PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Under the radar stat of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkypete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The Pats are 3rd in the league on points allowed with 80. Only Denver, Baltimore and Chicago have allowed fewer.

stinkypete said:
The Pats are 3rd in the league on points allowed with 80. Only Denver, Baltimore and Chicago have allowed fewer.

Nice stat. Plus, I can think of at least 21 of those points 3 big plays which we'll keep working on cracking down on.

I'd go as far as to say that 35 of those points were result of big plays. Buffalo's opening play TD during our opening day win. The fantastic TDs by COles and Cotchery in the Jets game. And Walker's 2 big TD recepions in the Denver game.

Under the Radar?

NFL Network - NFL Total Access - Nike Rewind of highlights from the weekend: No Pats/Bills, zero, nada, goose egg. Too bad the Vikes are a Monday night game, the Pats have to come out into the open.

Wow! I didn't realize we were doing that well. I knew we were leading our division but that's a good stat to have!

stinkypete said:
That actually makes them 4th ;)
but your point is well taken.:)

Staying healthy a big reason for that. Other than Wilson, have any
starters missed a game? Hobbs one maybe?? Fingers crossed on
Big Sey. Hope he's ok.

shame on you for using a crappy stat. where do they stand on pts/game? I imagine it isn't much different since many teams have already had their bye but the point still remains.

i like the Pats d and expect it to remain top 10, hopefully top 5.

Last edited:
wouldnt that make them number 4?

stinkypete said:

The Pats are 4th in points allowed and 3rd in avg. points allowed. But this hasn't gone under the radar. There were several posts on Sunday about this.

I love where we are right now, I'm not gonna lie to you guys. Much better than last year :D:D.

I have as much confidense in the D as anyone, but we have to consider the offenses we've played. Buffalo 2x, miami, NY, Denver.....only Cincinnatti has a halfway decent offense. Jests, maybe. But four out of our first six games were against three teams in the bottom six offenses in the league ( in points scored) - Miami, Buffalo and Denver.

Let's talk after the next two games.

that being said, there are few teams on our schedule that would appear to really challenge us offensively on paper besides the colts, and maybe chicago.

The REAL under the radar stat on D is that we're tied for the least number of rushing first downs allowed (22).

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes