Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Unsung factor in this win:

The commitment to the run...

Even when it was unsuccessful, which was most of the time. Brady got some good play action looks, and the Bills couldn't tee off on the pass rush all the time. What was the final breakdown... almost 30 rushing attempts?

IMHO the 60 or so yards they gained there don't tell the whole story... which was a very GOOD story.

Agreed.Offence performed well considering the Bills D-line,which i was concerned with.Brady was sharp today,looked like the guy we are used to....and McDaniels called a nice game.A solid win against a tough team.

The commitment to the run... even when it was unsuccessful, which was most of the time. Brady got some good play action looks, and the Bills couldn't tee off on the pass rush all the time. What was the final breakdown... almost 30 rushing attempts? IMHO the 60 or so yards they gained there don't tell the whole story... which was a very GOOD story.

Exactly. McDaniels seems to have learned his lesson from the last two debacles in Miami.

True, the PAP set up some good protections for Brady. He still got hit a bit more for my liking but I guess with all the injuries its to be expected. Let's hope we continue to see a reasonable mix even when the run falters early

I recall seeing a stat that showed the Pats losing both games this year in which they ran less than 33% of the time. So I wondered: how did that compare to last year? Here are the losses from 2013:

Cincy: 18R-42P. 30%.
Jets OT: 20R-50P. 28.57%.
Carolina: 25R-42P. 37.3%
Miami: 22R-56P. 28.2%
Denver playoff: 16R-40P. 28.57%

Not perfect... but a pretty strong indicator. And we all know about the end of the Carolina game, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back