PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Van Noy gets 2-year extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting...not one of his better games the other night. His reactions were slow, and he never looked in sync. Also demonstrated poor tackling on a couple plays. I do like him overall though. I'll give him a pass for yesterday

Probably signed just to keep his hotwife around. BB's motto is get rid of wives too early not too late so he's probably looking to poach her after ditching the current starter.

Interesting...not one of his better games the other night. His reactions were slow, and he never looked in sync. Also demonstrated poor tackling on a couple plays. I do like him overall though. I'll give him a pass for yesterday

I thought the same thing. He always seemed to be just late to the edge.

Probably signed just to keep his hotwife around. BB's motto is get rid of wives too early not too late so he's probably looking to poach her after ditching the current starter.

Don't be naive. This is all about his ego. He just wants to prove that he can win a Super Bowl with any hot girlfriend.

Weird timing given how bad he was last night, but I'll take it as a positive sign that Belichick either doesn't think he was as much of a problem as he looked or doesn't think it'll be a recurring issue. I was really impressed with how Van Noy integrated into the defense last year, so I'm nowhere near writing him off or anything - he had an alarmingly bad game, but it's just won game following a string of solid performances, playing next to a mike who was not ready to be in there.

Although Freeny did get a similarly timed extension not too long ago, so who knows, this could be the same as that - just paying a premium to establish a base line of performance and hope that you can find better players to surpass it.

If I'm Belichick, even if they already had this extension agreed upon I probably would have held off for a week and said "you'll get your extension next time you play a good football game", but admittedly that would be a spiteful move that could easily backfire and that's one of many reasons why I'm me and Belichick's Belichick and he's the GOAT and I'm just some random guy on the internet.

I'm not sure if he wants to admit that he played every single defensive snap last night, but it's at least notable given that last season ended with linebacker-by-committee.

I have to admit I find it interesting that everyone on the defense is being singled out as having a bad game. So if it's a case of just everyone collectively having a bad game maybe the defense isn't as bad as it showed last night. Because when everyone gets singled out as having a bad game then you are saying the game plan and scheme wasn't the problem it was the players which the chances are very slim they all collectively play that bad again.

At least he had a good day.

Sorry, after the game he had last night (from my uneducated eye, and without tape), it just reminds me of:

images

"I'm peeing on the seat -- give me a raise!!!!"

1. Van Noy has solid mid-season addition year and winning SB.
2. Pats make an offer but he hears Marty saying “SB champions get paid more“ so his agent respectfully declines but keeps the lines opened
3. KVN has a solid preseason and steps up a bit as a leader w Hightower sidelined and his agent is looking forward to the start of the season to open the lines for other suitors
4. Bill moves High on the LOS, keeps KVN single at LB and surrounds him with small backers which exposes the poor guy to all his shortcomings on the biggest sport stage besides SB
5. KVN's agent reads about it in every media and forum he opens and he doesn't need to wait for Marty's tweet about “opener busts don't get paid“ (also sees KVN banged up on a play which gets unnoticed by media but scares the caring agent..) - so he calls Caserio and asks if he still has those papers to sign..
6. Bill puts KVN back to “the position to succeed“ @NO and everybody goes on their business as usual..

Thank goodness. I was worried that they weren't going to keep building around insufficiently talented front seven players, but this let's us all know that plan is still in effect.

I'd try to get Nink and Wilfork out of retirement ASAP.

The former might. The latter isn't.

Yeah, I've made no secret that I'm not a fan of Malcom Brown, but I have a hard time imagining that Wilfork would be any kind of improvement. I'm generally not a fan of our DTs, but Wilfork would be at best our fourth best guy and even that's probably a stretch. He's done.

Ninkovich is an intriguing and real possibility, though. If we don't get better play from the DE position in a hurry, I could see Belichick pressing hard to get him back, because he would be an immediate and obvious upgrade at a position of significant need.

Thank goodness. I was worried that they weren't going to keep building around insufficiently talented front seven players, but this let's us all know that plan is still in effect.

I think we should wait and see how much money he got before we draw any sort of conclusions here. This could be a Freeny-type deal, where the signing is more about stability than anything and not really an indication that he's a core part of the team's future.

I think we should wait and see how much money he got before we draw any sort of conclusions here. This could be a Freeny-type deal, where the signing is more about stability than anything and not really an indication that he's a core part of the team's future.

It was mostly a joke.

Mostly.

I love that this post comes one regular season game removed from a Super Bowl victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down