over, Texans 8.5 over, Seahawks 8.5 over, Eagles 9.5 over

I like the NFC mid teams. I expect them to take a step forward with NO and LAR taking steps back from last year. As for the Texans 8.5 it seems safe to me. They are in a weak division and have a good D. It is all about if Watson can stay healthy enough to get to 9 wins.

The total is 259 wins (256 will, of course, be the total number of wins if a tie is counted as half a win) and you think the 4 best bets are all overs? Clearly unders need to be given some love from a betting perspective.

I do too, but IMHO comes down to the offensive line getting better and Garoppolo staying in the pocket and not trying to scramble for extra yards. I mean it's good that he's willing to do it but both of the times he's been hurt has been on scrambles that probably didn't need to happen except that Jimmy G got greedy and tried to extend a play at the cost of his health. Learn to get rid of the ball and get 'em next down Jimmy. You'll last longer.

it's a division full of average teams. Depending on your perspective that's a weak division, but it's actually a division that anyone could come out of.
I don’t think it’s about staying in the pocket or having a better O line. I just think he’s injury prone. He seems like Malcom Mitchel to me

I think Browns get to ten. The Chiefs total is interesting with them possibly not having Hill in addition to losing Hunt.

I don’t think it’s about staying in the pocket or having a better O line. I just think he’s injury prone. He seems like Malcom Mitchel to me
Both of his big injuries, the shoulder injury in 16 and his ankle injury this year, happened because he was out of the pocket running around trying to make a play happen. I don't know if he is injury prone but one thing he isn't, and this is obvious at this point, is he isn't Fran Tarkenton

If you ask me what the reason is, I'd say his unique career track is a factor. His mind is way, way ahead of his body right now. He sees that a play is possible but hasn't learned what his body can or can't do at the NFL level, and he overextends himself based on what he can see mentally and can't pay the physical price. If he'd played, he'd know what his body could or couldn't take but because he hasn't played, he's just learning that now.

Staying in the pocket is absolutely a factor here, and being able to stay in the pocket requires a good O-line. If I was coaching Jimmy G, that's how I'd try to fix it, I'd rein his scrambling impulse in, force him to stay in the pocket and put the impetus on the offensive line to keep him safe. He understudied Brady, he ought to know everything there is to know about dominating from the pocket. Leave him there, make him stand in the pocket and let him work.

Both of his big injuries, the shoulder injury in 16 and his ankle injury this year, happened because he was out of the pocket running around trying to make a play happen. I don't know if he is injury prone but one thing he isn't, and this is obvious at this point, is he isn't Fran Tarkenton

If you ask me what the reason is, I'd say his unique career track is a factor. His mind is way, way ahead of his body right now. He sees that a play is possible but hasn't learned what his body can or can't do at the NFL level, and he overextends himself based on what he can see mentally and can't pay the physical price. If he'd played, he'd know what his body could or couldn't take but because he hasn't played, he's just learning that now.

Staying in the pocket is absolutely a factor here, and being able to stay in the pocket requires a good O-line. If I was coaching Jimmy G, that's how I'd try to fix it, I'd rein his scrambling impulse in, force him to stay in the pocket and put the impetus on the offensive line to keep him safe. He understudied Brady, he ought to know everything there is to know about dominating from the pocket. Leave him there, make him stand in the pocket and let him work.
Good points, but think Aaron Rogers. He still tries to do things his body can’t execute. There are many, many others whose careers were cut short because the never learned.

Part of thinks it’s ego-based. You know, the desire to be the hero. I hope I’m wrong, because the desire to be the hero isn’t good for any team

Easy over. We would have been over this past year if not for the Miami bullsh.it.
Best quote from Tom Brady last season was “I don’t even count that game as a loss”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots